• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

JOE BIDEN REPEAL THE GOODLATTE ACT !

The first action of the new administration of the United States by the team Joe Biden - Kamala Harris should be to repeal the "Goodlatte legislation" that prohibits betting exchanges.
The American people, dems and serious reps, don't want this 2007 bible-belt law to carry on.

Everybody knows that the reason why betting exchanges were prohibited was their low takeoff precentage !
There was no other reason, since in all other respects their function is precisely identical to that of the bookies and the state monopolies.
The insufficient legal advisers of the exchanges could n't explain this, but it is so.

Joe amigo, o povo esta contigo !

Last edited:
Legal sports betting just became a reality for me in Tennessee. Four bookies now have a licence to provide odds and take bets in the state with more to follow soon ... the state has decided though that bookies must keep a 10% "holdback" on wagers so that they can guarantee an income (profit) for the state (on top of the $750k per operator licence fee per year)

This of course results in uncompetitive odds, and makes it almost impossible for the providers to offer "bonuses" to gamblers. Its still better value for me to continue to gamble "offshore" and take the risk that I don't get paid on a bet than it is to do it all legally.

Back in the early nineties they used to say to me "when will be the day the state owned racing will become privatized, we ought to follow the example of glorious Margaret Thatcher". My reply was "watch out because then we will have to pay both for the fox and the fox trap".
Slowly the ides of March arrived and as for the allegedly superfluous number of employees of the race track they were all reemployed by the museum of Byzantine art.

The first action of the new administration of the United States by the team Joe Biden - Kamala Harris should be to repeal the "Goodlatte legislation" that prohibits betting exchanges.
The American people, dems and serious reps, don't want this 2007 bible-belt law to carry on.

Everybody knows that the reason why betting exchanges were prohibited was their low takeoff precentage !
There was no other reason, since in all other respects their function is precisely identical to that of the bookies and the state monopolies.
The insufficient legal advisers of the exchanges could n't explain this, but it is so.

Joe amigo, o povo esta contigo !
..... I think that Joe Biden and Co will have a lot more on their minds initially than Goodlatte, and although the issue in question is important, it may have to take a back seat on his list of priorities for a while. COVID 19 will obviously be the number one priority and will be foremost in his mind on organising a task force to deal with it’s obvious threats. Also he will no doubt be repealing many of Trump’s idiotic acts of withdrawal, including the Paris Climate agreement, where he blatantly disregarded Obama’s agreement and hastened a lot of concern by the Nations which had originally signed up in an attempt to improve the endangerment of our Planet. ;)

..... I think that Joe Biden and Co will have a lot more on their minds initially than Goodlatte, and although the issue in question is important, it may have to take a back seat on his list of priorities for a while. COVID 19 will obviously be the number one priority and will be foremost in his mind on organising a task force to deal with it’s obvious threats. Also he will no doubt be repealing many of Trump’s idiotic acts of withdrawal, including the Paris Climate agreement, where he blatantly disregarded Obama’s agreement and hastened a lot of concern by the Nations which had originally signed up in an attempt to improve the endangerment of our Planet. ;)

Indubitably.
Add Iran who are saying now "the new Satan has arrived".
But the idea of taxing people until the pips squeak has become archaic.
We start with Louis 16th who said to the national convention "citizens, the nobility of France have become thin, like Twiggy - we must tax the people a bit more". He appoints Silhouette as chancelor of the exchequer and the rest is history.
Then we have the reds who go "yum, yummy, yam let's nationalize the works".
For how long are those two going to win the day ?

Last edited:
I don't really have a joke to offer but it has been fun reading this thread. I will definitely use some of these when I get the chance. Thank you guys, been looking for something that will make me laugh all day lol
Will it better if it was still Trump? I think this will be better overall but it does hurt when talking about betting. Hopefully, they can change their minds so that everybody wins besides the old president lol

Look the long knives are out re. taxation.
First of all look at the left wing ideology. Those folks want to wipe out the middle class. Or to be more precise they want the middle class to be under state supervision.
For as long as we can remember there have been members of the middle class working for the state - and many of them were very notable peoples inddeed. So this part of the middle class remains but free enterprize no more.
Then look at modern conservative ideology. For them it's big business only, Citroen-Merceedes Benz-Krupp-Opel. The rest are nowheres.
So that's the shape of things.
If it was only the one then small problem. One of them wins the elections, get their five years then the other one corrects things.
But it's both, Scylla and Chayibde.
Furthermore the new technologies make control easy. If a modern day neoliberal-monetarist existed in the year 1915 what could he do ?
Probably nothing and he would indeed search for other things to do rather than wipe out the middle class. A "tax safari" in the year 1955 would probably yield a number of small time offenders. Some cheese pies in the centrum sold without receipt.
Likewise when comrade Stalin launched his infamous holodomor against the Ukrainian people, his stavka operators and kgb spies had to walk
for miles and miles in the steppes until they found a small village where the people stashed some bread. Nowadays he could do it with the press of a button.

I'm really not sure how to take all of this. It's getting very stressful to read all the news and seeing what could be done not being done at all. It really doesn't help that I'm not a smart man to begin with. I'd like to think that it's really about the arrangement of priorities but I fear what his vision is for the future.

Many people think of Trump as the devil reincanate. But what about Sarah Palin and Ann Coulter - the one who wanted all the Jews to convert !
You forget those.
When Mc Cane conceded to Barack Obama, in the video that goes viral these days to show what a butthurt Trump is, the Trumpies in his audience are booing. That was in 2008.
On the other side what is Biden ? Biden is Bill back from the old. Do you think he is Mac Carthy committee investigation material. I don't.

Back