• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Greetings

Sigster

Gelding
Afternoon all.

Good to see the old place still exists although I haven’t spent any time looking around yet to see what form it takes. Plenty of time for that. I’ve been away for that long I feel an introduction is due as no doubt there will be plenty of newbies, plenty who didn’t notice I’d gone and no doubt plenty who didn’t care... :eek:;)

I guess it’s probably 18 months since I was around these parts , and to cut a long story short I just fell out of love with horse racing and punting in general. Life, family and work issues had to take precedence for myself and I stopped even following horse racing. Of course there have been issues for us all over the last year and I’m certainly not making myself out to be a special case. Indeed I’ve been amongst the lucky ones in retail management where I’ve been able to continue going to work. Gradually I’ve found myself over time taking an interest in the horse racing world, the racing news and indeed the day to day cut and thrust of horse racing in general to the point where I returned to HRB a few months ago. Of course this was a big part of my racing world in the past and although my knowledge is limited compared to some I’ve always enjoyed the horse racing balance this place brings so sticking my hooter back in the door just seems like a natural progression. Hopefully all the old regulars are still about and I look forward to the verbal bantering that was always about along with anyone who joined since my “disappearance”.
Sig

Not had the pleasure myself on a one to one basis, but I often find myself reading many 'old' forum posts here, and putting a 'like' to them.
I'm sure I read lots of yours. I'm thinking your avatar makes me feel very tired.....lol.
There has been a few 'returners' recently......probably many of your old friends.
Yes, it can be easy to 'fall out of love' with betting and racing. I've taken a number of extensive breaks myself in the past.
It's good when people return. This forum seems very quiet at the moment.

Last edited:
..... I'm not a horsey fan myself, but it is always good to see someone back in the fold who has obviously participated for lengthy spells and has knowledge and commitment in doing so. Welcome back and trust you will continue to enjoy. ;)