• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Masters Golf

Whilst life itself seems like Groundhog Day, I was amazed to see Dustin repeat yesterdays start.

He went as low as 2.32 yesterday and then drifted to a high of 9.0 later on.

Typically I missed his first 4 holes now, all birdies. Now sits at 1.9 and I'm thinking about yesterday.

I'm not trading out but feel exposed with Keopka drifting away.

Whilst life itself seems like Groundhog Day, I was amazed to see Dustin repeat yesterdays start.

He went as low as 2.32 yesterday and then drifted to a high of 9.0 later on.

Typically I missed his first 4 holes now, all birdies. Now sits at 1.9 and I'm thinking about yesterday.

I'm not trading out but feel exposed with Keopka drifting away.
Never seen it so easy should be murdering the course - just shows how the nerves come into the game - want Rose to win if not a Brit a tired Tiger would do

I do hope the world is in a better place come April, the Masters and all other sporting events really lack a spark without the patrons/crowds.

We can only hope martin_85 martin_85

Whilst I've had a decent pick up, it was all very sterile.

I picked up with in 4 bets in 7 markets, which is good for my ego, as my son thinks he's a golf expert on the course and betting.
I'm also happy considering I didn't get invoved with the 10/11 e/w terms, which does not sit right with me even as a punter.

The "To finish in top 10" bet was more satisfying than the win bet on DJ, as I just thought it was a monster price considering his masters form, current form and the fact he won the Fed Ex.

How the hell he was odds against is beyond me; maybe Dechambeau held the DJ price up but he only took up 9% of the market, but it was probaly more a case of the "Cheltenham" promo new accounts factor.

I was paying more attention to Langer this evening, especially against Weir. I had no concerns apart from the start as he was well clear of Weir and the poor fav Michelson in the Seniors market. The downside to that 11/2 winner was that I was so transfixed with trading the win markets, I'd completely forgotten about my 50/1 bet on Langer in the previous masters winners 50/1.

Langer beat Mickelson by 6 shots . Mickelson next year is 80/1 , Langer is 500/1 ( 987 on the exchange). Hard to figure ? I'm not saying Langer is a bet in the win market, but finding an exotic bet can be worth a look.

Reed was well clear , but I guess I could have covered my loss at some stage.

That previous winners market does look worth a look in future, especially with DJ being odds on next year. Langer actually won it 27 years ago, but there was actually little depth to the market in reality.

Whilst McIlroy is a player I love to lay and appears a 4 mile plodder staying on at the death, Casey was certainly the right move to trade. He just can't last 4 days full stop.

Well done with your Golf bets doomster doomster I've never had a bet on a golf tournament in my life but have read that plenty bet the game full time.
My next door neighbour is a keen Golfer,he has a net set up thing in the garden where he practices his "swing" blasting the ball into the net,I constantly find golf balls in my garden!!!.

We can only hope martin_85 martin_85

Whilst I've had a decent pick up, it was all very sterile.

I picked up with in 4 bets in 7 markets, which is good for my ego, as my son thinks he's a golf expert on the course and betting.
I'm also happy considering I didn't get invoved with the 10/11 e/w terms, which does not sit right with me even as a punter.

The "To finish in top 10" bet was more satisfying than the win bet on DJ, as I just thought it was a monster price considering his masters form, current form and the fact he won the Fed Ex.

How the hell he was odds against is beyond me; maybe Dechambeau held the DJ price up but he only took up 9% of the market, but it was probaly more a case of the "Cheltenham" promo new accounts factor.

I was paying more attention to Langer this evening, especially against Weir. I had no concerns apart from the start as he was well clear of Weir and the poor fav Michelson in the Seniors market. The downside to that 11/2 winner was that I was so transfixed with trading the win markets, I'd completely forgotten about my 50/1 bet on Langer in the previous masters winners 50/1.

Langer beat Mickelson by 6 shots . Mickelson next year is 80/1 , Langer is 500/1 ( 987 on the exchange). Hard to figure ? I'm not saying Langer is a bet in the win market, but finding an exotic bet can be worth a look.

Reed was well clear , but I guess I could have covered my loss at some stage.

That previous winners market does look worth a look in future, especially with DJ being odds on next year. Langer actually won it 27 years ago, but there was actually little depth to the market in reality.

Whilst McIlroy is a player I love to lay and appears a 4 mile plodder staying on at the death, Casey was certainly the right move to trade. He just can't last 4 days full stop.
Talking of Langer I heard something the other day , in his career he has played in a major golf tournament against an opponent born in 1902 and an opponent born in 2002, born 100 years apart, I think they said the 1902 guy was Gene Saracen and 2002 guy can’t remember his name but think he played in the masters this week.

I know plenty of people who potentially could be your neighbours nicksar nicksar

I think you would do well on the big events without any golf knowledge if you still trade ?

Considering he's basically led from start to finish, its hard to figure how he drifted 8 points on day 2 and 3.

I just lost interest in watching golf and I don;'t like betting without watching.

doomster doomster great result just really taken everything in, lots to like about the November Masters but as a one off prefer the April and the patrons, bit hard done by in my opinion BDC, losing a ball is unlucky but 2, that's really unlucky, think he was right in what he said re a par 67 it was there for the taking as DJ did at minus 20, spoke to a lot of mates who said that wont be done again in April but I have to admit I did feel for the course and how it was brought to its knees if you know what I mean

DJ played it very much like a Faldo did and his driving and wedge play were sublime, maybe if he had a few bigger names with him on day 3 and 4 challenging, there may be a slight wobble with pressure but hats off to him the number 1 in the world won.

Really thought after day 1 Westwood would go on from there, and I thought Reed showed flashes as did oostheizen, but both faded as did reed.

Onwards and upwards

and how it was brought to its knees if you know what I mean

I think it was out of there hands Pingman Pingman , so they basically accepted the situation with the soft fairways and greens. The fact they moved the traditional flag spot on the "easy" par 3 was a sort of resistance.

History should have an astrix against the result .

Unfortunately that performance sums Westwood up. He just cant put it together for 4 days in a major.

Although i didnt have a bean on Oozy, I've got a soft spot for him when he lived nearby.

I know his cleaner and he left her a very tidy tip hidden away in the sock draw.

The killer with golf regardless of ability is we are never satisfied.

Tiger changed his swing and went backwards and I can see the same with Bryson, never happy with whats he's got.

An interesting point on the swing change doomster doomster as I remember how differently Kaymer, in particular, played after he tried to change to suit different courses. It's interesting how some players do so well for a short period and then just drop off a cliff, the main one probably being Spieth in recent years.

They should move the tee forward a few yards on 13 and change it to a par 4. It's only 5 yards longer than the 11th as it is which itself is a par 4.

Back