• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Melbourne Cup - 7 Places

The Melbourne Cup on Tuesday I think has some cracking each way value to be had.
I see Skybet is paying 7 places.

I will be studying the race more closely tonight.
Are you playing, any tips?

Twilight Payment 50/1.

Got this price at Sky last night.
I could not resist it as Melbourne is going to have a soft ground Melbourne Cup.
Ground will not inconvenience my selection.
Ran just over 4 lengths behind Sir Erec last year.
Beat Latrobe in June and that horse is 16/1.
Great jockey on board.
Draw not the best.

7 Places I take my chance.

Best of luck @The Uncouth

I dutched 5 in the race last year, but have just gone W&P ( split the place bet to 1st 3 and 4 ) on Raymond Tusk.

Mustajeer was going to be my original bet but RT has a 5lb turnaround from the Ebor and certainly has no issues with soft ground, even if the sire stats are dreadful.

The each way is always the kiss of death @Uncouth.

Having backed it on the exchange, I could have made a nice profit on RT on the win market , as he hit a low of 4.2 when jamie was sat in behind, then found zilch