• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

horses weight and o.r.

Chesham

Sire
It was interesting this afternoon reading the excuses for why Flatstats does not need the data that HRB has.

Last edited:

sootywooty

Gelding
Hi @Chesham mayb you can answer this one about HRB though, i have put my system in and some of them come out at 70% S/R or better, and in the past selections gives all prices winning with them some being 50/1. So far the best one is 14/1 as soon as bigger prices they lose about 20 now, like today gave two at Ascot the 7/2 shot won and the 16/1 no where.

Thanks for Any Help!

Chesham

Sire
Hi @Chesham mayb you can answer this one about HRB though, i have put my system in and some of them come out at 70% S/R or better, and in the past selections gives all prices winning with them some being 50/1. So far the best one is 14/1 as soon as bigger prices they lose about 20 now, like today gave two at Ascot the 7/2 shot won and the 16/1 no where.

Thanks for Any Help!
Could be the Filters and although I know that you would not knowingly back fit when building the system, it can happen. Also 16/1 Winners are always going to have a lower Strike rate than 7/2. How many past examples are also in the 70% Strike Rate System.

Perhaps if you post an example System then I can take a look for you.

Sometimes the High Strike Rate System might be the one to let you down in the future. One that I have been running Live on The Forumhttp://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk/XenForo/threads/first-run-after-leaving-an-old-trainer.13728/ seems to be
performing as should be expected. Since Posted Live

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 18.51.25.png

System only has a 32.97% Strike rate

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 18.52.16.png

ArkRoyal

Administrator

Thanks for Any Help!
@sootywooty I'm reading between the lines here and maybe wrong as your post is not very clear. You say you have put in your system, singular, and then say that some of them come out at 70% S/R or better, plural. Are you saying you have one 'method' say a jockey/trainer combination and then get various S/R's for the different combinations? Sorry if I am being thick, but like @Chesham says without seeing your system it is difficult to offer up an opinion.

numbers

Lurker
You're like one of those daft ex-girlfriends who claim they're not bothered by getting dumped but then go stalking the boyfriend on Facebook and show up down the local boozer when he's out with his new bird.

If you don't want to join Flatstats and think HRB is the best thing since the wheel was invented then off you go and enjoy it, good luck to you, but the constant bashing of Flatstats on here is pathetic.

And no I'm not associated with Flatstats, I suspect the owner has too much about him than to come on here and start mouthing off. I don't mind though, I'm always up for a good scrap :)

numbers

Lurker
@ArkRoyal: that's an interesting introduction message you sent

The forum rules are straightforward and simple.

• 1. No Promoting of Services/Tipsters
    2. See Rule 1 above
But running down the service and livelihood of someone else is okay is it?

sootywooty

Gelding
Thanks for the reply the two of you! yes is on a few different systems btw! @ArkRoyal. Yes @Chesham is over many trials like your own ones are, and they have a high chi rating also. As you say could be just a bad run on the outsiders, but they are at about 50% on the shorter prices and 30% overall, so will persevere to see how things go.

All the best, Paul.

Last edited:

Chesham

Sire
@ArkRoyal: that's an interesting introduction message you sent

The forum rules are straightforward and simple.

• 1. No Promoting of Services/Tipsters
    2. See Rule 1 above
Unlike Flatstats Forum this one is independent and Comparisons between System Builders can be discussed and comparison made see below

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 20.26.43.png

Numbers, if you want to compare System Builders then feel free post away.

numbers

Lurker
Actually to be fair I don't think the Flatstats forum has ever had some Stalinist policy with regards to mentioning other sites, far from it.

You seem happy that HRB is providing a greater amount of information for you and that's great. If you want to move on from Flatstats then fine. Personally I find the flatstats site much easier to navigate and it gives me all I need, I have no interest in NH racing but if I did then like you I might be tempted by HRB.

But I've been around the Flatstats forum since the early days and long enough to know that the bloke who runs it is a decent individual who's just trying to make an honest living and I think some of the posts on here are way over the top.

If you want to sing the praises of HRB then fine, get on with it, but I don't see why you have to do so at the expense of someone else.

I'll make this the last post, I don't want to get involved in mudslinging, I've said more than enough already.

Good luck.

dave58

Administrator
If you want to sing the praises of HRB then fine, get on with it, but I don't see why you have to do so at the expense of someone else.

@numbers If a member here finds tipsterA to be better than tipsterB he's quite at liberty to state his opinion on this forum.
We don't 'do' tipsters here, but the same goes for any service.
Example - I've been slagging off Sky Broadband here because of my experiences with them - why shouldn't I ?

dave58

Administrator
I actually have a bit of a soft spot for flatstats forum - I was a member when I first started getting interested in horseracing and I picked up a few ideas from the guys on there.
It's just that this forum is all for free speech, and I can't see that anyone has stepped out of line here at all.

Chesham

Sire
Hi @numbers

Have you never heard of Price Comparison Sites it makes services competitive, if you are happy to pay more for Flatstats and just have UK Flat & AW data to look at then fine its your choice.

On The IS part of the Forum I post a 2 Y-O System Qualifiers It contains Trainers and Dams Data (Flatstats does not have Dams Data)

Today one Qualifier. The Trainer is one of many in the System and below are the Stats for just one of those Trainers Aiden O'Brien

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.19.10.png
When looking at how Mr O'Brien Does with Qualifiers at Limerick

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.24.49.png

Rather than come on here having a go, would you not be better served trying to get Flatstats to move up a gear with its System Builder. I noticed that one member asked if Irish Racing would be something that Flatstats might cover and what answer was he given?

These were the Races that had Trends already set up ready to and linked to to the System Builder, Just click a race and you get the Front Sheet of past winners, including BHA Rating if they had one and note that the Trends go back to 1997, not just the last 10 years. Click Query and the Trend Races are automatically available to to be researched in the System Builder

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.33.27.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.29.08.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.29.26.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.29.45.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 21.30.03.png

Competition improves services, the chap who runs my local supermarket is a very nice chap, but it does not mean that I have to always shop there.

numbers

Lurker
There's nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.

You're slagging off Sky Broadband because presumably you've received a poor service and that's fair comment.

What wouldn't be fair is when you slag off the service because you've got a personal dispute with Rupert Murdoch.

Anyway that's one reply more than I'd intended.

Goodnight gents.

dave58

Administrator
If you're in the service industry, you've got to provide a better or cheaper (or preferably both !) service than your competitors. You have also got to accept that customers looking for that particular service will actually compare alternatives. I believe it's known as a free market ?

dave58

Administrator
First post you make on the forum contains this

And no I'm not associated with Flatstats,
..and yet you seem to have an intimate knowledge of a personal issue ?

You're slagging off Sky Broadband because presumably you've received a poor service and that's fair comment.
What wouldn't be fair is when you slag off the service because you've got a personal dispute with Rupert Murdoch.
Interesting...

Anyway that's one reply more than I'd intended.
Probably one more reply than you should have made ?

numbers

Lurker
You sound a bit nuts Dave, not sure what all the quote cut and pasting is about.

2 pages back Chesham said he was banned from the Flatstats site.

You don't get banned from somewhere unless you've had a falling out. Like you don't get banned from a pub if you're sat at the bar minding your own business.

You don't have to be a genius to work out that there's obviously been a disagreement somewhere along the line. Like you don't have to be a genius to work out that there's an agenda behind these 'free market service comparisons' you're allowing on your site.

Get a clue.