• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

It's a numbers game

Hi SilverBlaze and welcome. I don't understand the point of SAW. Surely the horses AFTER the winner have just as much chance of winning than the horses BEFORE the winner.
Some systems are SAW because they are Fibonaci type staking ie 1pt/2pt/3pt/5pt etc

Hi SilverBlaze and welcome. I don't understand the point of SAW. Surely the horses AFTER the winner have just as much chance of winning than the horses BEFORE the winner.
Thanks, MartinK. The reason for SAW is that I'll be operating a staking plan with stake adjustments after the days results. The ideal approach would be race to race, but I'm not able to update the stake in running.

Thanks, MartinK. The reason for SAW is that I'll be operating a staking plan with stake adjustments after the days results. The ideal approach would be race to race, but I'm not able to update the stake in running.
Oh dear. Loss recovery. A bad run and the bank goes bang.

1pt each win only. SAW. No bet if SP less than 5/1.

1.10 - Doncaster - CEPHEUS - Lost @ 9/2
2.20 - Doncaster - CAME FROM THE DARK - Lost @ 4/1
4.42 - Chelmsford - CAPTAIN RYAN - 3rd @ 9/1
5.15 - Chelmsford - ROCKETEER - 3rd @ 11/4

Profit/Loss: - 1 point [1 day]

I mean. I understand the point of having the price restrictions, but it is impossible to know the SP until it is too late to make the bet unfortunately.
Years ago in betting shops you could write 5/1 up on the slip so if the SP was less the bet was void win or lose, but I do not know if any still allow this. ? You could also do it with the BFSP min price facility.

I mean. I understand the point of having the price restrictions, but it is impossible to know the SP until it is too late to make the bet unfortunately.
Hi Pete. If you're in the bookies [that's assuming you can find one still open], you would write the selections out in full with the instruction 'no bet if SP less than 5/1'. However, if you're betting online, you would need to monitor the current price near the off. I accept that on some occasions this will result in striking a bet that may return a loser at less than 5/1, but conversely, it will also at times result in a winner. Swings and roundabouts.

Years ago in betting shops you could write 5/1 up on the slip so if the SP was less the bet was void win or lose, but I do not know if any still allow this. ? You could also do it with the BFSP min price facility.
Absolutely, Mick.

Back