• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

It's a numbers game

I play betdaq much more than betfair, but don't think they have this option.
They will cancel if bet is not matched, but not if BFSP is under a certain price.
Yes - but if not matched - its no bet - isnt that what was implied - only bet at min odds of !

Yes - but if not matched - its no bet - isnt that what was implied - only bet at min odds of !

No, only bet if SP is over a certain price.
So on first selection he could have had a bet all day up until right at the off when SP slipped to 9/2.
So for recording purpose, it was a no-bet.

Thanks, MartinK. The reason for SAW is that I'll be operating a staking plan with stake adjustments after the days results. The ideal approach would be race to race, but I'm not able to update the stake in running.

Sorry SilverBlaze SilverBlaze but like several here I am a bit confused.
You say that you can determine whether or not to place your bet depending on the starting price, so that suggests that you are constantly monitoring the market right up to the off on each race.
You then state that you cannot update the stakes from race to race, which suggests otherwise.

I only know of one other person who has claimed to be in possession of the software that can perform such a task, hence Chesham Chesham s questions, so could you confirm whether or not you are, or you are acquainted with Boyo, aka Andrew Davies.

Thanks

Apropos of nothing, just remembered the fibonacci scam - it was donkeys years ago and called 'go fibonacci' or similar. They made a lot of how it was a magical mathematical process which couldn't fail to make you fortunes. Problems were they couldn't pick a winner to save their lives (a bit like the aforementioned Boyo actually) and the progression was designed to forecast population growth in rabbits originally and nothing to do with our interest.

Last edited:
Sorry SilverBlaze SilverBlaze but like several here I am a bit confused.
You say that you can determine whether or not to place your bet depending on the starting price, so that suggests that you are constantly monitoring the market right up to the off on each race.
You then state that you cannot update the stakes from race to race, which suggests otherwise.

I only know of one other person who has claimed to be in possession of the software that can perform such a task, hence Chesham Chesham s questions, so could you confirm whether or not you are, or you are acquainted with Boyo, aka Andrew Davies.

Thanks

Apropos of nothing, just remembered the fibonacci scam - it was donkeys years ago and called 'go fibonacci' or similar. They made a lot of how it was a magical mathematical process which couldn't fail to make you fortunes. Problems were they couldn't pick a winner to save their lives (a bit like the aforementioned Boyo actually) and the progression was designed to forecast population growth in rabbits originally and nothing to do with our interest.

Thanks for your reply, Dave. Ideally, this would be operated on a race-to-race basis and staked accordingly. However, I don't have the opportunity of doing so, therefore, in order to test the idea, I've applied the SAW rule and the stake adjustment after each days racing. Needless to say, the selections can be used and staked in any way one chooses.

Thanks for your reply, Dave. Ideally, this would be operated on a race-to-race basis and staked accordingly. However, I don't have the opportunity of doing so, therefore, in order to test the idea, I've applied the SAW rule and the stake adjustment after each days racing. Needless to say, the selections can be used and staked in any way one chooses.

Thanks for the reply.
So you are basically working on the proviso that you will find at least one 5/1 winner a day out of a few selections, and your daily profit depends on how quickly you get that winner?

It may be worth you keeping a record to level stakes as well, as in my experience winners (and losers) tend to come like busses : nothing for ages then three at once!

This thread most probably received more attention yesterday than any other thread on the forum, why ?
My take being that members where interested in questions asked and the replies. Often a thread can appear to go a little off topic but certainly with any i start i tend to view this as a positive on balance.

Last edited:
1pt win only. No bet if SP less than 5/1.
Thanks for the reply.
So you are basically working on the proviso that you will find at least one 5/1 winner a day out of a few selections, and your daily profit depends on how quickly you get that winner?

It may be worth you keeping a record to level stakes as well, as in my experience winners (and losers) tend to come like busses : nothing for ages then three at once!

Thanks, Dave. Good idea.

1pt win only. No bet if SP less than 5/1.

Day 2 of 30

4.25 - Hexham - EVENT OF SIVOLA - 3rd @ 15/2

Staking plan: - 2 points
Level: - 2 points

1.25pts each win only. SAW. No bet if SP less than 5/1.

Day 3 of 30

4.50 - Southwell - GOLD BROCADE - Lost @ 13/2
6.20 - Southwell - AYR HARBOUR - Won @ 4/1

Staking plan: - 3.25 points
Level: - 3 points

Day 4 of 30

2.32 - Fakenham - STUBBORN LOGIC
3.10 - Taunton - GET BACK GET BACK
3.32 - Fakenham - DREAM MACHINE

Day 4 of 30

2.32 - Fakenham - STUBBORN LOGIC - Lost @ 11/2
3.10 - Taunton - GET BACK GET BACK - Lost @ 10/3
3.32 - Fakenham - DREAM MACHINE - Lost @ 5/1

Staking plan: - 5.75 points
Level: - 5 points

Back