• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Forum Banter

Flat is my preference also but I have to say the value you get at Cheltenham is too good to pass up.
It is going to be a very different Cheltenham without all the Ruby Walsh talk, I wonder who will take over his mantle...

At Cheltenham I like the 'let's distract them angle' of the festival.
I have found great value at meetings on the same days at Cheltenham I feel bookmakers aren't concentrating so much on.

HI Mick

Yes, I think we crossed paths before too. I used to be a regular poster and was one of the original members here following the exodos from "the dark place" :)

Not been on here for a few years. Hoping to get back into the swing of things and share some horse & footy stuff I've been doing.

Also hoping to reconnect with some old pals. Hope Dave & Ark are still around & doing well?!

A new one on me but Eracles Eracleous is shown booked to ride one in the last at Kemp on Sun, as he claims 5lbs he must have ridden some winners somewhere. Not sure why but Gladiator comes to mind. I bet when Dean gives the riding orders he calls him mate.!

A new one on me but Eracles Eracleous is shown booked to ride one in the last at Kemp on Sun, as he claims 5lbs he must have ridden some winners somewhere. Not sure why but Gladiator comes to mind. I bet when Dean gives the riding orders he calls him mate.!
There is a female jockey I can’t remember her name unfortunately , I saw her interview somewhere(again forgot), she might be the same one that made a plea in the RP letters page to be given more rides last season and it worked to an extent....anyway she said she had been over riding in races in Greece and befriended 2 Greek jockeys who had helped her and put word in to get her a few rides, she said she was bringing them back and returning the favour over here, by the sound of the name it wouldn’t surprise me if this fella was one of those lads.

Cheers O Outlander your above good to know.
Ok I did a bit of google the jockey who made the plea last season was Sophie Ralston, I checked she races a lot for Dean Ivory, you mention Dean in your earlier post so if that refers to Dean Ivory , then I would be 100% certain my last post about the Greek jocks is why this fella is here riding on Sunday.

Ey Up Lads!!!

Any of you remember this old fart?

Hello you old bugger, great to hear from you again, how are you?
We've upped sticks and moved to sunnier climes, been here 3 years now, best career move ever.
Carol says to say hello btw

Last edited:
There was recent talk on the common race thread Re this 5lb claimer and reading the below from his BHA hearing makes it suitable for a banter thread. He must have employed a bargain basement Brief to allow such a story to be told, perhaps he took a line just prior to the hearing.?

5. At the outset, Lundie admitted he had snorted cocaine late on Saturday 23 February or perhaps shortly after midnight on that day. But his description of the circumstances did not present a convincing picture to the Panel. He said that he made a visit with his stepbrother to a boxing promotion at the O2 arena in London on the Saturday evening, and that he drank about 3 or 4 pints of beer, which was an unusually large amount for him. When he went to the toilet, there was a group of four or five young Irishmen “from the rougher side of Ireland”. He had never met them before. They gave him two lines of cocaine, and did not ask for or get payment. He took these, he said, because he felt rather “bullied”. He speculated that they were providing the cocaine to try and get information from him, because he had told them at some point (which may have been after he had taken the cocaine) that he was a jockey. According to Lundie, this was the first and only time he has ever taken cocaine.

Back