• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Masters Golf

It's back already and we are all still stuck in :eek: :eek:

1617810396501.png

DJ top ten is generally odds on . I still want to get involved, but I'm going let Day 1 go by in the hope he shoots 71ish.

My portfolio so far

Johnson @ 9/1

Speith @ 12/1 ( I was telling everyone he was back a couple of weeks ago, backed him Sunday morning, then found out he won that evening).

Sergio @ 50/1

Casey @ 40/1

I wanted to chuck Oosy in but sticking with the 4 runners.

Best of luck .

Larry

Mare
Hi doomster doomster DJ is number 1 in the world for good reason but winning the masters in november is a lot different to playing it in April, DJ is a shoo-in for top 10 as you say after finishing in top 10 every year for past 5 years, I like Colin Morikawa because he's so consistent tee to green its just a case of whether he can putt on these glass top greens but he's a major winner so he obviously handles the pressure, John Rahm is another I like but he's getting the reputation of being a bottler. Haven't looked at prices but my 4 against the field would be Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, Colin Morikawa & Paul Casey. I wanted to have Rory but we all know he'll have 3 great rounds & 1 horror round (either 1st or 3rd)

markfinn

Sire
Lee Westwood knows that course inside out incredible record at blowing it - must be there or there abouts - its an emotional place where the winners point to all sorts of extensional help - always nice in hindsight to to be able to nominate a recent personal event as helping to push them over the edge - but the idea seems to help winners and possibly dissuades some other's that it's not there week.

These are place bets - DJ has to be in there - Lee Westwood - Speith rolling again - Patrick Reid also picking up and has something to prove to himself and all the other none USA participants

that's it - 4 is enough in what is really a bit of a lottery.

Masters week is always one of my favourite weeks of the year.

I would love to see Westwood get the win but I think a top 5/10 is more likely. I have never backed Rahm in a major but how often do you see an athlete go on and win something just after their partner has had a child? Sometimes it takes the pressure off and lets them play with freedom.

It's nice to see Spieth back in form as he has had an awful few years or so. Wouldn't surprise me to Thomas right in the mix come Sunday either.

markfinn

Sire
Now if they could all go this fast !!!

Just look at VJ

I remember watching Beth Daniel at Lythem - the caddie teed the ball up and she just leathered, ball after ball out of the practice range - so smooth , the caddie reset the tee on average after every six balls - never once saw the tee leave the ground - they stopped both and her and laura Davies from using the driver on the practice tee - if Brandle ever gets to Lythem they will have to close the beach to allow him to practice although its not all about power as Brandle discovered last year.

runnerjp

Colt
Yahooo best week of year (minus olympics for me)

I have layed speth and DeChambeau - Speth had a good game last week but field was shit and he is back against top class... pressure and all that a lay for me. DeChambeau massive hitter but i don't think that will help on the course.... few fucked up shots and its end game!

I have backed Casey as he has to win this one bloody year lol and also like the looks of Fitz at a bigger price.

To recap

Lay: Speth & DeChambeau
Back: Casey & Fitz

Pingman

Colt
Excited to say the least, I have been backing and have a stable of 8 running for me my biggest is fritelli, after his match play show I really like the way he played.

sentiement says Garcia and it’s the first year I have ignored Rose

if any are left in after the cut I shall re consider

good luck to all, even Rory with his new coach was saying it’s a journey , it’s a journey, all this mental stuff does me in, get rid of the circus, bin the Taylor made and go back to titeleist , to be fair if he could wedge and putt like he used to when he was just playing golf for fun he could walk this.

markfinn

Sire
Excited to say the least, I have been backing and have a stable of 8 running for me my biggest is fritelli, after his match play show I really like the way he played.

sentiement says Garcia and it’s the first year I have ignored Rose

if any are left in after the cut I shall re consider

good luck to all, even Rory with his new coach was saying it’s a journey , it’s a journey, all this mental stuff does me in, get rid of the circus, bin the Taylor made and go back to titeleist , to be fair if he could wedge and putt like he used to when he was just playing golf for fun he could walk this.
I would say that no crowd would help Mclroy - as I believe that's what destroyed his game - he is looking for the crowd reaction before he has hit the ball - same thing happened to Woods but the he overcame it for a while at least - Rory is not Tiger though when it comes to a straight shoot out the Yanks currently have the players with more singular mentality.

mlmrob

Sire
The stats from Strokes Gained: Approach make interesting reading. The leader in that particular field of stats has the following recod in the last six Masters. 113211

Collins Morikawa is the current leader from Justin Thomas so that's where my lying on the settee money is going.

runnerjp

Colt
I would say that no crowd would help Mclroy - as I believe that's what destroyed his game - he is looking for the crowd reaction before he has hit the ball - same thing happened to Woods but the he overcame it for a while at least - Rory is not Tiger though when it comes to a straight shoot out the Yanks currently have the players with more singular mentality.

Only issue I see with Mclroy is that he has now got Pete Cowen on his side to help his swing but I saw a quote
"There's no magic powder that's been sprinkled on top of his golf ball to go to Augusta National."
I think he has a good year before he is back onto his a game and tends to really start badly over first few days here as not as quick to adjust to the greens. That said he might be worth a back for the traders as if he starts first few holes well his odds will shoot down!

markfinn

Sire
Pete Cowen on his side to help his swing

Would he need swing help - this is the wonder kid, that all seasoned pros stopped to watch when he was still a school boy - Pete Cowen is a no nonsense type of coach who will talk to him no punches pulled about attitude and desire etc - how that is taken, is the question, just how do you bollock a 31 year old bloke with north of £170 of million in the bank who has already done it all.

Pingman

Colt
markfinn markfinn

Mark sorry for some reason I must have pressed (ignore content from this member) just sorted now so apologies if that comes up!

The days when majors meant the be all and end all have gone now with the money involved for getting through till the weekend.

I think Woods chased the record and felt it with injury's, and then there's Westwood who would give his right arm to win one as would have Montgomery

For me its the whole thing that comes with it, I went to Carnoustie on practice day and tried to watch Garcia, he turns up with the biggest crowd of hangers on so we couldn't get near him, sadly this happened with Rory, I think Cowan as a decent down to earth guy who only charges when the plater gets a top 10 or top 5 I think can sit him down and I think deep down Rory is hurting he certainly doesn't enjoy it, and that's why the phrases journey I am going on a journey. Really what kind of crap is that, he has 3 majors in the bank he's 31 and already been on a great journey even if his career finished today it's not been bad.

For me its started when he took the Nike Buck and played there gear and the Hotel Dubai chain money, for me its basics, turn up practice sign a few autographs and then go home, ignore the media I don't think its in any contract to have to press conference after press conference and interview spouting the same shite

Good Luck to him, he was/is good for the young kids coming through and I will cheer him on if he's in the mix Sunday unless Fratelli at 125/1 is winning!

markfinn

Sire
markfinn markfinn

Mark sorry for some reason I must have pressed (ignore content from this member) just sorted now so apologies if that comes up!

The days when majors meant the be all and end all have gone now with the money involved for getting through till the weekend.

I think Woods chased the record and felt it with injury's, and then there's Westwood who would give his right arm to win one as would have Montgomery

For me its the whole thing that comes with it, I went to Carnoustie on practice day and tried to watch Garcia, he turns up with the biggest crowd of hangers on so we couldn't get near him, sadly this happened with Rory, I think Cowan as a decent down to earth guy who only charges when the plater gets a top 10 or top 5 I think can sit him down and I think deep down Rory is hurting he certainly doesn't enjoy it, and that's why the phrases journey I am going on a journey. Really what kind of crap is that, he has 3 majors in the bank he's 31 and already been on a great journey even if his career finished today it's not been bad.

For me its started when he took the Nike Buck and played there gear and the Hotel Dubai chain money, for me its basics, turn up practice sign a few autographs and then go home, ignore the media I don't think its in any contract to have to press conference after press conference and interview spouting the same shite

Good Luck to him, he was/is good for the young kids coming through and I will cheer him on if he's in the mix Sunday unless Fratelli at 125/1 is winning!
Think that “Want” is word - the kids take in their stride as there is always tomorrow - for Westwood to finish his carrier without a major will be a disaster for him - the Masters looks like his best chance and possibly this is his last chance. Not saying his chance is enhanced on a skills level because of it , but mentally he can lose the emotion he can sail close to the jacket and hopefully grab a deserved major.