• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Fifty points profit per month

You just select 'race' off the menu and look thru' the options and toward the bottom of the list there are two boxes one labelled 'Min' Age Limit' and the other 'Max' Age Limit'. This is where you enter the values depending upon the race conditions you are interested in. You can also specify age by selecting 'Horse' off the menu but that won't filter out the races only the horses running in them. So for 3 year old races only you put a 3 in both boxes.
Thanks got that

Yes but I wasnt sure of what you already "had" and did not want to appear to be condescending

the top 3 weights are a just a guide to what ought be winning all things being equal of course each race can be profiled individually - not sure I can Isolate three year old only races - that is a problem I have encountered before and of course it skews the age stats. Arrocuda Arrocuda might be able to help as he has proform.
Hey markfinn markfinn I appreciate anything you have to say. I should be able to sort races and data in HRB should I need to, but knowing the general ideas ( ie. Top 3 ) will always come in handy. As it is I approach each race type differently ( getting a fair few notes now ) and each area will be constantly refined.

Hi Arrocuda Arrocuda I see you've a couple of good threads going. OnTheNod OnTheNod pointed you out to me. Funnily, I backed your Ernie's Valentine with the Tote earlier only to realise a bit later that it was going up against two of mine!!

First day's results feel a bit like a 'get out of jail' sort of day.....
Not too sure I like the Tipperary track much.....a bit bumpy and rugged.

17 runners - 1 non-runner - 3 winners

Big Time Maybe 17/2 ( bfsp 12.00 )
Peerless 5/2 ( bfsp 3.96 )
Clarendon House 100/30 ( bfsp 5.6 )

-14, +10.78, +2.90, +4.51
= +4.19 pts

Incidentally, I didn't mention it at the start......
Betting 1pt Win on each selection to BFSP with 2% comm. deducted.

Hi Arrocuda Arrocuda I see you've a couple of good threads going. OnTheNod OnTheNod pointed you out to me. Funnily, I backed your Ernie's Valentine with the Tote earlier only to realise a bit later that it was going up against two of mine!!
I'm not sure what OnTheNod OnTheNod is thinking of cos at the moment even I wouldn't recommend me. My summer jumps are doing really well overall although have hit a bit of a flat spot this past couple of weeks with only a couple of wins at modest odds. Whereas my flat bets, well...... I could argue that it's just a touch of seconditis cos I have had a disproportionate number of 2nds lately, but that apart the rest have been very disappointing this past couple of weeks. I am hoping that today's win is a sign of better things to come.

I've just been having a play with the Race Conditions age function markfinn markfinn and it appears to have changed since I last used it. You now enter the expression 'OPEN' in the Max box if you just want 3 y o+ or 4 y o+ races and leave it blank if you just want 3 y o races. Proform is upgraded about twice a year as they add more and more functions to it so it's possible that they have added more options to it since I last used it.

2nd June....

6 races today - 12 selections - 12pts at risk.
Smaller races than those yesterday overall, with a more 'middle of the road' feel to it with regards to the market positions.

2nd June.png

1.00 Nott.............2yo Non-Handicap ( Maiden )
2.35 Nott.............3yo Handicap
3.55 Ayr................4yo+ Handicap
5.50 Ripon..........2yo Non-Handicap ( Novice )
6.00 Curr.............3yo Handicap
9.00 Ripon..........4yo+ Handicap

I'm not sure what OnTheNod OnTheNod is thinking of cos at the moment even I wouldn't recommend me. My summer jumps are doing really well overall although have hit a bit of a flat spot this past couple of weeks with only a couple of wins at modest odds. Whereas my flat bets, well...... I could argue that it's just a touch of seconditis cos I have had a disproportionate number of 2nds lately, but that apart the rest have been very disappointing this past couple of weeks. I am hoping that today's win is a sign of better things to come.

Hi Arrocuda Arrocuda is hard to be constant nowaday i went 3 weeks bad in May and then came good in the end racing is like that now i think.

Still Good Luck!! for the future.

Just having a look at 4yo+ Handicaps with regards to position in weights, age, etc.......and came across this race back in 2017.
Do you markfinn markfinn or anyone else know why there were four 3yo's in this race?

2.05 Redcar.png

Last edited:
Hi Arrocuda Arrocuda is hard to be constant nowaday i went 3 weeks bad in May and then came good in the end racing is like that now i think.

Still Good Luck!! for the future.
OnTheNod OnTheNod.... I know what you mean.... it's the old what goes around comes around scenario but it's hard when you're in the thick of it to keep that foremost in your mind. We all have to deal with the ups and downs of the game from time to time whaatever your style of play.

I don't have any access now until Monday - but need to find the race conditions - it does look strange but probably some exemption contained in the conditions

markfinn markfinn I cannot find the race conditions either for the race but I expect there is a reason in there. Most other sites are showing as 4yo+ race so not an error there. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hmmm......not good! :(

12 selections - All ran - 1 winner

Gunnerside 6/4 ( bfsp 2.72 )

-11, +1.69
=
-9.31 pts

Previo
us +4.19pts
Overall total -5.12pts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just the one 5f race tomorrow, unbelievably.....or should I say, thankfully.

3rd May.....

5.05 Hamilton..........4yo+ Handicap
Latin Five
Buniann

Last edited:
Out of six runners, mine came.......well, let me see........fifth and last!! My luck not in at the moment.

Previous -5.12pts
Overall total -7.12pts

They say that 'form is cyclical'.......I think 'luck' is the same. My luck ( and I expect there is a few out there that agree :)) is governed by the moon.
At the moment we have a waning crescent on the approach of a New moon on the 10th. This is not a good period.
From the 10th to the 18th, up until the first quarter.....luck is average.
From there, on the approach to the Full moon......luck picks up.
Days either side of the Full moon ( but not the day/night itself ) are best.
Just to put you in the picture 👎 🌖🌗🌑🌓🌔🌕 👍

Now there are 9 races to do tomorrow.......let me go and blow my theory sky high!!

Last edited:
4th June......

4th june.png

1.20 Catt.............2yo Non-Handicap ( Novice )
1.50 Catt.............3yo Handicap
4.55 Down..........2yo Non-Handicap ( Maiden )
5.30 Down..........3yo Handicap
5.35 Bath............4yo+ Handicap
6.05 Down.........3yo+ Handicap
6.10 Bath............2yo Non-Handicap ( Novice )
7.40 Bath............3yo+ Handicap
8.10 Bath............3yo+ Non-Handicap ( Maiden )

18 selections - although I expect a few non-runners before race times, as the weather has taken a slight turn.

Here is a side-line test I'm doing on minimum distance/s over NH Hurdle & Chase Handicaps.
Distances covered will be 1m7f to 2m½f.

Very few bets at the moment and some big prices, so I don't expect any immediate success ( if ever!!....lol ).
It basically looks for horses that are a lower in the weights than a previous win high and a few other filters.
I will probably add to the mix once the Flat season comes to an end to go alongside the AW 5f's.

6.15 Tramore.........5yo+ Handicap Chase
Capture The Action
Jazz Ranger

Last edited:
Capture The Action came up for me too this morning retriever retriever but I ended up scratching it as it was on an all time high mark of 109 and had already had two attempts to overcome it. Didn't run badly the last 2 starts but noticed that the horse was coming off the bridle much sooner than in the race she ran that put her mark up to 109. Not completely sure, but I think the run of improvement she has been on that started with her first win off 94 might have come to an end.

Not going myself this time but hope it wins anyway. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back