• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Gordon Elliott

I was looking for any comments on this tonight on the forum and could not find them. (So ArkRoyal ArkRoyal please move elsewhere if I have made a mistake)

When I saw the photograph I thought it was a photoshop, but it seems it is not. I think he could be toast. Perhaps there will be more news tomorrow.

For those wondering, the picture shows him sat astride a dead horse making a mobile phone call!

I was very upset when I saw it and if it is true will be another nail in the coffin for jump racing, as every animal rights groups and anti horse racing Twitterati are on the case.

Interesting to hear the forumites views on this

Last edited:
This is an absolute disgrace, he should not remain licensed to keep horses in his care. Not only does he not deserve to have these animals, he has clearly demonstrated he is an imbecile. If someone had asked me to dream up the worst possible image of horse racing my imagination couldn’t have matched this effort.

I haven't seen this yet but you don't need to see it to feel a sense of shame for the sport, while we're not talking about cruelty here or any kind of animal welfare problems the image for racing is going to be damning. What will happen ? Very little i suspect, maybe a temporary loss of licence at worse, I would prefer to see the back of him.

I zoomed in on the pic and thought it was 50:50 a fake cos of some of the pixelation on the edge of his image and with the view of surely he wouldn't be that stupid to do that and allow himself to be photographed......

His 'excuse' is a bit weak considering he was sat astride the dead animal.

Thanks for your responses. I think that we are all in general agreement here as to the damage to horse racing in general and to jumps in particular.

It will be interesting to see what the punishment will be. In my opinion he should never work with horses again. Surely, he will not be still a trainer come Cheltenham.

Thanks for your responses. I think that we are all in general agreement here as to the damage to horse racing in general and to jumps in particular.

It will be interesting to see what the punishment will be. In my opinion he should never work with horses again. Surely, he will not be still a trainer come Cheltenham.
If owners keep their horses with him & at this late date it doesn't seem feasible to move them, he will be at Cheltenham

Generally i refrain from putting the boot in when a man is down, but in this instance i would say bloody good job. !
I'm in the same boat as mick mick but unfortunately he has committed no crime, so apart from public outrage there's nothing that can be done to him. I'm sure the IHRB will bring charges of some sort against him but I'm sure he'll fight any attempt to suspend his license or ban him altogether

On a side note Black Tears runs in the 1.45 at Punchestown, I'm luckily not betting(or drinking:cry:) until lockdown is over but I wonder how many outraged people still back the horse ???

I already had before I saw the news - would I cancel no - would I avoid new bets - good question - not entirely sure how I feel about that right now

Gordon Elliot is finished, what he has done to racing will set it back years, the anti-racing brigade will have a field day with this they will be out in droves.

This has to be the worst thing I have ever witnessed, what on earth makes anybody do that, is that was me I would be balling my eyes out, the man is a f**king cretin of the highest order.

As I have already said...he is finished, his reputation is now in tatters, no owner will want his horses trained by him, he's is so bloody toxic.

Mike.

Last edited:
Back