• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Is there a Zen-Foro chat feature and would anyone be interested in it?

MrDamon

Colt
Hey Admin and all.. Is there a Zen-Foro chat/shout-box feature and if yes would anyone be interested in the feature being on the site? I'm a loner and have no time for friends away from the monitor so you guys are the closest thing I have to that.. There's many times when I feel like sharing a one-liner or bit of drivel with you guys but don't think it's worth a thread or post.. Just stuff like today for example, I'm having a fun bet on Corporal Maddox in the Kemp 7:00 and got on a few quid at a nice price last night so feel like sharing and having a bit of banter about it..

No bother if the idea is shot down.. just thought i'd throw it out there..

Last edited:
hello mr d as you can see if you look at the forum i keep trying to stimulate debate but all to no avail it seems that there is no community on the forum as all falls on deaf years but the off topic would be the place & if you use it ill catch you there

I mustard mitt Taff that although you probably couldn't find a better racing forum in respect of knowledge,it does lack a bit of soul from time to time :drinks:

If enough fancy it I don't mind sponsoring it as a sort of Christmas gift to the forum :)

edit - as long as you don't insult me too much on it !!

I'm having a fun bet on Corporal Maddox in the Kemp 7:00 and got on a few quid at a nice price last night so feel like sharing and having a bit of banter about it..

Just to follow through.. Was watching the race there and got excited when Corporal Maddox shot through the pack in the closing stages only to watch him have a spaz attack and finish way back.. George Baker the jockey just reported that he hung right.. Maybe the new headgear was not for him!

As for the chatbox discussion.. I'd chip in no bother and sure as long as a few are willing to use it in the beginning then it would hopefully encourage others to throw an eye every now and again and add a line or 2 themselves..

if I remember...a couple or so years back,we had this facility on BUK,it was chaotic,but fun,it turned out like a 2Ronnies comedy sketch,with answers being given not to the current question/comment,but the one before that,cue obvious comment... :):drinks:

I think a Shout Box feature would be a great addition to this forum.

As some have said it does need livening up a bit, I know this a betting forum and not a nightclub.
But interaction with people you talk to usually (and to those you don't) whether to boost, congratulate, welcome or having a little laugh I think can only uplift quite a staid forum.

I am not knocking this forum as I think it has many pluses (which is why I am still here), but I feel personally it can be improved and a Shout Box could be a small step towards that.

Why not just start a thread "Forum Banter" (or use this one) because a little fun and humor can be a welcome positive. Over the years i have acquired what i consider to be good on line forum friends and the base line for this is always positive interactions even when we disagree. When we respond directly to another members post its seldom what you say but rather the way you present it.

This may read as OTT to some but on this forum we are allowed to post uncensored and to my mind this equals a gift of trust by the owners which should be appreciated and reciprocated, if only because they have to step in and clear up any messes when its abused.

That is a good idea of starting a thread.

But I don't think it would be as effective as a Shout Box, as many people may not see it or search for such a thread.
Whereas when you immediately log in you will instantly see the Shout Box and see fun or discussion going on and hopefully people will instantly want to be part of it.

I feel this sort of feature makes newbies especially feel more included.

Just my thoughts....

Fair dues and imo anything which generates more interest and activity is worth trying. Thinking back to when i joined this forum i was made welcome from the get go. But anyone will enhance this by positive participation. I get the newbie to betting type who may feel a little intimidated but we all start as learners and you increase your understanding by joining in the discussions. ?

There is a thread in the IS blog titled 'blog gossip' which is well used, so I have started a 'Forum Banter' thread here, let's see how it goes.

Last edited:
Back