• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

db standard times and ratings

db1

Yearling
Just looking back at some figures and have spotted a potential ammonaly. Wolves 24/5 I have Captain Ryan performing performing 24lbs better than his OR before any going allowances. The next 2 best performers were +1 and -1 compared with their OR. Do we all have similar notes for that horse? That's some improvement if all check out.

Just looking back at some figures and have spotted a potential ammonaly. Wolves 24/5 I have Captain Ryan performing performing 24lbs better than his OR before any going allowances.

I had him at +21lbs prior to the going allowance being applied, he lost a shoe on his next run at Chepstow.

CapRyan.PNG

CapRyan2.png

Mike.

Reactions: db1

db1

Yearling
I had him at +21lbs prior to the going allowance being applied, he lost a shoe on his next run at Chepstow.
TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother Thanks for confirming. Out of curiosity, and as your method of rating is what I've been using, for the AW racing do you mainly use the minus 8 constant? I see this meeting possibly was minus 12 - Is that normal for you on the AW?

I see this meeting possibly was minus 12 - Is that normal for you on the AW?
Where possible I start off and try to use the -8lb constant as a guide.

The problem with this meeting, you had a combination of low grade and slow run races, adjusting I used -12lbs using only the 2 fastest races, the handicap average told me that I was somewhere in the ballpark regarding the going allowance,

I do use a combination of the speed figures and handicaps to adjust.

Mike.

D db1 on my sheets if I hadn't made a specific adjustment for the Captain Ryan race he'd have scored a 72 on my cards. However the race was identified as an outlier for my purposes results in a deduction of 20 and a rating for that race of 52, just 4lb above his OR for that race.
Here's how I rated the card, I've found that Diamond Jill and Motawaajed are winners of races that could achieve better ratings in the future.

1623775194982.png

db1

Yearling
Ive been abit quieter on here recently and tbh I think I've hit a wall and lost abit of confidence in my standard times, as a result for the time being I think I best revert back to using the RP standards for now, I assume as its only the AW I'm dealing with they are accurate to some degree? I think I need to do abit more research on the subject and require some more consistency. I believe I have the formula to produce a time converted to a 100 rated 9st horse but using these times via trend lines, equations or percentiles etcs I need some more work on, it's beyond my maths at times!

Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm not naive enough to believe I've got anything workable but its constant trial and error from what I've done so far and I don't feel I can bet in future without some sort of figures to hand.

Good luck and keep going as I've found your figures and times look really good.

SteveT

Gelding
Hi D db1
We all have bad days and even on good days we cant get it right all the time, just now i am finding it hard to get any kind of consistancy in my results.
One reason for this i think is because the AW races are few and far between so to speak not like in the winter months when they are racing every day at 2/3 courses just now we are lucky to get 2 meetings a week at 1 course, who knows what changes have occured the last race at chelmsford was 13 days ago.
I find even during the AW season i will have good runs with my figures then all of a sudden everything is turned upside down for a day or two. You just need to over look these runs once you get started, just have confidence in all the hard work you have put in so far, this speed rating game is not an easy task and you will always find yourself trying to improve things.
cheers
SteveT

db1

Yearling
My expectations of cracking this code were probably sitting at less than 1% it's a difficult job isn't it! I'll continue on of course, I'm sure this will be my 50th attempt or so at this, but the challenge of it is what keeps me so interested. Alot of work has already gone in, I'm up to date with results from the AW going back to 1/1/2019, I have various sheets within excel workbooks for each AW course, the ground work is there I guess its just still alot more trial and and even more error to get there.

SteveT

Gelding
Ah yes the challenge, thats what it's all about and once you get the bug it never ends. I have been doing this a long time now and i am never happy with my ratings all the time, i am always looking at different things to make my figures better.
When i get days like the past few where my bottom or low rated horses are winning more than my top or top 3 i begin to doubt myself and my methods, but it is what it is and i have learned to accept it.
cheers
SteveT

db1

Yearling
Update: So I've completely redone my standards for each AW course, removed all outliers and stuck to using the 15th percentile from those remaining. I've found this to be consistent for me and that's what I want my standards to hopefully be, consistent from course to course. Anyway, I'll be posting my winners ratings for the recent AW meetings and anything going forward from now on. When the AW meetings aren't on, I'll be using that time to rate as much as possible previous days/months of racing to hopefully build some form of database for future. How far back I go I've undecided yet. I've started with the recent wolves cards on the 21/6. Here are the winners ratings. On this particular card I used the 2 fastest/best in terms of performance v OR before going allowances.

Screenshot_20210623-182407_Office.jpg

db1

Yearling
Recent lingfield meetings on 17th and 14th June.
Ratings for the winners, I've used the 2 fastest/best performances in relation to their performance v OR.
Screenshot_20210623-194700_Office.jpg

Same again here. The 2 fastest v OR. Particular note here is the performance of Passion and Glory. A very high speed figure.

Screenshot_20210623-194819_Office.jpg