retriever Very many thanks for your comments; I hope the day comes soon so that you can retire and indulge in your hobby.T The Equaliser Please don't take anything I say as criticism - I only want to help and develop other peoples knowledge, and my own, in the betting field.
I, for one, would love to be able to write essays on why I feel a horse may or may not win. I just don't have the time to follow horse racing in-depth at the moment and have to revert to systems for my selections - perhaps one day when 'I'm retired' - I know I would be good at it.
But I do know bookies/markets/odds/probabilities......and a bit of a spreadsheet geek.
So, with that in mind.....you say you are using Betfair Sportsbook? The prices you quote alongside your selections - are these the prices you have taken when placing your bet?
Then, unless you have been told otherwise by BS you will be getting BOG (Best Odds Guaranteed) - unlike me
So using Weds. Trixie as an example........ 3.40 Font (5) Bermeo 3/1, 4.30 Yar (9) Oud Metha Bridge 9/2
Bermeo had an SP of 5/1...........you would have got that price.
Oud Metha Bridge had an SP of 3/1.......you would have kept the 9/2 (if you had taken it, of course, at the time of placing your bet).
Makes a big difference to your return and of course if you win often the bookies will soon take away your BOG privilege.
Also, the 'cash out' price that bookies offer will be the return assuming that the remaining selections are 'non-runners' ie. the treble bet is classed as a double - the 2 doubles become singles etc... Don't quote me on that (I'm not 100% sure) but that's how the maths adds up for me.
One other thing, the £2 minimum you say need to have on Betfair SP is for singles.
If do multiplies (ie. Trixies) the minimum is for the TOTAL bet outlay - so you can do 4 x 50p if you want.
I hope that helps for the future when the bookies 'shut you down' for winning too much !!
PS. If you are speaking to a member directly put an @ in front of their name like retriever - then they will get an alert of your post (see the little bell symbol top right).
I copied this off Betfair :
BETFAIR SPORTSBOOK BEST ODDS GUARANTEED 14.6.19
- ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ is offered on UK and Irish horse race winner markets and selected UK and Irish greyhound race winner markets.
- Best Odds Guaranteed applies to any price taken on singles and multiples on the day of event race and applies to race winner markets only (win and each way). ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ is not available on ante-post markets.
- Where ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ is offered, bets will be settled at the Industry Starting Price (“SP”) if the SP is bigger than the price taken by the customer when they place their bet on the Betfair Sportsbook. For example, if the price taken on the Betfair Sportsbook is 3/1 and the SP is 4/1, we will pay out at the bigger price of 4/1.
- All races that are offering Best Odds Guaranteed are clearly labelled on the racecard.
- In the event of a Tattersalls Rule 4 deduction applying to a price taken, we will pay at the bigger odds after the Tattersalls Rule 4 deduction has been made to the price taken.
- Where no SP is returned, the last fixed odds price offered on the Betfair Sportsbook before the commencement of the race will be taken as the SP.
- Best Odds Guaranteed only applies to bets placed on the Betfair Sportsbook.
- Betfair reserves the right to withdraw the ‘Best Odds Guaranteed’ promotion at any time.
- The maximum Best Odds Guaranteed payout in any day is £50,000.
- Bets placed with Each Way Edge are not eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed.
I think that you are right about the way in which the multiples would have worked in teh event of a non-runner. This means that I did very well when I cashed out of my Trixie bet.
Yes, you are right about the Betfair minimum stake being £2 in total and that I could place a 50p Trixie under Betfair BSP multiples; I tested it out so as to prove it.
Not too sure if I am better off puting my bets through Sportsbook or using Betfair multiples BSP multiples? I think that I will stick with Sportsbook for now though.
Don't know why you can't get BOG on your bets; you could join Betfair?
Have a lovely weekend.
I have drawn a blank today so will be back tomorrow for anothe crack