• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Forum Banter

No excuse should be considered too outlandish imo, you never know it might work as evidenced by this old classic .

Last edited:

mick

Sire
No excuse should be considered too outlandish imo, you never know it might work as evidenced by this old classic .
Well Lundie got a six months ban, but perhaps he should have tried " Being unsteady after drink taken i stumbled while in the Loo and when my head hit the basin i gasped with pain and inadvertently inhaled two lines of Cocaine which a third party had laid out. :) Therefore imo it was nothing to do with me, with the additional positive outcome that my pain disappeared smartly.

Well Lundie got a six months ban, but perhaps he should have tried " Being unsteady after drink taken i stumbled while in the Loo and when my head hit the basin i gasped with pain and inadvertently inhaled two lines of Cocaine which a third party had laid out. :) Therefore imo it was nothing to do with me, with the additional positive outcome that my pain disappeared smartly.
Yes exactly maybe you should go down the path of being a jockeys legal representative , I reckon you would have got him off

I wish i could achieve the same when the Bookmakers close accounts, that would be a good result. !
Yeah dont get me started , I just don’t understand that it’s not a condition of their license that they must lay to a decent liability to everyone. The whole bookmaking industry is pure filth now, with their algorithms working out how to not accept bets from anyone who looks like they have at least 2 working brain cells while simultaneously doing their very best to except £100,000s bets from addicts stealing from their employers, pure scum.

There was recent talk on the common race thread Re this 5lb claimer and reading the below from his BHA hearing makes it suitable for a banter thread. He must have employed a bargain basement Brief to allow such a story to be told, perhaps he took a line just prior to the hearing.?

5. At the outset, Lundie admitted he had snorted cocaine late on Saturday 23 February or perhaps shortly after midnight on that day. But his description of the circumstances did not present a convincing picture to the Panel. He said that he made a visit with his stepbrother to a boxing promotion at the O2 arena in London on the Saturday evening, and that he drank about 3 or 4 pints of beer, which was an unusually large amount for him. When he went to the toilet, there was a group of four or five young Irishmen “from the rougher side of Ireland”. He had never met them before. They gave him two lines of cocaine, and did not ask for or get payment. He took these, he said, because he felt rather “bullied”. He speculated that they were providing the cocaine to try and get information from him, because he had told them at some point (which may have been after he had taken the cocaine) that he was a jockey. According to Lundie, this was the first and only time he has ever taken cocaine.
Recently I have been wondering about how some write up interesting race profiles, clearly there is an element of journalistic creative writing involved to be able to convert the stats into a interesting readable form - From the read of the above account the Jockey has rosy future at the Racing post

mick

Sire
Recently I have been wondering about how some write up interesting race profiles, clearly there is an element of journalistic creative writing involved to be able to convert the stats into a interesting readable form - From the read of the above account the Jockey has rosy future at the Racing post
Two lines and some rough Irishmen in the Loo is a little to creative for my taste. :eek: I recall in my youth going into a public loo a bloke was standing inside the entrance, as i urinated i glanced back and he was still there which triggered negative thoughts so i said harshly " You got a bus to catch mate" and he cleared off. It was only later that it dawned on me it was pissing down with rain and the poor innocent bloke was only there because he had no coat. :idk:

Last edited:
Hi @markfinn i did not aftertime if you check the posts back i did post that before the race, i have said many times about courses and c/d i always use, and the lower the weight the better for my workings, if you check also both are carrying similar weights or less than they have won with before.

It does not work like it use to but is still their in patches i have found, i dont need to aftertime my methods and i have stated them over and over and yes i had all three nearly equal rates. So is class of race won, weight carried then and chances today with that weight and of course a liking for certain courses and hope for a repeat i cant be any clearer than that.

I have found with everything k.i.s.s. is best, too complex and things fail and the brain tires quickly.
Hi - Perhaps would better posting your Ideas in one place - possibly here (or even better create your thread) as your posts have a great scope and generality covering many sports - as far as the above quote is concerned - I cannot see where you made any mention of any specific Horse - but that's ok mistakes are made from time to time - but the Common Race is just what it says - Common Race so to join in you really do need to be specific in you choice and hopefully back it up with solid ideas and just allude to this or that air fairy coincidence before the race and definatly not after the race. Other wise you make fools of us all and I am sure that's not your intention ! or is it.

OnTheNod

Gelding
Hi - Perhaps would better posting your Ideas in one place - possibly here (or even better create your thread) as your posts have a great scope and generality covering many sports - as far as the above quote is concerned - I cannot see where you made any mention of any specific Horse - but that's ok mistakes are made from time to time - but the Common Race is just what it says - Common Race so to join in you really do need to be specific in you choice and hopefully back it up with solid ideas and just allude to this or that air fairy coincidence before the race and definatly not after the race. Other wise you make fools of us all and I am sure that's not your intention ! or is it.
Lol! @markfinn I did not post it in here.

OnTheNod

Gelding
What is LOL !
Lol is just short for lots of laughs but in a nice way, i stated the two other c/ds in the race were close second rated still best forgot because Micks did not run either. If i could of got 12/1 for Micks and the bottom weight one i would of bet the two, i do not like backing more than two in one race btw.

Still Good Luck!! to You as Well, is nice to chat.

Last edited:

OnTheNod

Gelding
Do they though i have had threads before and am not keen writing i was crap at grammer at school i like talking in person best.

mick

Sire
Lol is just short for lots of laughs but in a nice way.
The first racing forum i joined i was new to being on line and oblivious to the abbreviations many use. One member started responding to my posts in a positive way but then started signing off with LOL. I concluded it meant Lots Of Love and thought bloody hell i am being stalked by a Gay bloke and i am gone.! Mentioning this on another forum i was put straight (metaphorically speaking i hasten to add).

Over the years i have invented and use plenty of racing - betting ones, and i do wish i could pronounce as well as write them, because the former would often save me a considerable sum via swerving the need to pay the swear box.!

Last edited:
Seriously thinking of going to a Cheltenham preview evening .
When I watch them on YouTube they look informative and fun, profitable too.

Has anyone ever been to one?
Stories and recommendations welcome if anyone has any.

Has anyone ever been to one?
Yes, i have to three. My nearest one Luke Harvey & Mick Fitzgerald are always there and the rest are guest mixed up between jockeys and pundits. I have yet to see a trainer but i think they may attend other venues. The venue which i used is in the next town to mine and right next door to a Paddy Power. Every year there was free betting vouchers given out at the end of the evening, until the 3rd year of attendance when there was no free betting vouchers.

The problem was the Cheltenham nights were held on a Wednesday, which is a football night, and the football had to finish before the racing started. If you wanted a seat you have to get there before the football starts, so it become a very long evening especially if my team was not playing.

Basically it is the same chat as to what you see on the telly with the talking horses and the one's no one can see getting beat.

I never heard any one speak about any forums like this one where you have a opportunity to learn about other peoples thoughts and try to expand on that knowledge.

Another point of view would be if your there with your mates having a laugh a few beers, watching football, talking horses, chatting up the bar maid, ignoring everything Luke Harvey says then it is a very enjoyable evening.

Arkle

Excellent.
Thanks for that @arkle.

One more question though when you went to these events I know they often put up the 'good things' that can't be beat, but was there ever talk of bigger priced horses that weren't mentioned in the same breath but thought to have a chance.(off camera talk).
That is the prime reason I would go for the insider information of the less talked of horses...with a chance.

Last edited: