• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Draw laying system

paulb164

Colt
I'm putting this on hold for a short period while I rewrite the XLS... I'm concerned that the most recent reboot has shown over the 70-odd games that my tweaking isn't working how I want it. I want the Q-rated games to be the selected winners, instead it's my own picks that are currently performing the best. I think my latest tweaks have biased the filters towards improving my own picks, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the Q-rated.
As well as identifying what seems to influence the choices, I also want to add a couple of new filters (table positions and staggered ratings) which requires me to redo the XLS (which isn't as complex as it sounds as I have done most of it already during the last weekend) - I hope to have it picking new games with the improved filters before the upcoming weekend.
I'm also adding other stats for the file to identify, like a goals identifier so while it's looking for likely non-draws, it can search for projected high-scoring games as well !

paulb164

Colt
Just an update on this... I have now rewritten the file and am now populating it with the leagues.
It was important to redo this as after taking stock of the filters on the results so far, it was apparent that it used some that weren't actually worth using as any kind of indicator for a game's outcome. That was why I wanted to introduce some other filters that seemed more relevant for picking home wins (such as table positions, home and away goal scoring records, and goal likelihoods). While I was adding the goal-counting aspect, I also included a filter that ought to pick high-scoring games as well, and so pick under/over goal market potentials.
I tested it on a few games today on the German Bundesliga, and pleased to say they all won ! So I am now going to set some leagues up, and should be able to throw out some fixtures to bet on starting on Monday (presuming there are qualifiers for then).