• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Fifty points profit per month

See, i'm the opposite.

With an each way you don't have "dead money" in a race.
If you back two to win, one of your bets has already lost.
I can't get my head round that.

There used to be a guy on here a few years ago now that would back two in handicap races, he got some great results from it. Can't remember the guys name now else i'd go look up one of his threads ... any of the old-timers remember who i'm talking about ? I want to say Tony .. but I have no idea where I pulled that name from ??

It seems to work for you, and I do like that there are so many different angles into races. If we all did it the same way, the game would be very boring. Still watching with interest. I like your approach.
I have done a TON of reading while laid up after the hernia op and something i came across that stuck in my mind was this:

In a race we are not actually looking for a winner.... its very very hard to find a winner. What we should be doing is finding the contenders of that race ... those that could win. By narrowing down the field you are able to pick a couple of contenders to back. That's when dutching would come in to cover those contenders.

One thing I do hate thought is when you get those bigger price horses coming in 2nd and whish you had the place!

Suppose the main thing is at the end of the month your bank balance is up :) Many ways to skin a cat .... but the end result should be no skin on the cat!

Once the chap had found a live contender he would put a win bet on the horse and cover his stake with a lay bet in the place market.
That's clever!! Worth investigating.

In a race we are not actually looking for a winner.... its very very hard to find a winner. What we should be doing is finding the contenders of that race ... those that could win. By narrowing down the field you are able to pick a couple of contenders to back. That's when dutching would come in to cover those contenders.
That's more or less it here.

Thanks hedgehog hedgehog The sheer number of bets some days are going to lead to a pretty bumpy sea sometimes ( peaks and troughs ).
I don't give in too easily - just regroup.

Just the one race today - a seller - I think this is the first 2yo seller I've done here.

2.55 Goodwood........2yo Non-handicap ( Seller )
Black Hill Storm
Wee Loch Lass

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NH side-line TEST - Hurdle & Chase Handicaps - Distances 1m7f to 2m½f.

3.00 Kilbeggan.......4yo+ Handicap Hurdle
Presenting Bonnie
Nelsons Point

3.10 Perth............4yo+ Handicap Hurdle
Zamarkhan
Summer Lightening

Black Hill Storm finished 2nd at 10/1, beaten a head, just failing to catch Rosa Mystica.
Wee Loch Lass
finished 3rd at 13/8F.
Not getting the rub at the moment......but it will come.

Previous -10.99 pts
Overall total -12.66 pts

NH test bets

Presenting Bonnie won her race at 15/8. She was available at 5/1+ all day until live show.
Nelsons Point 6th 9/1.

Zamarkhan 2nd at 7/1 beaten 0.5 length.
Summer Lightening finished 9th 13/2.

Last edited:
Hi all - Got called out unexpectedly this morning and didn't have the opportunity to post todays selections. I did them last night and wanted to check for non-runners this morning. There were 7 races - 14 selections.
As I never posted, and never bet these, today is a void day. And guess what........my luck is not changing. Just one winner at 5/4 from 14 picks!!

As this week is going to be busy for me until Friday I am going to pause this until then. I need to fundamentally check to see if my method is going to hold water going forward too.

I see there was an incident in the 6.30 Windsor. Diligent Lady looked to have snapped her foreleg and, no doubt, destroyed. :( ( Not confirmed though ). Can't find any new about the horses, only the jockeys - who I hope are ok.

I may have to do a complete change of tack with my race type / method here.
I'm leaving myself wide open with regards taking on 2yo's and size of races.

Now looking to focus on All-aged Handicaps of 7-9 runners, as I find them, at the time I look at the race cards.

Parking these seven races here for tomorrow, as a test, but I will count the results in the ongoing monthly total.
I am still limited on time.

10th June........14 selections.

10th June.png

Interesting. Brings me back to profit.
Two winners today at nice prices.
Still feels a bit risky but I'll go with it for a while.

14 selections - All ran - 2 winners.

Nearly A Gonna 12/1 ( bfsp 14.87 )
Tenaya Canyon 9/1 ( bfsp 12.55 )

-12, +13.59, +11.32
=
+12.91 pts

Previous -12.66 pts
Overall total +0.25 pts

Oh dear :)......lots today!!
11 Handicap races of between 7 and 9 runners ( 22 selections ).

12th June.png

2.00 York......................3yo+ 1m4f
2.45 Chester...............4yo+ 1m4½f
2.55 Hexham..............4yo+ 2m4f ( Hurdle )
3.10 Bath.....................4yo+ 1m
3.30 Hexham..............4yo+ 2m7½f ( Hurdle )
3.45 Bath.....................3yo+ 5½f
4.05 Hexham.............5yo+ 3m ( Chase )
4.40 Hexham.............5yo+ 3m ( Chase )
6.15 Leicester............4yo+ 7f
6.45 Leicester............4yo+ 1m4f
8.45 Leicester............4yo+ 5f

22 selections - All ran - Just 3 winners ( Five 2nd's )

Keeper's Choice 13/8 ( bfsp 2.88 )
Ever So Much 7/1 ( bfsp 8.66 )
Racing Pulse 9/1 ( bfsp 14.00 )

-19, +1.84, +7.51, +12.74
=
+3.09 pts

Previous +0.70 pts
Overall total +3.79 pts

Think I'll go back to posting in my 10 point profit per month thread.
I might, just might, make that one!! :)

22 selections - All ran - Just 3 winners ( Five 2nd's )

Keeper's Choice 13/8 ( bfsp 2.88 )
Ever So Much 7/1 ( bfsp 8.66 )
Racing Pulse 9/1 ( bfsp 14.00 )

-19, +1.84, +7.51, +12.74
=
+3.09 pts

Previous +0.70 pts
Overall total +3.79 pts

Think I'll go back to posting in my 10 point profit per month thread.
I might, just might, make that one!! :)

Dont panic! plenty of time left yet not even halfway through the month yet.

Back