• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Indifferent matches

I have a rule in my football betting.
Never bet on an indifferent match.
Thus I may have a bet on the return legs of the European champions semis next week, I 'd never have a bet on Manchester City v. Basel in the 2017-18 season and others similar.
But if I had backed Basel that might have been a good 10 to 1. I did n't.
Has anyone made any statistics on this particular group of matches ?
What about City (again) when they are declared champions of England in a couple of weeks but with two or three matches left ?
I know that sometimes teams perform great in matches to please the crowds but some other times it becomes a sleepy affair.
Recent sleepy affair was Arsenal v. Olympiakos the return leg (a 1-1 draw).

Last edited:

runnerjp

Colt
Just to make sure im getting this right .....

When teams have pretty much won their leg or league you suggest perhaps backing the opposition or laying them in their remaining match or matches....

So tomorrow perhaps laying City as their boost to win the match is perhaps gone and their thoughts are elsewhere?

Just to make sure im getting this right .....

When teams have pretty much won their leg or league you suggest perhaps backing the opposition or laying them in their remaining match or matches....

So tomorrow perhaps laying City as their boost to win the match is perhaps gone and their thoughts are elsewhere?

Not really, Man City have not yet mathematically won the premiership. In this one Crystal Palace are indifferent pointswise but City no.
But I really mean any kind of indifferent matches. In the premiership, the championship, European.
In the case of M. City v. Basel the indifference shown by City was due to the fact they were already 4-0 up. In other situations, other reasons.

Last edited:
I look at the record of some runaway champions:

Liverpool 2019-20
Man. City 2017-18
Juventus 2018-19
Juventus 2014-15
PSG 2019-20
PSG 2018-19
Bayern 2019-20
Bayern 2017-18
Celtic 2019-20
Celtic 2017-18

I 'm adding their W-D-L statistics for the seasons:

W = 270
D = 46
L = 32

In percentages: 77.6%, 13.2%, 9.2%

Now I look into the W-D-L statistics for the last three matches and add them:
It's W = 14, D = 4, L = 4 and PSG 2019-20, Celtic 2019-20 the last three matches were canceled.
In percentages: 63.5%, 18.2%, 18.2%, i.e. somewhat dropped.

The sample is not big of course.

Last edited: