• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Fifty points profit per month

retriever

Gelding
Onwards and upwards......

14th June.......wanted to wait to see if there were any early morning non-runners, but alas, out early tomorrow, so I'm posting all of tomorrow's 18 selections now.

14th June.png

1.35 Ling.............3yo+ 1m2f
3.20 Ling.............3yo+ 6f
5.00 G.PK............3yo+ 1m1½f
5.20 Carl..............4yo+ 1m
5.25 Wind...........4yo+ 1m3½f
6.50 Nott............4yo+ 5f
7.30 Wind..........3yo+ 6f
7.40 Kilb..............4yo+ 2m4f ( Chase )
8.00 Wind...........4yo+ 1m

retriever

Gelding
18 selections - 1 non-runner - 4 winners

Passion And Glory 6/5 ( bfsp 2.22 )
Tomouh 15/8 ( bfsp 3.36 )
Ottoman Emperor 5/2 ( bfsp 3.82 )
Edraak 3/1 ( bfsp 4.01 )

-13, +1.20, +2.31, +2.76, +2.95
=
-3.78 pts

Previous -0.21 pts
Overall total -3.99 pts

retriever

Gelding
8 selections - All ran - No winners.

Previous -12 pts
Overall total -20.00 pts

Time for a halt. Thanks for the 'sad' markfinn markfinn You are right - it's not going well.

Something is not clicking.
I would prefer to work from Early prices, as the Forecast prices with HRB have been way off, [ Passion And Glory 11/2 forecast into 6/5 SP ] ( W/Hill's I believe ) and at the moment, I am not able to do so with work commitments.

Perhaps with the more unsettled weather coming, results will favour bigger priced winners and not be so predictable.
I'm going to lay off for a few days.

OnTheNod

Gelding
Yes retriever retriever i think value is the wtg maybe nowadays, and also i still find it is best to find a way to check back somehow it is not precise, but it can save alot of time, and even then i like to half the results to make the findings more viable maybe. Also their will be lulls but the shorter prices the harder it is to get back on track maybe.

Anyhows! Good Luck!!

Last edited:

Arrocuda

Filly
Backing two in the same race is always gonna be a tough call IMHO and I admire your spirit retriever retriever for having a go at it. It increases your strike rate I accept but does it double it? It needs to at least double it in the long term as two in the same race effectively halves the odds. So 5/1 becomes 5/2, 8/1 becomes 8/2, = 4/1. Not saying it isn't possible to profit from the strategy in theory but it needs big odds in competitive races and a very sharp pin to pull it off.

markfinn

Sire
disagree dutching is a great way of maximising overall profits and lowering loses

simple 2 horse race

5/1 - winner - 1 lost ( the other dutched stake) = 4/1 winner what is wrong with that

1624521769108.png

If I have a chance ( 2 or more live contenders ) and as long as I have min odds about the bet 11/4 I will use it

Arrocuda

Filly
Like I said in my earlier response Mark..... "Not saying it isn't possible to profit from the strategy in theory", As you say and I agree..... 'Dutching is a great way of maximising overall profits and lowering losses' but...... A) Both of your selections have to be available at odds in excess of true chances in the first place cos Dutching alone won't turn a loss maker into a profitable venture and..... B) IIRC the OP wasn't Dutching, he was calculating returns to split stakes 50/50. I Dutch myself occasionally, usually when I end up with two in the same race and I can't discount either as a win bet. As you say it can be useful in some circumstances.