• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Martin's "Inform Racing" System

Bad luck today but over quite a few days you only have a small loss which means there must be something in this. Good to hear you are psoting through January. I am sure you will find a filter or two but wonder if you think something adding to the selection process too?

Best of luck going forward MartinK MartinK

Bad luck today but over quite a few days you only have a small loss which means there must be something in this. Good to hear you are psoting through January. I am sure you will find a filter or two but wonder if you think something adding to the selection process too?

Best of luck going forward MartinK MartinK
Hi Ian, I started adding to the selection process today, by checking the highest PAR against the highest MASTER in my selected races. The only qualifier today was Litterale Ci, which was a massive +8. It was also equal-top M+A, and the OR was down by 2, so it was a great selection on paper.

The other thing I'll do is add your System 2 selections to the mix, starting with tomorrow's bets.

As you know, I had 24 pts profit after just 4 days, so this project certainly has potential. My personal feeling is that I'm just going through a rough patch, and that more time is needed.

THUR 17 DEC
Hereford 12.55 Wigglesworth, 5-1
Hereford 1.55 Mystical Clouds, 12-1
Hereford 3.05 Wilde Spirit, 8-1
Chelmsford City 7.00 Red Verdon, 3-1

Hi Ian, I started adding to the selection process today, by checking the highest PAR against the highest MASTER in my selected races. The only qualifier today was Litterale Ci, which was a massive +8. It was also equal-top M+A, and the OR was down by 2, so it was a great selection on paper.

The other thing I'll do is add your System 2 selections to the mix, starting with tomorrow's bets.

As you know, I had 24 pts profit after just 4 days, so this project certainly has potential. My personal feeling is that I'm just going through a rough patch, and that more time is needed.

A couple of system 2 bets came in today and a third earlier on. Notation just hammered the field at Southwell. Good luck with yours this evening at Chelmsford.

Hereford 12.55 Wigglesworth, 5-1 ... 4th
Hereford 1.55 Mystical Clouds, 12-1 ... n/r
Hereford 3.05 Wilde Spirit, 8-1 ... 4th
Chelmsford City 7.00 Red Verdon, 3-1 ... 3rd

DAY 30: 3 pts loss
RUNNING TOTAL: 7 pts loss

FRI 18 DEC
Uttoxeter 12.07 Gio's Girl, 9-1
Ascot 1.55 Enzo D'Airy, 15-2
Ascot 2.30 Llandinabo Lad, 10-3
Wolverhampton 6.45 Venturous, 11-2
Wolverhampton 7.45 Singing The Blues, 7-1

A couple of system 2 bets came in today and a third earlier on. Notation just hammered the field at Southwell. Good luck with yours this evening at Chelmsford.
Hi Ian, I missed those because they weren't in my race categories. I'll have to monitor Class 5 & 6 from now on!

Uttoxeter 12.07 Gio's Girl, 9-1 ... 2nd
Ascot 1.55 Enzo D'Airy, 15-2 ... 1st 5-1 ... 7.5 pts profit
Ascot 2.30 Llandinabo Lad, 10-3 ... 2nd
Wolverhampton 6.45 Venturous, 11-2 ... 1st 9-1 ... 9 pts profit
Wolverhampton 7.45 Singing The Blues, 7-1 ... 5th

DAY 31: 13.5 pts profit
RUNNING TOTAL: 6.5 pts profit ... phew, saved the month on the 31st day!
From today I'm increasing the top-rated gap from 3pts to 5pts

Last edited:
SAT 19 DEC
Newcastle 1.40 Protek Des Flos, 3-1
Newcastle 2.15 Joi De Vivre, 4-1
Newcastle 2.50 Aint My Fault, 11-4
Haydock 2.40 Hill Sixteen, 7-2
Haydock 3.15 No Hiding Place, 6-1

Uttoxeter 12.07 Gio's Girl, 9-1 ... 2nd
Ascot 1.55 Enzo D'Airy, 15-2 ... 1st 5-1 ... 7.5 pts profit
Ascot 2.30 Llandinabo Lad, 10-3 ... 2nd
Wolverhampton 6.45 Venturous, 11-2 ... 1st 9-1 ... 9 pts profit
Wolverhampton 7.45 Singing The Blues, 7-1 ... 5th

DAY 31: 13.5 pts profit
RUNNING TOTAL: 6.5 pts profit ... phew, saved the month on the 31st day!
From today I'm increasing the top-rated gap from 3pts to 5pts

Well done Martin, two nice winners today plus two seconds. Both winners clear of the Highest Class Par for the race I think (y)

Keep posting, I'm following amonst others.

Well done Martin, two nice winners today plus two seconds. Both winners clear of the Highest Class Par for the race I think (y)

Keep posting, I'm following amonst others.
Thanks I Ian Welch, I'm very happy to keep posting. I didn't notice that both winners were clear of the Highest Class Par!

That gives me an idea -- tomorrow I'll go through my winners and see how near to Highest Class Par they were. I may end up introducing a new system rule such as "Must be no lower than 3 points below Highest Class Par".

Last edited:
Did you have Mister Malarkey today MartinK MartinK ? Master Rating 2 clear of the Highest Par
Hi I Ian Welch, unfortunately that one didn't fall into my system.

I've just tried to use your Historic Race Cards function to find previous PARS, but they don't show up. I was going to check my previous winners to set a rule "if X points below highest PAR, no bet".

In the absence of that info, I'll have to guess, and maybe set the rule as "if more than 2 points below previous highest PAR for race, no bet". Do you reckon that would be about right?

I'll start keeping notes from now on.

Last edited:
On looking up old records, I Ian Welch ,
I have a pretty dumb question:

is it possible to see a complete ( or even a year's worth) set of results showing how top M+A got on?:doh:
I'm poor at finding things sometimes; even lost my hat and key one day - and I live in a caravan! The hat was on my head and the key was in the door.

Anyway, I do go through all the cards at night, after you have put up the results on them.
Noticed a lot of useful things - especially about Ability Rating in good class races at certain course.☺️

Newcastle 1.40 Protek Des Flos, 3-1 ... fell
Newcastle 2.15 Joi De Vivre, 4-1 ... 3rd
Newcastle 2.50 Aint My Fault, 11-4 ... 4th
Haydock 2.40 Hill Sixteen, 7-2 ... p/u
Haydock 3.15 No Hiding Place, 6-1 ... 6th

DAY 32: 5 pts loss
RUNNING TOTAL: 1.5 pts profit

is it possible to see a complete ( or even a year's worth) set of results showing how top M+A got on?
S Sandhog If you go to this site's Gambling Geeks and click Inform Racing, you'll see a strip across the top saying "Inform Racing Questions". Then click "System No 1" -- your question is answered there.

Last edited:
On looking up old records, I Ian Welch ,
I have a pretty dumb question:

is it possible to see a complete ( or even a year's worth) set of results showing how top M+A got on?:doh:
I'm poor at finding things sometimes; even lost my hat and key one day - and I live in a caravan! The hat was on my head and the key was in the door.

Anyway, I do go through all the cards at night, after you have put up the results on them.
Noticed a lot of useful things - especially about Ability Rating in good class races at certain course.☺️

Hi S Sandhog You have an amusing way of posting, always good to see what you are saying :D

Hi have two images. The first is all top M+A rated horses for 2020, the second is all at BSP 20+ for 2018 - 2020. Each year made 150, 60, 150 ish to BSP. Not suggesting its the way to go of course with such a small strike rate and loooooooooooooooooooong losing run of 100 😨

M+A.PNG

M+A_BSP20plus.PNG

Back