• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Longshots - Market Moves

The Uncouth

Gelding
Hi All,

In the 2.20 in the Curragh there is a move for My Lucky Penny.
It was 200-1, now it is 25-1 with Boylesports.

Have you had any word about it?

It wasn't an attack Saturn5 Saturn5

Some members like Chesham Chesham are very thorough in their dissection of races and they find angles that the rest of us could never even imagine and quite often provide us with gold info based on the same.. Those same members also want us to improve and encourage us to be more thorough, hence his suggestion to take a screenshot so some deeper analysis can be done based on the angle of this thread topic.

As you say though, you had no interest in backing the horse and i'm assuming no hunch that the price would move, so naturally the thought of taking a screenshot wasn't necessary.

Keep posting, your contribution is appreciated and welcomed (y)

S5 - We are both newbies on here and already I value your racing opinion, so please keep posting.

MrDamon -That was such a thoughtful and considered response.
Chesham does seem thorough and knowledgeable.
Intelligent people seem to dwell here, I think I am going to enjoy my stay here.

Now everyone let's kick the bookies butts.

Couple of huge market moves already for Monday.
I think just an unfortunate misunderstanding but you posted the above without naming the horses and 24hrs later posted that one of them had won 33/1 > 4/1 and at the time you did not say that you had not backed it. If you take a step back and self case this sequence then it could be perceived as after timing, an indulgence which seldom earns a positive response on any forum.

On to more important matters i also find much interest in " long shots " but here is the rub when one starts off as such but gets smashed in the market you will often hear the pundits say " The smart money has arrived " but taking your above example i would ask what is smart about anyone risking there wedge at 4/1 when they had the opportunity to do so at 33/1. ? The other aspect i find puzzling is that they never give the source of said smart money.

If smart money equals a winning punter(s) look what occurs these days, the culprit soon gets closed down by the bookmakers so he may switch to BF and if his smartness continues will then be hit with the Premium Charge. Current times the only business which off course Bookmakers will accept without fuss is at SP. This being so i wonder if the really smart money these days is on horses who are drifting in the market. ?

Last edited:
Saturn5 Saturn5, I don't think either Chesham Chesham or mick mick meant any harm in what they wrote, it is in the nature of written communication that it is easy to take offence as it is bereft of verbal tone and body language that would be present in spoken communication face to face. I find it incredibly easy when I send emails in my job to cause offence when absolutely none was intended.

Both Chesham Chesham and mick mick are very knowledgeable and I have found their posts both helpful and informative.

Please don't take this as me wading in against any of the parties but I think from your few posts you have shown great promise and are likely to be a valued contributor like Chesham Chesham and mick mick given time. Don't let the nature of the written word cloud your view of this forum, please keep contributing and please draw a line under this interaction as a misunderstanding which I as an outsider see it as

Good luck tomorrow and good luck with get knotted, I've looked at that race and hope we're both right about that one

6.55 - Newcastle
Roddy Ransom.

This horse opened 100-1, now. 66-1 with PP.

Apart from the very short favourite the horses that have run here haven't exactly set the world alight, and there are more than a few horses though with fashionable stables haven't run a race yet.

Anything in this I wonder.....

2.45 - Bath
Midnight's Legacy 12/1.

I got a piece of 12-1 myself.
6-1 now in places and still being backed as I type.

6.40 - Kempton.
Little Becky.

This horse was 25/1 this morning, now down to 12/1.
Looking at the pedigree I am not surprised by the move.
If it shortens even more close to post time, I'd say someone knows something.

1.45- Thurles
Darling Miss. 6/1

Fluent jumper.
Trip and ground fine.
Top jock Davy Russell rides.
Gordon Elliott trained.
This horse has never been out of the first 2 in 8 runnings.

There are 6 outsiders in this 9 horse race.
Senoria the favourite has a 224 day absence to overcome.
Second fav Agusta Gold may well win this.

I call my selection the each way bet of the day.

3.00 Carlisle
Iolani 9/1. 4 Places.

Love how smoothly this horse travels.
Drop in trip a plus.
Ground fine.
Jock Danny McMenamin takes 5lbs off.
Course winner.

9 horses in this race come back from long lay offs.
My selection has run only 2 hurdles races
Coming 3rd and won last time.
My only concern is the horse now runs up 1 grade in this Class 3.

4 Places on a match fit horse, I feel if 16 horses stay in.....it places.

1.45- Thurles
Darling Miss. 6/1

Fluent jumper.
Trip and ground fine.
Top jock Davy Russell rides.
Gordon Elliott trained.
This horse has never been out of the first 2 in 8 runnings.

There are 6 outsiders in this 9 horse race.
Senoria the favourite has a 224 day absence to overcome.
Second fav Agusta Gold may well win this.

I call my selection the each way bet of the day.
My horse fell :-(

3.00 Carlisle
Iolani 9/1. 4 Places.

Love how smoothly this horse travels.
Drop in trip a plus.
Ground fine.
Jock Danny McMenamin takes 5lbs off.
Course winner.

9 horses in this race come back from long lay offs.
My selection has run only 2 hurdles races
Coming 3rd and won last time.
My only concern is the horse now runs up 1 grade in this Class 3.

4 Places on a match fit horse, I feel if 16 horses stay in.....it places.
4th place.
Lovely :)

Back