• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Daily Racing Insight

2.35 Leicester hartswood

The official handicapper says the lto run was an improved one going by the OR change and the winner of that race was a previous winner so the form should be good. It was a 16 runner class 2 so the pace should have been good and hartswood led in the final furlong only to be passed by the winner.

Good luck today and stay well

The 13.06 Stratford looks an interesting Beginner chase with some top trainers represented. Only Paint the Dream has any meaningful chase experience
so as usual a bit of a guessing game. However Kim Bailey has a really good record in this type of race and runs Happygolucky who ran well in the Martin Pipe conditional at Cheltenham on his last start (finished just behind Great White Shark - subsequent grade B hurdles winner + Cesarewich)

l.png

The 13.06 Stratford looks an interesting Beginner chase with some top trainers represented. Only Paint the Dream has any meaningful chase experience
so as usual a bit of a guessing game. However Kim Bailey has a really good record in this type of race and runs Happygolucky who ran well in the Martin Pipe conditional at Cheltenham on his last start (finished just behind Great White Shark - subsequent grade B hurdles winner + Cesarewich)

View attachment 91048
Bailey is on fire at the moment - G luck

The market is undecided but Brave Way maybe worth monitoring in the 1.15 Down Royal. It's a step up from the maiden hurdle she won lto but the Trainer does have a good record from a small sample with this type of horse. Queen's Brook looks a solid favourite and she was 3rd in the Champion Bumper last March. An interesting contest.

kemp 4.35

Only a 5 runner listed race but looks a tight affair, my fancy is PALAVECINO who is about 15/2 which strikes me as fair given he is 2 from 2 at the track, is tenacious in a finish and knows how to win. His two most recent defeats have come with plenty of juice in the ground and can be forgiven both, there's every chance of an easy lead here plus he might the type of runner that can be traded in running if you fancy that sort of thing.

3.20 muss wed
Another race that might interest, 2m on good ground and the one that caught my eye is DORA DE JANEIRO 102 who has won over c/d in winning her novice hdl but like most times there are both negatives and positives in the form. On her debut she ran a decent enough race behind COOBERNATOR who won again on saturday (beat my fancy ) but she was also just behind a henderson horse called NEVILL'S CROSS now rated 130 albeit racing over further but other bits of form doesn't work as well.
DORA hasn't run for 251 days so who knows how fit she might be but she's 7/1 at the moment and the market might well be a guide between now and tomorrow.

The top weight and fav is THE BEEZ KNEEZ rated 118 has had a similar hurdling career but again you can find negatives and i can't quite see why there is 14lbs between them but just my opinion.

COMMANDING SPIRIT 3.30 HEXHAM

Micky Hammonds record in this race reads 1211 and Commanding Spirit is his representative this year. He shares very similar traits to the three winners in as much he had a prep at the track before winning this. Hammond has done very well with him as in the last year Commanding Spirit has saw his mark drop 20lbs. He was given the perfect prep for this last time and despite being a 12 race maiden under rules, Hammond knows exactly how to win this and the horse will be cherry ripe.

Mcgintys Dream is in good form but his mark has gone over 90. He is 0-3 in the 90s without placing. He isnt a big horse and he doesnt carry weight well. He is 0-8, never placed, when carrying more than 10-10.

Westend Theatre was showered and off to Hexham town centre before Mcgintys Dream finished when they met last December. That was Westend Theatres only ever win. He is 0-5 on his seasonal debut and last season he finished third beaten 17ls. On a line through the second he cant beat Commading Spirit on these terms.

A Ladies Milan would have a chance on good ground but his record on soft ground or slower reads 0-5, never placed.

Slainte Mhor is the second Lucinda Russell runner in the race. However, the record of the highest rated horse in handicap chases of 0-110 or less on heavy ground at Hexham reads 0-17 and horses that have to carry more than 11-8 are 0-14 so he has big negative trends to overcome.

Costly Dream was just under 4ls in front of Commanding Spirit when they met here last month and on similar terms he can be fancied to finish in front again. Difference here is the latter wasnt trying that day. Costly Dream is yet to place in four races on soft or heavy.

Rollerball Rocco is a weak finisher and doesnt stay a yard beyod 24f, 0-8, never placed. He is yet to place after a break/of 120 days or more, 0-3.

Too Wise Man has the weight stat to overcome. As well as the top weights being 0-17, the second top rated horses in 0-110 or less handicap chases on heavy at Hexham are 1-17.

Just Georgie comes from a yard bang out of form though the Smiths had three placed at Sedgefield on Thursday from three runners so maybe they are turning the corner. Just Georgie has been in decline for a while as he hasnt won since February 2018 and he hasnt placed since April 2018. The closest he has got to a winner was 19ls.

Farran Dancer has nothing to recommend him other than the fact he is a bad horses in a bad race.

Conclusion: This will be attritional in this ground and I dare say they will be walking at the finish. However, Micky Hammond knows how to win this and with his horse following the same path as Square Viviani, Frank The Slink and Verko, his chance is transparent. Commanding Spirit won his point by 25ls on heavy ground with 11-11 on his back. He will think he has been let loose with two stone less to carry.

Not my kind of race to be honest but because WESTEND THEARTRE has won over c/d and more importantly on heavy he would be my pick, no idea if he's fit enough but a lot of these will be strung out. His win over c/d by the way was ugly to watch in that he was almost walking after the last fence, attritional is the word for it.

COMMANDING SPIRIT 3.30 HEXHAM

Micky Hammonds record in this race reads 1211 and Commanding Spirit is his representative this year. He shares very similar traits to the three winners in as much he had a prep at the track before winning this. Hammond has done very well with him as in the last year Commanding Spirit has saw his mark drop 20lbs. He was given the perfect prep for this last time and despite being a 12 race maiden under rules, Hammond knows exactly how to win this and the horse will be cherry ripe.

Mcgintys Dream is in good form but his mark has gone over 90. He is 0-3 in the 90s without placing. He isnt a big horse and he doesnt carry weight well. He is 0-8, never placed, when carrying more than 10-10.

Westend Theatre was showered and off to Hexham town centre before Mcgintys Dream finished when they met last December. That was Westend Theatres only ever win. He is 0-5 on his seasonal debut and last season he finished third beaten 17ls. On a line through the second he cant beat Commading Spirit on these terms.

A Ladies Milan would have a chance on good ground but his record on soft ground or slower reads 0-5, never placed.

Slainte Mhor is the second Lucinda Russell runner in the race. However, the record of the highest rated horse in handicap chases of 0-110 or less on heavy ground at Hexham reads 0-17 and horses that have to carry more than 11-8 are 0-14 so he has big negative trends to overcome.

Costly Dream was just under 4ls in front of Commanding Spirit when they met here last month and on similar terms he can be fancied to finish in front again. Difference here is the latter wasnt trying that day. Costly Dream is yet to place in four races on soft or heavy.

Rollerball Rocco is a weak finisher and doesnt stay a yard beyod 24f, 0-8, never placed. He is yet to place after a break/of 120 days or more, 0-3.

Too Wise Man has the weight stat to overcome. As well as the top weights being 0-17, the second top rated horses in 0-110 or less handicap chases on heavy at Hexham are 1-17.

Just Georgie comes from a yard bang out of form though the Smiths had three placed at Sedgefield on Thursday from three runners so maybe they are turning the corner. Just Georgie has been in decline for a while as he hasnt won since February 2018 and he hasnt placed since April 2018. The closest he has got to a winner was 19ls.

Farran Dancer has nothing to recommend him other than the fact he is a bad horses in a bad race.

Conclusion: This will be attritional in this ground and I dare say they will be walking at the finish. However, Micky Hammond knows how to win this and with his horse following the same path as Square Viviani, Frank The Slink and Verko, his chance is transparent. Commanding Spirit won his point by 25ls on heavy ground with 11-11 on his back. He will think he has been let loose with two stone less to carry.

PRB's
1604652122522.png

not in this or any other today - but a general comment - the weather that Sue Smith has to contend with recently, the horses might be better of entering swimming contest's - however if they have been out working then the going coupled to a 10lb claim might well be significant

HorseJockeyTrainerAge
A Ladies Milan (IRE)Blair Campbell {3}Lucinda Russell
6​
Westend Theatre (IRE)Colm McCormackJane Walton
11​
Just GeorgieMr Alexander Fielding {10}Sue Smith
10​
Rollerball Rocco (IRE)Mr Charlie ToddCharles Pogson
8​
Costly Dream (IRE)Sam ColtherdWilliam Young Jnr
8​
Commanding Spirit (IRE)Billy Garritty {3}Micky Hammond
8​
Farran Dancer (IRE)Mr W T Shanahan {7}Robert Smith
7​
Slainte Mhor (IRE)Thomas Willmott {3}Lucinda Russell
6​
Mcginty's Dream (IRE)Grant CockburnN W Alexander
9​
Too Wise Man (IRE)Dale IrvingMaurice Barnes
8​

it is a weird journey to take just for the joy of it

Yes and for myself also some good memory's. I have previously posted the Import - Wokingham - wedding story but there where others. Bill was a proper character back in the day and having a punt played a part. :)

Cheers I see Amazon have so will order up so I can have a read instead of locked down to screens all day long :)

Back