• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Handicap Debutantes

We have snapped this one T tacker .

I backed it last night @12/1 which I thought was way over and put it in a small e/w double with Jewel Maker.

To see it went to 16/1 is annoying.

My notes showed Ffion a 76 horse and Precisely a 72 OR turf horse.

We have snapped this one T tacker .

I backed it last night @12/1 which I thought was way over and put it in a small e/w double with Jewel Maker.

To see it went to 16/1 is annoying.

My notes showed Ffion a 76 horse and Precisely a 72 OR turf horse.
There's me thinking it was HT spoiling the price.
The fav will want some beating but even now i would prefer trixie @ 7/1
Where's Jewel Maker running ?

2.05 ex

BRINKLEY looked very solid to me and won his maiden easy enough by 15L beating DO YOUR JOB now rated 133, this can be misleading i know but BRINKLEYS mark of 130 looks lenient to me. First run of the season and a wind op do put a small enough doubt in my mind and now there's a nr so odds on with some bookies but strangely bet365 go 11/8.

2.40 ayr PORTSTORM

This horse ran over c/d hvy 12 months ago and left his previous form behind, he force a G Elliot horse ESCARIA TEN 136 to work harder than you might have expected, 3rd was 19L back but won next time and now rated 130 so all in all not a bad effort from Portstorm and most likely ran to a mark around 127. His next run was carlisle 24f sft and he finished last of 4 and in truth you will need to forgive him that run to have any chance and the best i can come up is maybe going R/handed but flimsy at best.
A break of 248 days and jockey deploying the same hold up tactics he stayed on over 21f ayr and managed to come from the back and appeared just outstay the others in what was a fairly ordinary novice hdl but the 3rd had won 2 races so a reasonable first start of the season.
PORTSTORM starts off a mark of 121 and i think you could argue that to be somewhere between 5 and 9 lb well in but of course nothing too sure to be honest, there might be a bit of boredom on my part here but 7/1 now so worth watching the market overnight.

PORTSTORM well backed before meeting abandoned, might be worth watching.

1.20 plum....STATE CROWN is 3 yrs and 3 days old so i for will be interested to see what he can do today off 116, his debut run behind TALKING ABOUT YOU (now 132 ) was a worthy first effort and was backed up with a 2nd to ADAGIO who has since gone on to run a good 3rd in a c2 triumph hdl trial at cheltenham so reason to think STATE CROWN could be a couple of pounds well in including allowance.

Chesham Chesham ,

I'm afraid I don't understand;

"State Crown is older than 3yrs and 3 days. Was born 22nd march 2021"

Have we missed St Pat's day this year, and who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup?:D
Must be a joke, or am I totally mixed up with my dates ( today being 3rd January 2021)?

Chesham Chesham ,

Must be a joke, or am I totally mixed up with my dates ( today being 3rd January 2021)?
The main point being S Sandhog is that this youngster is only just 4 year old and i thought that might be a point of interest.
What i understood to be the case was that racehorses had their birthdays on jan 1st but maybe not.

Chesham Chesham ,

T tacker stated that State Crown was 3myrs and 3 days old, because,in December 31st was officially classed as 3 Years old . It is now January 3rd and T tacker thinks the horse is 3myears and 3 days old. Officially it is now a 4 year old but is not actually 4 until until March 22nd of this year.
Older than 3 years and 3 days but not but younger than its official 4 Year Old Status

505BD60B-A244-4733-8F06-E0862B4BF1EF.jpeg
B922B374-3818-496A-B1F4-BDBBEE4A4AF6.jpeg

The main point being S Sandhog is that this youngster is only just 4 year old and i thought that might be a point of interest.
What i understood to be the case was that racehorses had their birthdays on jan 1st but maybe not.

Horses do officially have their Birthdays on Jen 1st, but schoolboy errors assume that is correct. You can have a 2 y-o who runs in April in a 2 y-o race but was not born until May and so is not even 2

OK, all,
so long as you're all happy, I am. :D

It matters to me about as much as a third of a second over a mile and a half does, so no worries here.
Mind you I was born on St Patrick's day, 2023.
Must be lucky, 'cos most threads I go on come screeching to a halt. A jinx. :confused::occasion-birthdaymulticolor::idk:😊

Onward and upward.
I hope to have a good bet this week.
All the best, all!

Best of luck T tacker

My only comment is the possible going issue, with regards to being flat bred. He stands out a mile as a flat horse, but the stallion really does not get much attention over the jumps, but they may well have a bargain. Taking my thoughts a step further on the off chance I'm right, a Spring/ Summer jumps campaign, would really suit.

Ferguson tried with the stallion with little return and worth considering the top NH trainers have never bothered. If the mare was a French bred, it could be worth reconsidering.

Something has got to win the race and I'd guess the track will suit, but the main factor is how deep the ground is.

If I was to play in the race, I'd probably be looking at an in running lay on State of Play around 1/3, as he looks sure to travel the best early.

If I was a backer, I would still be playing the same lay bet as insurance.

Back