• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Great Music

Every one to their own - but guessing every one has a leaning this way or that - big on lyrics myself and Dylan in particular stands out - although saw John Shuttleworth aka Graem Fellows aka Jilted John last week - no complaints
Well you live & learn I always thought John shuttleworth etc was also Frank Sidebottom therefore was dead but I’ve just googled him & they’re completely different entities 🤣🤣🤣

Well thats want we want to know - don't lnow it ,but i am now going to get it - commiserations today for all spurs fans - believe it not my mate ( golf driving range owner) is a season ticket holder and has been for years and takes his son to every home game its a 13hrs day - so fairly dedicated. My other friends ( Londoners) had a box -- such a small world - anyway back to music - Glory Glory Leeds Utd - it will make the excellent Youngs bitter taste a little bit better.

Last edited:
My favourite Bowie album Mark.
"This ain't Rock'n'Roll,
This is Genocide."
Cats as big as rats - the track - you had me looking for an album but was a good refresher into all things DB - funny how good music transcends and is almost instantly remembered as soon as its heard.

big on lyrics myself and Dylan in particular stands out
I was never a fan of Bob indeed i am often still reminded that i slept all the way through his set when he head lined at the Isle of Wight festival. But the Hendrix cover of All Along The Watch Tower forced acceptance of some smart lyrics. Back in the day i can recall advocating that people should try playing rock music with the volume way down because then you had to focus, it was not in your face or just back ground and it could help your appreciation of some aspects previously missed including the lyrics.

I'm not really a fan (although I don't mind the odd Byrd) but I have just watched a wonderful frank and honest documentary on David Crosby that I can recommend:

I'm not really a fan (although I don't mind the odd Byrd) but I have just watched a wonderful frank and honest documentary on David Crosby that I can recommend:

Good choice - thanks I will watch it - another clash of egos always thought Neil Young was the mainstay and without him the others were a harmony band

Back