• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Dances at Wolves

elmoputney

Stallion
Right historically I seem to think I do OK at Wolves so I am going to try a Wolves special thread.

4:00 Cadeau Magnifique 9/4

I recall when the place was a turf course,i never got round to racing there but enjoyed some good earns.It appeared a very fair course but the AW version seems to attract more than its fair share of not clear run,interfered with etc.The course or the jockeys.?

I agree mick mick can be a dicey old place to play. Southwell Is the worst though the final 2 furlongs always seems slow motion. I have also had some good results at wolves especially on Friday nights for some reason. I like to keep things quite simple at Wolves. for me it's fast, prominent racing types , well drawn horses that you hope can get just in off the front pair then power on home off the bend. I don't see the point in making it too hard really.

I would have been interested in Suni Dancer but 0/11 at Wolves and only 7/2 makes it not worth the gamble IMO

I agree mick mick can be a dicey old place to play. Southwell Is the worst though the final 2 furlongs always seems slow motion. I have also had some good results at wolves especially on Friday nights for some reason. I like to keep things quite simple at Wolves. for me it's fast, prominent racing types , well drawn horses that you hope can get just in off the front pair then power on home off the bend. I don't see the point in making it too hard really.

I would have been interested in Suni Dancer but 0/11 at Wolves and only 7/2 makes it not worth the gamble IMO
I seldom watch the races i have bet on preferring just the commentary,sometimes i make an acceptation but can NEVER bring myself to do so at Southwell.Profit wise my figs stand up well enough there but it always appears to myself like Donkey rides on the beach.!

I don't really bet at Southwell on Sea anymore even the jumps are hard work. I had my first 33/1 winner there though Catherine Gannon rode a stormer as a claimer there and nothing was getting past her that day. She has landed me a few nice touches as well. I think its at Chepstow she can be a demon at too. I remember watching her take a weird line somewhere and trouncing the opposition think it was Chepstow anyway :confused::whistle:

Two nice winners there Elmo not my favourite the AW probably due to my inability to get a consistent handle on things although I am trying a system based on 5-6f that it is showing some promise light at the end of the tunnel etc anyway well played today!

just going to cover the 4:45 at Wolves today,

Dunquin 12/1 and Raashdy 6/1

I quite fancy Dunquin for this one Speedwise looks good, well drawn trainer has had 6 runners in the last 30 days and 4 of them have won, and i think the Adam Kirby driven Raashdy makes a good well drawn cover bet

back in the negatives

-1 overall

neither really got anywhere near today, I had high hopes too watching Dunquin get backed in from 12/1 to 9/2, but didn't get a good position from the start had to race wide and then didn't have anything to kick on with,

Back