• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Double Dutch

Sean

Colt
Thought i would give dutching a go , have tried it in the past with some success but never really kept it up .. the way i used to do it is pick a couple of races , sometimes 3/4 sometimes just the one and stop at a winner , the way i work it is say i want to win £20 per day so i would work the stakes out for the 2 horses , and bet accordingly , if one of em won all well and good , if not , i would obviously want the £20 + the stake outlay back .. like i say it worked okay in the past and i have tried it over the past couple of days , first day it won in the second race and yesterday it won in the first race so hopefully it can continue in that vein

If anyone has any better ideas on how to bet them feel free to let me know , cheers :handgestures-thumbup:

Sean

Colt
Wednesday 6th January

3.55 Wolverhampton - Fleur Irlandaise / Beauty Stone
4.40 Kempton - Acquisitor / Hackness Harry
6.15 Kempton - Amtiyar / Rock Eagle

Sean

Colt
usual starting point , i look at the race and see if one or two horses stand out more than the others , when i have a handful of races , i will rate them and then look at form , course form , jockey form on the horse etc .. after that i'm usually down to 1-4 races and then i will select which ones i think are the strongest and most likely to win , hope that helps smitch smitch

Sean

Colt
Thursday 7th January

12.58 Ffos Las - Sandymount Rose / Windswept Girl
1.15 Southwell - Thegreatestshowman / Slow Mo
2.28 Ffos Las - Lieutenant Rocco / Francky Du Berlais

Sean

Colt
Thursday 7th January

12.58 Ffos Las - Sandymount Rose / Windswept Girl Meeting Abandoned
1.15 Southwell - Thegreatestshowman / Slow Mo Lost
2.28 Ffos Las - Lieutenant Rocco / Francky Du Berlais Meeting Abandoned

Loss today but just the one race as Ffos Las was abandoned

Sean

Colt
Monday 11th January

1.20 Hereford - Jimmy Bell 8/1 / Le Tueur 3/1
2.05 Doncaster - L'Incorrigible 7/4 / Truckers Pass 11/10
2.50 Hereford - The Mick Preston 2/1 / Winds Of Fire 4/1

Sean

Colt
Monday 11th January

1.20 Hereford - Jimmy Bell 8/1 / Le Tueur 3/1
2.05 Doncaster - L'Incorrigible 7/4 / Truckers Pass 11/10
2.50 Hereford - The Mick Preston 2/1 :handgestures-thumbup: 1st 3/1 / Winds Of Fire 4/1

I have no idea why i put early prices up lol .. must of been miles away , anyway job done in the third and last race

pawras

Gelding
I play around with dutching and I've even integrated it into my system tester so I could tackle some particular data analysis, but one thing to think about is if you're backing more than one in a manner so that you get the same return if any win, I think it kind of assumes you think they all have the same chance.

Last edited:

Sean

Colt
To be honest i just look at the races select races where i think i can find the winner , then delve deeper and select the races that look best and then the two i think hold the best chances of winning , i dunno alot about dutching tbh but its worked so far

pawras

Gelding
cool, but from my own personal experience you can get better results if the money is a bit more on the ones you fancy most, well provided they win more often than the others....

Sean

Colt
Wednesday 13th January

2.30 Plumpton - Cyclop** / Snuff Box
3.00 Plumpton - Pride Of Pemberley** / Dalaman
4.45 Kempton - Nortonthorpe Boy / Beija Flor

Sean

Colt
Have ** the ones i fancy more , if i dont fancy one more than the other , just think that either could be the winner i've left the ** out