• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Hong Kong Speed Figures

Outlander

Gelding
Happy Valley Wednesday

11.45 Poor quality race. Viva Mama has the most solid looking recent figures, For Fun's Sake has dropped to HK20, has numerous runs since back end of 2020 that say has a chance off that mark, inconsistent and poor starter but could pop up at big price.

12.15 Another woeful race. Shanghai Power is top rated with Teetan so is the token pick. Joy Avenue has more consistent recent figures.

12.45 Will go with Ka Ying Excellence with Purton on, Right Choice is another strong candidate on the ratings.

1.15 Sea Elite stands out a little on speed on 2 back run, behind him its a tight little race, lightly raced Moonluck with Purton will be popular.
I backed Telecom Rocket last week and he just failed by a short head, Teetan replaces Poon so might tempt me in again.

1.45 Manna From Heaven is in great form and running fast times, draw a concern.

2.15 Jolly Good Heart and Telecom Smart stand out here, the latter has a much better draw for Teetan.

2.45 Harmony N Blessed would be a bet for me, but again a poor draw is a big negative. Of the others Cantstopthefeeling has recent form to run well from good draw but not as yet backed up by speed.

3.15 Again the top rated Lobo's Legend has a poor double figure draw and 196 days since produced anything to match, so Shining Gem will be the token pick

3.50 I like Loving A Boom and Exuberant here only problem difficult to choose between them.

Tough muddling day poor draws and indecision in the last race might mean I don't bet on anything.

I wont be betting on the Hong Kong tote they dramatically shorten up any half predictable winners, I know Bet365 and SkyBet have fixed odds , I like to know what I'm getting.

Also the UK Tote do a placepot , I think last 6 races not had a go yet but might be something I do when its a tricky day and I don't fancy many single bets.

The Hare

Colt
Happy Valley Wednesday

11.45 E HONEY looks interesting with Purton and headgear added. Viva Mama the most dangerous.

12.15 Shanghai Power is running poorly and DESTINE JEWELLRY drops on class and looks most reliable in this poor race.

12.45 Right Choice is consistent but C P BRAVE ran well on debut and the one to beat.

1.15 Lots of lightly raced horses here. Telecom Rocket interesting with Melbourne Hall running much better last time the pick.

1.45 Piano Solo may be better than these with Pearl Champion second run for new trainer the other interesting one.

2.15 Telecom Smart seems best here, improving and some great figures last 2.

2.45 LARSSON looks most likely here with Heart Conquered the danger.

3.15 Green Luck and Conqueror top the ratings over the distance, Shining Gem is top rated but trip looks very bad.

3.50 MAJESTIC STAR seems to be improving and rates well and Exuberant main danger as improving as well.

The Hare

Colt
Excellent effort from @ O Outlander with winners, forecasts and seconds in abundance! Put's my terrible efforts to shame. Used my form ratings for these selections as spent a few days messing around with my ratings and standard times. My old speed ratings were 2-1-1 in Top 3 but the Form ratings had nothing at all in the Top 3 hence the dreadful performance above.

Outlander

Gelding
Sha Tin Sunday thoughts

5.45 Nothing between Amazing Agilty and The Joy Of Giving who renew rivalry after being placed in a fast contest last time, the latter might find it a bit harder to pass the former this time with a wider passage through the race anticipated.

6.15 Plikclone a sporting selection in the hope able to hold prominent position from inside and returns to form after disappointing LTO. Pure Legend also rates highly, Moreira taking over may show intent and could have a bit more to give.

6.45 Not my type of race, the speed figures some way below the form, Healthy Happy may prove best advantaged by todays 1600m

7.15 Winwin Thirtythree tops the ratings and as a good a chance as any, Moreira rode when producing the list leading rating but remains loyal to Green Envy this time. Seasons Bliss started off career with promise and rates highly on 1200m form, cant be discounted.

8.05 Jade Pheonix can follow up LTO win with Teetan, Smart Wongchoy and Zacian both have place potential.

8.40 California Ten has looked like a winner in waiting and this could be the day, Vincy beat subsequent winner LTO in a decent time and could rate the danger.

9.10 Pegasus Glory might get trapped 3 wide in the run so not a straight forward proposition, but in good form and running fast. Speedy Mouse will likely be popular and is probably the likeliest winner, in good form recently and Purton on.

9.40 Star Performance ( looks very solid ) and True Legend stand out here.

10.15 First Responder, Eligere and Mighty Valour all ran over CD on the same day in different races and are to the head of the ratings here, the times that day suggest the first named might be the one today.

10.50 Exciting race, Lucky Patch and top rated Trillion Win are both in cracking form, will be interesting to see who can grab the early advantage. Sight Success has an interesting profile, went lame on 4th start after 3 nice wins, been trialling since and won one and close 2nd to Lucky Patch in the other.
Both horses were not hard pushed in the trial and it was a fascinating watch, gut feeling is he might have it to do against the forementioned pair from his wide draw, but interesting horse worth mentioning.

The Hare

Colt
Sha Tin Sunday, see if I can do any better!

5.45 Amazing Agilty is in excellent consistent form but usually finds one too good. Similarly The Joy Of Giving. Success Allstar improved last time and may continue whilst Even Keel would also be interesting.

6.15 Pure Legend looks most interesting with Moreira taking over. Looks a close event otherwise, Chau on Speedy Fay Fay perhaps to reach the places.

6.45 A Handicap Group 3 and bottom weight NOT USUAL TALENT stands out on ratings as it steps up in class but such a light weight. Healthy Happy returns to better trip.

7.15 Best For You and Golden Four lead my figures and have slipped to winning marks, prefer Chadwick on the former. Seasons Bliss is improving and could be a danger.

8.05 Smart Wongchoy leads the way on figures but so many 1 races and newcomers this a race to avoid. Blissful Star and Tronic Mighty don't need much improvement to take it..

8.40 ABOVE is running well and a distance winner, California Ten consistent and lightly raced is dangerous as is Blastoise though perhaps just a place.

9.10 Pegasus Glory has the figures but looks just held at the minute. Speedy Mouse is most interesting as lightly raced. Agreement with @ O Outlander!

9.40 Star Performance and Lucky Fun are in consistent shape but look vulnerable to an improver. Meridian Genius may be that.

10.15 Teetan on DUBLIN STAR could get the run it needs. Mighty Valour the danger.

10.50 Trillion Win and All in Mind in great form with likely improvement from Sight Success. Prefer All In Mind but plenty of chances.

Usual competitive day at Sha Tin.

Quote Reply

The Hare

Colt
Another disaster for the ratings! Speed 0-0-2 and Form 1-0-0 on Sunday.

Excellent effort by @ O Outlander, 2 wins and 4 2nds., similar mine. Starting to learn the game in HK but it's tough going!

Wednesday card attached.

Attachments

• HV0206.xlsx
    74 KB · Views: 0

The Hare

Colt
Tips for Wednesday.

See if we can do better

11.45 Winner's Heart could return to form with Purton back, though Flying Monkey is running well and may be dangerous.
12.15 Goodmanship is running well and lightly raced but there are plenty of newcomers to put off.
12,45 Take What You Need is running well but usually finds one too good. Oriental Amigo could be that.
1.15 Ernest Feelings is running well, up in trip, but SON OF MAKFI back to a better trip is interesting.
1.45 Noir Rider made a step forward last and has Harrier Jet to beat.
2.15 Winning Volatility gets Moreira and that could be all that is needed.Swot Troopers Wind is running well.
2.45 Improving Ever Force may have most to worry from Ping Hai Galaxy.
3.15 Family Folks made a big improvement last but Mr Colourful and H Z Tourbillion are more interesting as lightly raced opposition.
3.45 Hall Of Champ continues to progress with new trainer though BEAUTY FIT could be a better option.

Outlander

Gelding
Happy Valley Wednesday thoughts

11.45 Flying Monkey and Winners Heart top the ratings on their 1-2 over CD in March, the latter didn't seem to have any excuses but is better off in the weights today.
The one i'm interested in is Telecom Missile has a few lines of form that give him a chance anyway off HK29 but since has a new trainer and jockey Moreira who has been trailling him and it could be argued he looks a HK50 horse in those trials.

12.15 Nothing too exciting here, wouldn't surprise if at least one of the newcomers were up to the starting HK52 mark.

12.45 Beauty Cheers for me with Moreira again here.

1.15 Thunder Stomp and Ernest Feeling top the ratings and would be my two against the field.

1.45 Fortune Hero would be a bet here with Teetan but worried about him getting hooked up 3 wide on a strong pace and being picked off late, so probably just watch.

2.15 Bright Vision tops the ratings and could get sole control of the lead, a scenario that was very favourable last Wednesday at Happy Valley

2.45 Ever Force should get a good position and do the job for Teetan, in good form and rating to back it up.

3.15 Family Folks is top rated danger is he will have a wide trip, Rhapsody is in form and could stike again, HZ Tourbillon would be my pick to come through to challenge for the win in closing stages.

3.50 Hall Of Champ put up a big number last time and chances for repeat, is up in trip a little.Beauty Fit is running well , will be challenging late from an anticipated awkward wide run from the back however.

Last edited:

Outlander

Gelding
Tips for Wednesday.

See if we can do better

11.45 Winner's Heart could return to form with Purton back, though Flying Monkey is running well and may be dangerous.
12.15 Goodmanship is running well and lightly raced but there are plenty of newcomers to put off.
12,45 Take What You Need is running well but usually finds one too good. Oriental Amigo could be that.
1.15 Ernest Feelings is running well, up in trip, but SON OF MAKFI back to a better trip is interesting.
1.45 Noir Rider made a step forward last and has Harrier Jet to beat.
2.15 Winning Volatility gets Moreira and that could be all that is needed.Swot Troopers Wind is running well.
2.45 Improving Ever Force may have most to worry from Ping Hai Galaxy.
3.15 Family Folks made a big improvement last but Mr Colourful and H Z Tourbillion are more interesting as lightly raced opposition.
3.45 Hall Of Champ continues to progress with new trainer though BEAUTY FIT could be a better option.
Well done The Hare The Hare , some nice winners there Kevin, my ratings/picks/bets were useless.
Just when you think you have ratings that are a half decent guide the Hong Kong results slap you in the face.
Try again at the weekend

The Hare

Colt
@ O Outlander yes it is all very complicated. I found that most of the winners were close to top just looking at the last 3 runs so that was the improved selecting this time. Was spending too much time looking at distant runs that are long gone, your reduction in older ratings is certainly something I have to implement.

Card for Sunday attached.

Attachments

• ST0606.xlsx
    77.9 KB · Views: 1

The Hare

Colt
Sunday Card
5.45 Fox Cheunger and Universal Crown head the recent efforts but I like For Fun's Sake as it is improving back to best, Universal Crown would be preference of the other 2.
6.15 The ratings of Corrienthes and Sparkling Doll are overrated last time due to the wind speed on the day, I need to amend these for 1000m but Corrienthes still looks good here, though plenty of lightly raced lower down to put off.
6.45 Again the 1000m speed figures are out of Sync but on form ratings Joyful Fortune sneaks it over Brilliant Fortune.
7.15 Shinealot looks interesting here as returned to form. Dragon Commander may make places.
8.05 Zone D and Unicorn Baby look consistent in a competitive race. But Packing Away may have the improvement to take it.
8.40 Super Fast could return to best and best these with Lady First main danger.
9.10 Victory Scholar and Durham Star are improving quickly as lightly raced.
9.40 Winning Method is a reliable top weight but a small improvement on debut by Drops of God could be enough.
10.15 Cheerful Days has the speed figures, but I would take heron with Kasi Farasi and Moeraki.
10.50 Very competitive Finale. Looking Great has the speed figures but looks beatable. The Rock and Amazing Chocolate would be preferences in a tough event.

Time to work on those 1000m speed figures now!

Outlander

Gelding
Sha Tin Sunday thoughts

5.45 Universal Crown tops a tight race, For Fun's Sake back to form latest a danger, down in trip Focus could surprise.

6.15 Sparkling Dolphin wind assisted last time but even ignoring that a strong contender with Seven Heavens.

6.45 Brilliant Fortune stands out here for Moreira.

7.15 Dragon Commander has the figures on last 2 starts to be leading contender, Regency Gem in good form back up in trip after last ditch win over 1200m rates the main danger.

8.05 Unicorn Baby in good form ahead of Zone D last twice, Galaxy Emperor who is also in great form and beat a subsequent winner 2 back would be very dangerous with Teetan.

8.40 Fairy Floss has been in rampant form on this all weather track recently, should go close again. Double Take amongst a whole host of horses than renew rivalry from a CD contest on the 17th April that rates well.

9.10 Breeze Of Spring, Victory Scholars and So Awesome stand out on the speed figures, 3 top jockeys so i doubt any of them will go off at standout value.

9.40 I want to say the Drops Of God is a certainty but we all know that would be kiss of death and can't imagine bookies will be giving anything away anyway, Diamond Brilliant could be big enough odds to play for a place.

10.15 The Hulk has been finishing his races off like The Hulk the last twice for Teetan and has to be respected , now claiming jockey Chan replaces. Teetan is now on top rated Cheerful Days , Lewis a probable outsider could run well also in a minefield of a race on the figures.

10.50 Looking Great and Flagship Glory look the main contenders on ratings.

Outlander

Gelding
Sunday Card
5.45 Fox Cheunger and Universal Crown head the recent efforts but I like For Fun's Sake as it is improving back to best, Universal Crown would be preference of the other 2.
6.15 The ratings of Corrienthes and Sparkling Doll are overrated last time due to the wind speed on the day, I need to amend these for 1000m but Corrienthes still looks good here, though plenty of lightly raced lower down to put off.
6.45 Again the 1000m speed figures are out of Sync but on form ratings Joyful Fortune sneaks it over Brilliant Fortune.
7.15 Shinealot looks interesting here as returned to form. Dragon Commander may make places.
8.05 Zone D and Unicorn Baby look consistent in a competitive race. But Packing Away may have the improvement to take it.
8.40 Super Fast could return to best and best these with Lady First main danger.
9.10 Victory Scholar and Durham Star are improving quickly as lightly raced.
9.40 Winning Method is a reliable top weight but a small improvement on debut by Drops of God could be enough.
10.15 Cheerful Days has the speed figures, but I would take heron with Kasi Farasi and Moeraki.
10.50 Very competitive Finale. Looking Great has the speed figures but looks beatable. The Rock and Amazing Chocolate would be preferences in a tough event.

Time to work on those 1000m speed figures now!
Superb winners again The Hare The Hare , well done

The Hare

Colt
Card for Wednesday. Another poor effort from he ratings 1-1-1 for both sets though plenty of places. The 1000m ratings remain too high nad some examples on Wednesday card.

Attachments

• HV0906.xlsx
    74.1 KB · Views: 0

The Hare

Colt
@ O Outlander Great call from yourself as well, we seem to get lots of places. $23million HK Dollars for the Triple Trio on Sunday, that would be useful! (Just over £2million). Probably a Pro that was chasing the Roll Over.

Superb winners again @
The Hare
The Hare , well done

Outlander

Gelding
Happy Valley Wednesday , have to be very brief this week, just picks from my ratings , no thought gone into it.

11.45 Speed Force - The Joy Of Giving
12.15 Melbourne Hall - Winning Delago
12.45 Telecom Smart
1.15 Bella Baby - Coolceleb
1.45 Pegasus Glory - Harmony Fire
2.15 Red Majesty - Nitro Express
2.45 Everyone's Delight - Ka Ying Excellent
3.15 We The South - Harmony And Rich
3.50 Loving A Boom - Harmony N Blessed - Igniting

The Hare

Colt
11.45 Sky Gem goes at the trip and running least badly of these lately. The Joy Of Giving alternative
12.15 Debut 2nd Winning Delago is preferred over well rated Master Albert
12.45 Telecom Smart has the best recent efforts with Hardly Swears interesting at a bigger price.
1.15 Agree with @ O Outlander Bella Baby - Coolceleb, Management Supreme the other with chance.
1.45 Same again, prefer Harmony Fire over Pegasus Glory
2.15 Nitro Express improved to best last and maybe All You Know is back in with a chance.
2.45 Noble Steed may get the better of Everyone's Delight
3.15 Lucky More improved a lot on 2nd start and has the consistent Valiant Dream to beat.
3.50 Similar to @ O Outlander Loving A Boom and prefer Harmony N Blessed

Outlander

Gelding
11.45 Sky Gem goes at the trip and running least badly of these lately. The Joy Of Giving alternative
12.15 Debut 2nd Winning Delago is preferred over well rated Master Albert
12.45 Telecom Smart has the best recent efforts with Hardly Swears interesting at a bigger price.
1.15 Agree with @ O Outlander Bella Baby - Coolceleb, Management Supreme the other with chance.
1.45 Same again, prefer Harmony Fire over Pegasus Glory
2.15 Nitro Express improved to best last and maybe All You Know is back in with a chance.
2.45 Noble Steed may get the better of Everyone's Delight
3.15 Lucky More improved a lot on 2nd start and has the consistent Valiant Dream to beat.
3.50 Similar to @ O Outlander Loving A Boom and prefer Harmony N Blessed
Nice results again The Hare The Hare , nice to see Teetan with a few winners. Bookies account looking a bit better tonight for a change.

The Hare

Colt
11.45 Speed Force - The Joy Of Giving
12.15 Melbourne Hall - Winning Delago
12.45 Telecom Smart
1.15 Bella Baby - Coolceleb
1.45 Pegasus Glory - Harmony Fire
2.15 Red Majesty - Nitro Express
2.45 Everyone's Delight - Ka Ying Excellent
3.15 We The South - Harmony And Rich
3.50 Loving A Boom - Harmony N Blessed - Igniting
I make it 5 for yourself @ O Outlander, not bad at all! Hopefully you backed a few of them. My form ratings not doing too well, automatic is better for the speed figures it seems!

Card tomorrow for the weekend.