• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Forum Banter

Hi @bluelionman

When looking at betting tipsters you could use the Chi Score To see if any tipsters success is likely to continue or if it is just down to luck.

The following Forum Link will explain https://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk/XenForo/threads/mania-hcp.3816/post-39529

You would be better off though developing your own method of selection and plenty of examples,on the forum how to learn to fish for yourself.
there is a saying “Give a man a fish and it will feed him for that day, but teach a man to fish for himself and he will be able to feed himself for life”

Learn to fish by reading the methods that members arrive at their selections, practice the ones that appeal to you. Fairly soon you will be selecting your own bets and then you can pay it forward and teach others to fish for themselves

was there ever talk of bigger priced horses that weren't mentioned in the same breath but thought to have a chance.(off camera talk).

The first time i went, Richard Johnson was very popular with the crowd as the previous year he had tipped up a big price winner. By the end of the night most have had a few drinks although i do not think Mick Fitzgerald does. If anyone knows anything it was not for my ears, so for me it is just talk. I can remember many years back a friend from Royal Mail who goes to Cheltenham every year got talking to a owner at a hotel who said he's horse would run very well and it won. My friend had a few quid on i seem to recall. It was a chance meeting. The same thing has happened to myself when arriving late at Wembley greyhounds with my mates and again a chance meeting at the turnstiles. A young chap who was also late fancied he's dog and that duly won , some of my mates were on and i was not.

Another of my friends yesterday told me after the horse had won that he had a tip for Dublin Pharaoh 5/6f, apparently he knows the owner, yet my friend is adamant he does not like backing favs. It all goes around in circles and the story does not change.

If you mix in the right circles like this forum then bit by bit things do change and that is dependant on your learning curve and the amount of hard work that is put in. My learning curve is a very slow one so the work is very hard, especially on top of a day job.

Arkle

You would be better off though developing your own method of selection and plenty of examples,on the forum how to learn to fish for yourself.
there is a saying “Give a man a fish and it will feed him for that day, but teach a man to fish for himself and he will be able to feed himself for life”

Learn to fish by reading the methods that members arrive at their selections, practice the ones that appeal to you. Fairly soon you will be selecting your own bets and then you can pay it forward and teach others to fish for themselves
An excellent adage and resulting template for us all. I especially liked the advice " Practice the ones that appeal to you ". :)

I find this aspect the most important - depending how you go into it and what you want out of it - its a complicated thing at its best - the experts make it look easy but that's because they have practised over and over - when I add something new it takes time to integrate it into the existing and even now If I leave of for a week or so the first couple of races I am still trying to catch up on what I have done and thought previously - not having the librarian or clerk type of mind - I need notes to remind myself but that's never going to happen - got loads of old spread sheets that have records of winners and losers on them. but cannot now fathom what I was actually scoring them on - good reason for recording all in profiling type of way and posting them to be reread as and if required .

There is a lot to be said for that Mark. I hate coming back to spreadsheets that have been working 'hands free' for a long time and having to re-learn/understand how they work before I can make changes to add something new to them.
I often email my self for same reason the record is always there - laziness really the old clerks can find all on card index in quick time

I am not betting today.
But looking at the 3.25 at Thurles I can't understand why Ferocious at 25/1 is being overlooked....I mean it beat Five O'Clock and that is trading in single figures.

Oh well, soon see why.....

The Uncouth The Uncouth, i do not get it, you ask a question to which it seems you have now found your answer. Why do you not share your answer? As you are able to see plenty of helpful post on this site, does this mean you are someone who wants to take as much as possible and not give to much back.:confused:

Arkle

Back