• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Golf and Races Courses general info

Just back from a little golf trip - in the north East

on the way up Hobson http://www.thehobsongolfclub.co.uk/ - Really nice course - and ridiculously cheap for such a quality course - £ 15.00 a round

Not as cheap but possibly best golf greens I have ever been on Gosforth Park Norhumberland GC a very traditional GC but so friendly and helpful not in the least bit snotty - really went overboard to ensure we were accommodated and well looked after (Home) parts both the all weather and the NH race courses run through it and border it - and that spoils the over all feel - but the course is in stunning condition, really really excellent golf. the even reorganised our last day with visit to a place I had never heard of Brancepeth Castle Golf Club another nice course and with great facilities

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-4_18-37-47.png
    upload_2017-8-4_18-37-47.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 4
Sussex National chase tomorrow the name brings back nice memories Sussex National golf course great set up two course’s when I played it was members only hotel . All owned by - I think Kuwaiti National bank - if not might have been Qatar . No expense spared - guy cleaned your clubs and shoes before and after you played . Practice driving range all free brand new Titleist balls - fantastic bar and restruant - no tipping allowed and guests not allowed to pay . Great days out - has new owners now after being closed for a while but the set up is all the still - play those courses if you ever get a chance . Some nice course on the south coast lovely little holiday trip.

Last edited:
Mark,

Thanks playing sawgrass this year with the wife and 2 other courses, never played in lanzorotte only Tenerife and Gran Canaria,

Taking about 100 lake balls !!!!

Mark,

Thanks playing sawgrass this year with the wife and 2 other courses, never played in lanzorotte only Tenerife and Gran Canaria,

Taking about 100 lake balls !!!!
Never played that- jealous - my mate who has played everywhere reckons that's the absolutely the best course - invitation only so well done - they have a similar Island green hole at Pinheiros Altos in Portugal its a great challenge - have great time.

Thought I would add one here - Nottingham Golf and Country Club

Great Hotel rooms - 2 good golf course's old course really nice - building going at the moment so bit disruptive in the club house - Club House and food good

Over all value - they are giving it away - course slightly effected by light aircraft lessons - apart from that no complaints

Last edited:
markfinn markfinn

Morning played there is it called the Nottinghamshire we Play the mixed am am every year.

Sawgrass was incredible but unfortunately I took my Z game however I hit the 17th!

Work been busy and lots of stuff going off so looking in but not doing anything constructive, off to Germany now for 2 days work then up to Scotland for the open practice day, come on Justin it’s yours to win

BBC coverage of the open - terrible worst I have seen - looks as it cost 10 bob to produce - I just cannot bear being blackmailed into paying for all skys crap in order to get sport

Sporting bodies authorities bemoan the fact the interest or take of various sports - hardly surprising if the kids don't have access to view the best
BBC to busy wasting the public's money on transgender issues - racial harmony and all the other crap as well paying for helicopters to peek through Cliff Richards bedroom window - that's another few million lost legal issues and awarded costs.

I just cannot bear being blackmailed into paying for all skys crap in order to get sport

Unfortunate but can't complain about there wall to wall coverage. Last night for those inclined there was live darts, live GAA and live Golf.
Today F1, Porsche Super Cup, Show Jumping, Cricket, Golf, Football, Darts all live.

The Open is live for 12 hours and then there is a two hour highlights programme.

hardly surprising if the kids don't have access to view the best

I watched our Under 11s yesterday morning followed by our under 13s both playing pre season friendlies at football.

One of the parents of the under 11s said that her son might have to pack in football because he preferred playing on his X Box. She liked him playing football as it was the only chance he has at exercise. Sometimes its not the watching of 'live sport' it's just some kids are bone idle.

Unfortunate but can't complain about there wall to wall coverage. Last night for those inclined there was live darts, live GAA and live Golf.
Today F1, Porsche Super Cup, Show Jumping, Cricket, Golf, Football, Darts all live.

The Open is live for 12 hours and then there is a two hour highlights programme.

I watched our Under 11s yesterday morning followed by our under 13s both playing pre season friendlies at football.

One of the parents of the under 11s said that her son might have to pack in football because he preferred playing on his X Box. She liked him playing football as it was the only chance he has at exercise. Sometimes its not the watching of 'live sport' it's just some kids are bone idle.
Yes i agree sky sports brilliant but i generally only watch tv 1 hr per night even less in summer . so not giving the maxwells nearly 60 quid a week for the priveledge . The xbox well - there are always kids who dont like sport and prefer alternatives . If the parents rationed the x box etc to 1hr a day they might have a dufferent view. Another view - if sky etc dropped the ridiculous amounts they pay for sport and by implication all other payments escalate - eg ian poulter 13 ferraris and no major ?? - wembly stadium valued at 70million in contrast to ronaldos 3 year contract worth over 100million No sense

We have a basic Sky package markfinn markfinn ( only have the free sports) but up until recently I had BT sport's ( never watched it) ,Netflix & Amazon Prime....dropped BT and let my sub to Netflix expire we used to spend ages trying to find a film to watch and generally compromised and watched a film neither not us wanted to watch!!!.
Re the money Sports Stars earn it's crazy Lewis Hamilton has just signed a £40 million a year contract to steer a Merc F1 car (got to be the most boring sport ever).

I think there is a little overkill nowadays with everything available live in some way shape or form.

I remember a much younger me ... excitedly sitting in front of the tv on a Saturday morning, just wondering what delights "world of Sport" would be offering up for us this week.

:)

Back