• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Fifty points profit per month

Fortunately, for the above I got off to a 'good' start. I was happy to test an idea for a month and to lose a predetermined bank in doing so. I am betting these to minimum stakes on the exchange.
Finding the optimum balance between strike and higher odds here is the long term goal and hopefully it will evolve, from month to month. If nothing else, it makes me watch more re-runs of races and gets me spotting things I can use later, as you say mick mick
To be honest, this is my 'fun' system, albeit, frustrating at times!! lol.

One of my biggest weaknesses as a punter is learning 'when not to bet' when having more serious and larger staked bets. The above system helps to alleviate this as I am already involved in 'something' for the day. That's not really the 'proper' way but I guess it's my 'sugar' hit....lol

A lot of jockeys seem to make a living as 'work riders with a licence' these days. Which when you think about it makes sense for the smaller yards that are trying to keep their costs down just to stay in the game, but for punters I'd say that you need to regard it as an indicator as to whether the trainer is serious about getting competitive on the day or just looking to take a couple more pounds off its mark with a view to finding a better race to place it in.

Thanks Arrocuda Arrocuda That's very helpful to know and appreciate.
I have always said that horserace databases would be excellent if you could build systems within the systems. ie. branch off individual aspects of the system.
As in using Trainers A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H but NOT Jockeys a,b,c,d for Trainer A........NOT Jockeys c,e,f,g for Trainer C......etc

This would negate the need for hundreds of systems should you wish to follow Trainers.

Make it more 3D in performance not 2D flat.

Thanks Arrocuda Arrocuda
As in using Trainers A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H but NOT Jockeys a,b,c,d for Trainer A........NOT Jockeys c,e,f,g for Trainer C......etc
TBH I don't use the trainer as my jockey yardstick, I use the track. If it's a jockey that doesn't have a lot of rides at the track I look at the track classifications such as Galloping, Sharp, Easy etc etc. The problem with trainer/jockey is that the percentages are over bet and it isn't always accurate as the jockey might be more than competent of riding the track given a competitive horse, but he might be first time out with this particular trainer. As I said before alliances between unretained jockeys and trainers are changing all the time.

That's why you can't build this kind of thing into a single operation system builder. System builders lack contextuality and that's something you have to do yourself. To get around the problem as best I can I use them to narrow down the field. Once I've got it down to the horses I believe are the ones I need on my shortlist I will have run several different saved routines marking any horses, jockeys, trainers etc etc that don't make the grade along the way. I then look at the data I've collated on the short listed horses and make the final decision as to the likeliest 'best value' candidate for a bet. This is where the contextuality comes in that you can't get from a PC as it ends up being a trade off between perceived chances and the likelihood of getting the kind of odds that will more than cover the liability.

Sun 21st Nov.........7 Selections.........1 N/R.........6 Losers

Losers..........-6

Running total = +40.67 pts
S / R = 6.1 %
ROI = 13.7 %

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon 22nd Nov.........13 selections

22nd Nov.png

Mon 22nd Nov.........13 Selections............12 Losers.........1 winner................Art Of Diplomacy 17/2 ( 12.5 ) +11.27

Losers..........-12

Running total = +39.96 pts
S / R = 6.1 %
ROI = 12.9 %

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tues 23th Nov.........5 selections

23rd Nov.png

23rd Nov.........5 Selections............5 Losers

Losers..........-5

Running total = +34.96 pts
S / R = 6.0 %
ROI = 11.1 %

Weds 24th Nov..........13 selections

24th Nov.png

It was only a few days ago I was wondering where it had all gone wrong!! :)

24th Nov..........13 Selections............1 N/R.........10 Losers.........2 Winners

Losers.............-10

Dancing Reel
16/1 ( 21.06 ) +19.66
Green Power 50/1 ( 67.24 ) +64.92

Running total = +109.54 pts
S / R = 6.4 %
ROI = 33.5 %

Thurs 25th Nov...........23 selections tomorrow

25th Nov.png

One winner from a very nice, fast, 2yo colt....

25th Nov..........23 Selections............3 N/R's..........19 Losers..........1 Winner

Losers.............-19

Checkandchallenge
11/1 ( 17.33 ) +16.00

Running total = +106.54 pts
S / R = 6.3 %
ROI = 30.7 %

Fri 26th Nov........17 selections

26th Nov.png

26th Nov..........17 Selections............1 N/R............15 Losers..........1 Winner

G'daay 10/1 ( 16.7 ) +15.39

Losers.............-15

Running total = +106.92 pts
S / R = 6.3 %
ROI = 29.5 %

Sat 27th Nov......massive day with no less than 30 selections

27th Nov.png

Last edited:
With Bangor abandoned due to high wind damage we where left with 22 selections of which 4 were non-runners.
No winners unfortunately. Best were 14/1 & 18/1 seconds.

27th Nov..........22 Selections............4 N/R's............18 Losers

Losers.............-18

Running total = +88.92 pts
S / R = 6.0 %
ROI = 23.3 %

28th Nov..........Just the 5 selections for Sunday ( 3 in one race )

28th Nov.png

Carlisle abandoned left 4 runners with no winners. Best was a 4th at 40/1.

28th Nov..........4 Selections......................4 Losers

Losers.............-4

Running total = +84.92 pts
S / R = 6.0 %
ROI = 22.1 %

29th Nov.........13 selections

29th Nov.png

48hr Decs are showing 12 selections ( subject to change ) for the 30th Nov.
So it looks like this month, as it stands, with no winners, abandons or non-runners will give me a minimum of 59.92 pts - so objective achieved here this month - for the second time.....lol.

I've been looking at December's system which I think I will run here. Removed any chance of ambiguity with No. of runners, and refined according to code, AW and NH, that so I have two systems with more appropriate filters for each.
I somehow get the feeling this is going to give me more bets but with NH abandoned meetings, probably not. And AW for that matter...fog, snow, etc.....shiver shiver.

Back