• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Fewer or more bets?

I feel pete pete above honest self appraisal lends itself to related discussion. I am very disciplined and clinical about all aspects of my betting, nothing to Crow about but rather for myself a case of needs must and hard earned. Horse race betting is teeming with traps contradictions and temptations, and perhaps before you can start to feel any confidence about beating the odds you first need to learn how to beat yourself. ?

Just to clarify before the Wags step in masochistic behaviors are not my thing, but i note many punters who when matters are not going to plan are all to willing to blame anyone or thing other than themselves when a better solution might be to identify and learn from there own mistakes. Thinking back over my own close to 50yrs involvement the best lessons i learnt where those which cost me money at the time.

While not an easy mind set to obtain imo Mr Ego should be shut in a box indeed the very worst time to let him loose is during a purple patch when he starts to tell you hey we have this game sorted. This is why my contention is that in this game there are no expects just a minority who have made themselves better learners.

Re the grind involved made more so during the down draws perhaps i am fortune but i maintain the thinking that what ever is occurring it seldom gets or feels boring. The only aspect which takes the rub off for myself is the attitude and MO of many current day Bookmakers but i am not going to expand on this because that would be boring. !

Last edited:
F Frontrunner "fewer or more " ?
The short answer is i don't know so maybe it comes down to " what do you do "?

If i didn't enjoy it i wouldn't bet.
Happy to have small bets just to entertain, including football, snooker etc.. this includes multiples.

The more serious bets depend on how much confidence i have in the selection and in my opinion this is the hardest question we face, putting them up on a forum such as this helps concentrate the mind and i tried to do this on the "punted" thread i started but looking back now i feel because of a lack of discipline on my part i've undermined what i had intended to do but what's done is the past.

Betting on horse racing is more about fun for me rather that making it feel like a job or needing to make it pay, my biggest bet this season was ART POWER, this came about because having backed it for a win bet and in a double i backed it again when i read what B Bertie123 had written.
A much less assured form of profiting was when i forgot that i'd already backed a horse the night before so backed it twice, that's good enough reason for keeping it fun.

Back