• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Lincoln

TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother,

Dance Jupiter in winning his maiden @ Cork on 1/10/19 beat the odds on fav. that day namely Patrick Sarsfield.

At the time of that race PS was owned by Mrs C. C. Ragalado - Gonzalez.

PS won at the next time of asking.

The said owner then purchased DJ so now owns both horses.

She looks to have two very unexposed 4yo's going into 2020.

Regards,

I have not seriously looked at the Lincoln yet, but Afaak keeps catching my eye.
When it comes to the Lincoln on the 28th March it will be 127 days since he ran at Bahrain where he finished a length 4th in a 250K conditions race.
He's a CD winner and he shows he likes a straight mile when winning the Royal Hunt Cup last season.
He's currently a best price 21.0 with most bookmakers.

I posted the below on another part of the forum on Wednesday and we now have several Bookmakers quoting 33/1 which seems fair. I am guessing most members will not feel any interest in the race at this stage which is fair enough but i noticed that this dedicated Ante Post area of the forum has slowed down which is a shame as it can prove an interesting topic.

The Lincoln April 1st Donc 4.10 : Air To Air @ 33/1

Since returning to having an occasional Ante Post punt i have done well on balance and while i certainly understand the reluctance of most backers to play in this ultra high risk area i find a perverse interest in following events once i have committed.

Air shows top off my numbers but his profile has left me blowing hot and cold. At 5yo he is 0-5 in these class 2 contests but his only run in same at this 8 fur trip was in the Royal Ascot Britanna when he had a neg draw and lost a shoe. He does appear to have some quirks but i have also concluded that with only 16 runs to date he may still have the potential to win one of these top class Hcaps.

Spencer appears to get the best from him and if i owned the animal i would be booking Dear Jamie now and checking his stats it was pleasing to note that during the past ten years Yarm and Donc have been his top turf tracks with the straight mile at both perhaps playing to his strengths. ? Air has won over CD and off a lengthy break, he has also won on ground ranging from fast to soft and a straight course def appears to suit. all aspects which are helpful to have on side at this early doors stage.

The stable have five entered which complicates matters but the other four would not be of betting interest to myself. At time of writing there are no ante post prices available so a wait and see job but if a considered value price is offered then i suspect i shall be chancing my arm. :eek:

Last edited:
pinemarten pinemarten Akhu Najla is an interesting contender he is currently quoted 12/1 - 20/1 in the market and it will be interesting to see if the 20/1 holds up because there are some big punters who are owners in that yard.

mick mick,

If I remember rightly you sometime ago mentioned some big hitters in London and / or Cyprus.
The trainer himself comes across as butter wouldn't melt & I like to listen to him talk.

These are my own notes for the horse.

Highly regarded early season. Had entry in Gp 1 French Derby. Won C5 maiden on 2nd start. Upped to Listed when 3rd to later to be Gp One performer. Not seen for 128 days. Returned in C2 hcap off OR 98. Started fav but 8th on easy ground.
Not seen since. Dam winning machine. Sire has excellent AW stats. April foal. Trainer very patient. Several of his horses not seen though the summer so perhaps some of the yard had issues? EXPECT TO SEE THIS ONE DELIVER AGED 4. Would be interesting on the AW this winter.

The trainer has yet to win the Lincoln but has won the consolation race.
Wouldn't want soft ground.

Regards,

Back