• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Flat 2018

Just one winner, but at 10/1 ( annoyingly drifted to 14/1 after I took this morning's price before shortening up again) that means a profit of 6pts on the day:

+24.81
26/97

7.50 Bath. Time was when I would always back a Johnston 3YO in such contests, but times change and the stable no longer seem to exploit WFA the way they did in the past. Probably, since the alliance with Dubai, they house a different kind of animal than they used to. Whatever the reason, it has not been as lucrative to back their 3YO runners in these races blind as before. That said, Ready To Impress looks to have every chance of breaking his duck here. There is, however no value in the price at 15/8 and I am drawn to the other 3yo in the contest, Sherzy Boy, for Richard Hannon who has a decent strike rate at the track and this is a rare ride for the stable for Hayley Turner. At 12/1 it is worth a small punt. I thought of EW at the price but have decided to spread the risk by having a saver on the Johnston horse:

7.50 Sherzy Boy 12/1 1 pt win and Ready To Impress 15/8 1 pt win - edited to change stakes to 1 point (from 0.5)

Last edited:
Well, that was one of those races where they let a couple go so far in front that it was difficult to pull them back. In any event my two ran pretty poorly and I lost two points

+26.31 (24.58% POT)
28/107 (26% strike rate)

Thank you for your interest nicksar nicksar. I am going for four in form horses today all of which ought to be there if reproducing recent runs. Singles also a 1pt fourfold on them. 5 points staked

3.05 Almufti 2/1
7.00 Gaelic Wizard 2/1
8.00 Full Disclosure 3/1
9.10 Mujaasam 2/1 Edit to correct time of race

Last edited:
Well, two winners which at BOG (9/4 and 5/2) returned 6.75 pts for a profit of 1.75. However, it should have been more because I thought I had backed the Gosden horse in the 3.5 and am not sure how I managed to be on Almufti - what a dork!

+ 28.06
30/112

I use a 100 point bank formtheory formtheory.

Today I am chancing a double on two Prescott horses:

4.30 Rude Awakening 7/2 just touched off LTO but has the profile of a Prescott improver
7.20 Midnight Blue 11/10. On a four timer, has to show she can handle turf, but I never let that put me off a polytrack performer.

1 point win double

A winner at 4/1 but the other one lost so a point down on the day. Annoying because obviously had I added singles as well as the double I'd have won 2 points, but I didn't want to risk 3 points outlay. So you pays your money and you makes your choice.

+27.06
30/113

Last edited:
1.10 Strings Of Life 15/2 (coral) Joint fav on Newmarket debut and won eased down. Ran fair race in a listed contest NTO behind some unexposed types; ought to there or thereabouts in this similar level.
4.15 Airmax 7/4

Back