• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

VDW hedgehog/stubble - trying to get lucky

THATS great your all putting up some good tips and your winners - sounds like all good £££s - sure is a real buzz betting and watching some great action - as am new to all this

Hi hedgehog hedgehog, I've rated the 2 mile handicap at Ascot, ratings below.

Ascot 4:10 (1) Guard Of Honour, (2) Mancini, (3) Never Surrender.

Good Luck Today and Regards
Nellsman.

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
some good racing today, I've rated the Challenge Cup at Ascot, ratings below.

Ascot 3:35 (1) Cardsharp, (2) Raising Sand, (3) Flaming Spear. The ratings are very tight for this race, as they should be. If I was pushed to have a bet it would be Flaming Spear win and place.
I will be betting later depending on the ground being okay (rain is forecast).
Ascot 2:25 First Eleven.

Good luck today and Regards
Nellsman

Hello Nellsman Nellsman

Good luck if you bet today.

I've looked at 4 races but only have selections in 3 all at Newmarket.

2.05 fille de reve
4.25 move swiftly
5.00 hamley

I've found these comparing my take on vdw and my current ratings

Good luck today

Hello Nellsman Nellsman

I bet in that race encore d'or and blue de vega. It should have been my only bet of the day but wasn't. Trying to be too clever again. Hopefully I've learnt my lesson though I doubt it.

You got a nice double figure placer there, well done

Good luck today

Hi hedgehog hedgehog, I've worked the Handicaps at York today, Ratings below.

York 2:05 (1) Finniston Farm, (2) Alternative Fact, (3) Mountain Angel.
York 3:15 (1) Lake Volta, (2) Terentum Star, (3) Al Qahwa.
York 5:00 (1) Dominating, (2) Northwest Frontier, (3) Baydar.
York 5:35 (1) Mukhayam, (2) Bravery, (3) Frontispiece.

I've compiled the ratings but I won't be getting involved today. It's too tough for me.

Nellsman.

Hello Nellsman Nellsman

You had a couple of good placers there but best of all is the excellent swerve, I wish I'd done the same today as it's turned into a total loss of my liability today. Tough time of year.

Good luck tomorrow

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
I've rated today's Balmoral handicap, ratings below.

Ascot 4:30 (1) Mitchum Swagger, (2) Sharja Bridge, (3) Circus Couture.

This looks a very competitive race, I have my top 6 horses separated by 3 points.

Nellsman.

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
last big handicap of the season and it looks a very good one, ratings below.

Doncaster 3:15 (1) Eddystone Rock, (2) Restorer, (3) Baydar.

In one way or another the ratings for the above three are not as robust as one would like. In each of the above the ratings are older than ideal, but they are what they are, the form is in the book. In this race there are nine young progressive horses that have recorded their best ever RPR LTO. Only one of these makes it on to near the top (jt 4th) Wolf Country.
I've been really busy recently dealing with family matters and I'm not really in the zone required for in depth study, so consequently I won't be getting involved. I see your doing well on your other thread, very well done, good work.

Nellsman.

Good luck Nellsman Nellsman with your selections, you can still get the kudos even if you don't bet and I think it likely you will. I bauked at the race due to the number of runners. Good luck again

Good luck today

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
First of all, apologies for the long absence. I'm not a great fan of National Hunt but I have had a look today at the 3:15 Kempton.
I have question marks against most of these runners. My two against the field would be Josses Hill and Barney Dwan.
Nellsman.

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't work out for you Nellsman Nellsman. Have you thought of looking solely at the AW in the winter, you have formful races and have a simpler problem with the going.

Good luck tomorrow

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
to be honest I find it hard to get enthused about racing during the winter. Probably just a personal preference that's become ingrained over the years. But I know I need to get my arse in gear. I've actually been doing some work on VDW. There's loads of stuff on this forum
and I have a lot of material from older forums, so the winter so far has not been a complete loss. Some of the old stuff that I found, I had completely forgotten about. Just goes to show what the passage of time can do. Anyway that's enough muttering about my seasonal laziness, the truth is the basic principles remain the same for all codes. I just need to get my finger out and get on with it.

Regards
Nellsman.

Hello Nellsman Nellsman ,

If you're uncomfortable with winter racing then I'd say just wait for the spring and research vdw instead. There's nothing stopping you from dipping your toe into nh racing as and when you feel like it especially if you want to test out ideas you have gained from your work on vdw. Vdw himself said there are fewer races in the winter of interest. I see no need for you to try looking for bets that will usually not be there. Good luck if you do decide to have a go but I wouldn't think having to go against your natural inclination would help your cause.

Good luck today

Back