• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Golf and Races Courses general info

markfinn

Sire
Hollinwell Pingman Pingman Oh dear my mates the pro there - lovely course - keep out of the 1 mtre high "Pink Grass" dont try cut any corners on the course and ensure if you have breakfast you have collar and tie on -

not ranting just adding valuable info for the interested

Pingman

Colt
Mark,

Cheers it was a long time ago, so probably not your mate, however they are usually the first and friendliest face you see first.

Can't remember the pink grass don't tell me snakes!

I may be not playing now the one thing about holiday golf is the lizards!!! Hate those

Cheers

markfinn

Sire
Last week played golf at up at Ramside Hall in Durham two great Courses the new 18 will be particularly good given a few years to mature - Hotel great, food, welcome, staff, Gym , Spa etc all very good - will be returning

Pingman

Colt
Mark,

Meant to say played headingly golf club in the mixed am am 2 weeks ago absolutely brilliant, picked up some 2,s money and nearest pin result

Loved it markfinn markfinn

Pingman

Colt
markfinn markfinn

By grass you mean Glass! Great course played it years ago with my new Ryder Graphite shafted driver persimmon head.

I put most of my balls on the railway line in the first 3 holes and borrowed the rest off my dad.

Went back to watch the open lovely lovely place and well jealous.

The old links is also a brilliant course I understand

Regards

Larry

Mare
Dont think I'm in your league Pingman Pingman & markfinn markfinn but off to Celtic Manor for 3 nights in a couple of weeks should be fun both day & night.
Off to Ascot tomorrow always upsets me that the golf course is also the Car park

Larry

Mare
Pingman Pingman we've got 3nights/4 rounds I think we're playing the Montgomerie & Roman we'll only play 3 rounds though as its 3-4 hour drive home, 16 of us going & I'd be surprised if anyone gets 26 points, we're a society & handicaps range from 10-28

Larry

Mare
ArkRoyal ArkRoyal I'm surrounded by West Ham & Arsenal supporters so for a change i'm not the butt of the jokes, a WHU supporter is current club champion, I'm out with him, another hammer & a liverpool supporter 1st day so i'll have bragging rights
COYS

markfinn

Sire
markfinn markfinn

By grass you mean Glass! Great course played it years ago with my new Ryder Graphite shafted driver persimmon head.

I put most of my balls on the railway line in the first 3 holes and borrowed the rest off my dad.

Went back to watch the open lovely lovely place and well jealous.

The old links is also a brilliant course I understand

Regards

I play the Old course not the stuck up Royal - far better atmosphere and equally as course for less than half the price - the greens yes like glass - not the fastest that I if have played on , I think the Bare at Morecambe are faster and absolutely brilliant if you cannot put or send a high pitch in you will be of on and of the greens all day.

Dont think I'm in your league @Pingman & @markfinn but off to Celtic Manor for 3 nights in a couple of weeks should be fun both day & night.
Off to Ascot tomorrow always upsets me that the golf course is also the Car park

I would not worry about leagues - you will love Celtic Manor as long as its dry - My lad taught the Welch team sports Psychology a couple of time'a a year until recently at Celtic Manor - this is his one of his web site's Let Golf Psychologist Jon Finn Build YOUR Pre-Shot Golf Routine

Just got in from golf and pleased the Gee Gees in the form of Zac Brown at Chelmsford played at lot better than I did (if i took it seriously I would have been embarrassed tonight )

If any one can recommend a good little three day or so jaunt please pipe up.

Football - Spurs Fans done well this year hope they are not another Leicester - he certainly has got the best of the players - but will they spend in order to keep in front. Arsenal have great wealth and for me are a sleeping Giant once Wengger goes you will see a different attitude - perhaps not better but certainly different.

Last edited:

Pingman

Colt
markfinn markfinn

Great post will have a look at that link as I do have issues on the course!

We are playing headingly, ilkley, and alwarke manor and staying in Harrogate in September.

That's a great little 2 day jaunt.

Just played elsham and Bridlington and stayed in Beverley, again one night away wife fine.

It's ok going to play abroad at the weekend etc but the beer money gets a little expensive!

markfinn

Sire
markfinn markfinn

Great post will have a look at that link as I do have issues on the course!

We are playing headingly, ilkley, and alwarke manor and staying in Harrogate in September.

That's a great little 2 day jaunt.

Just played elsham and Bridlington and stayed in Beverley, again one night away wife fine.

It's ok going to play abroad at the weekend etc but the beer money gets a little expensive!
East Yorks - I don't know Elsham I will look that one up - Brid and Beverly both nice - Flamborough - Filey - Scarborough 2 courses - Whitby all very on a nice day and nice trip
if you go there really should try Ganton thats a great course.

West Yorkshire sure to good - Gods Garden - Ilkley's is always in good condition and nice place to be - I have few mates who are members there and play there a bit myself - if you want a challenge try Keighley next you re up this way

markfinn

Sire
Just got back from a great little trip to Linden Hall a McDonald hotel In Northumbria - course has a great lay out - loads of angled holes - nice hotel and pub etc - £ 75.00 a night Golf and buggy - Hotel - Breakfast - 3 course meal - unbelievable value

markfinn

Sire
it is - its a fantastic golf course - the greens were slow but fantastically contoured - the bunkers need sorting, the pro reckoned all was in hand - I have played all over the place inc some real top courses home and abroad - none were better than Linden and certainly not at that price, a round at an open course is about £140.00 no comparison.

Pingman

Colt
Mark,

Looks nice pal, our mixed am am season started Sunday at Hornsea, and we have Hessle on Sunday this week,

It's all go had a very unusual lesson last night no technical advice and came away striping it, so looking forward to the weekend.

Regards