• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Horseracebase

Chesham

Sire
I don't use any software but I'm reasonably sure most ratings don't cover international meetings, I don't think flatstats even cover Ireland
Hi Larry

I was with Flatstats from around 2003 to 2014 and switched to HRB, Its a no Brainer, FS only has U.K. Flat and U.K. AW , No NH Racing , No BHA Ratings. Not looked back since switching HRB and I find it easier to use than FS. Lots of easy short cuts Form Follow and Hot Form Races , Loads of Past Trend Races to load and you can also see how the past form has worked out NTO with those races. You can also use the Ratings Tool to make your own ratings.

David Punshon

Yearling
I don't use any software but I'm reasonably sure most ratings don't cover international meetings, I don't think flatstats even cover Ireland
I more so meant form analysis. When you check RP etc it atleast tells you when they run in Group 1 etc abroad so can bias a few stats but agree no other ratings sites do either I don't think

David Punshon

Yearling
Hi Larry

I was with Flatstats from around 2003 to 2014 and switched to HRB, Its a no Brainer, FS only has U.K. Flat and U.K. AW , No NH Racing , No BHA Ratings. Not looked back since switching HRB and I find it easier to use than FS. Lots of easy short cuts Form Follow and Hot Form Races , Loads of Past Trend Races to load and you can also see how the past form has worked out NTO with those races. You can also use the Ratings Tool to make your own ratings.
HRB is an unbeatable tool for the price imo. Being able to compile your own ratings on your own parameters is brilliant as we all have differences in what we feel is important eg weight, trainer or whatever

tacker

Gelding
If all hrb subscribers on here were to put their individual approaches from the various options into what hrb offers on the same race, might it not produce similar results ?

Chesham

Sire
If all hrb subscribers on here were to put their individual approaches from the various options into what hrb offers on the same race, might it not produce similar results ?
Quite a few time arkle55 arkle55 and myself have arrived at the same horse in the same race, but have used different HRB filters to arrive at that conclusion.

result usually equals a very high strike rate with these types. arkle55 arkle55 has an exceptional strike rate on the Blog thread that he posts his selections on, very rare for one to lose

tacker

Gelding
Nice idea T tacker, and indeed it does occur sometimes here, with quite good results.
I'm guessing that some filters would obviously result in the same positives, "trainer form" for example but even there could individuals add more importance or value to the number, hence would this not lead one to think others are using the information more productively ?

dave58

Administrator
It's a moot point, but if we knew how to weight all the parameters on a race by race basis then we would all be winning.
I think most of us here realise who amongst us actually do make regular long term profits, and as Chesham Chesham has noticed, on the occasions when he and A Arkle come up with the same selection that does seem to be the case where the sum of the parts may exceed the individual.
To counteract that, and maybe add some perspective, I can't remember any occasion where for example myself and mick mick have ever come up with the same selection, yet we both turn a profit.