• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Falling short

3 horses that i just can't make a strong enough case for but have had a little trixie on a rather ordinary saturday for racing.

2.55 BUSTER EDWARDS 5/2
3.5 THE CON MAN 5/2
4.40 SOME DETAIL 7/4

Anybody else have similar horses today ?

Regretfully not, i had five AW races of interest but could not find even a possible bet in any. While this can prove a frustrating part of the task it is something i accept because knowing when not to bet can be half the job. ? Your falling short is an interesting description and the opposite used to be a much used term "Banker" which for some reason is less seen these days............Perhaps because an element of trust used to be involved with the word which no longer exists.

I was informed that recently when you go to deposit with B365 they are asking you to put in enough money in one go to cover all of your days requirements, there reasoning is that frequent deposits on the same day are triggering some Banks to refuse as its flagged up as possible fraudulent behavior. You just have to grin at the double irony in this.!

mick mick
My thinking here is it might encourage a little interest in the 3 i've put up or people may have similar selections, certainly struggling recently to find anything calling itself a "banker".

bet365.....Not heard this before, i tend to just leave enough in the account but sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I have three that, on their right day, would win their respective races and could be termed 'bankers' but all on the same day?.....we'll see.
No harm in a fun trixie now and then.

5.05 Wolv...........Mickey
5.55 Chelm........Fantastic Flyer
7.00 Chelm........Venusta

Having had a look at your race picks I can see why it's difficult to deem them bankers.

The 3.05 Ayr race is interesting in that I think there is a horse at bigger odds than I think it should be. Eternally Yours with a 3lb claimer on board, is running very close to it's winning mark. Second in this race last year, lightly raced, I sense that this is its target race and has every chance of winning if bouncing back.

A few today that fall short but i've had a little yankee

7.30 ...Caustic love 5/2
2.5 ...Mcfabulous 2/1
3.50 ..Daphne du clos 3/1
2.40 .. Bullionaire 14/1

good luck needed.

3 most interesting for me from a speed rating perspective.
2.20 Navan INSTANT RETURN I had this horse top rated for the Boodles at Cheltenham didn’t get a run there but I rated him 133 last time out and off just 123 here.
3.15 Kempton LEGAL EYES had a wind op then smashed Kilfilum Cross on this course, that one I had top rated in Cheltenham this week and only got beat on the run-in by one of Gordon Elliots projects.
4.05 TREACYSENNISCORTHY been racking up big field handicap hurdlers in Ireland recent , Column Of FIre, Ronald Pump, Sire De Berlais and The Storyteller all ran excellent races in Cheltenham after trailing in behind this horse, switched to Chasing now but 19lb lower and they obviously couldn’t resist with his chase mark being so low.
All short prices so going for double first 2 and a treble with the last one.

Legal Eyes broke his neck, commisserations to all involved with the gelding.

Some decent news is the lad that lead up Goshen yesterday rode a winner at Fontwell today. Probably little consolation but you have to be tough as boots in this game.

Copper Gone West the only horse to lose his life at Cheltenham this week, broke his fetlock. An awful thing to happen and thoughts to all his connections.

Back