• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Daily Racing Insight

I know! I've started submitting an in-running lay at low odds and it's served me well this week for some of the rogues I've picked who have flattered to deceive - Atalanta Queen last night comes to mind:)

Spiritofthegames is consistent but frustrating for punters. On his first two runs after wind surgery he was poor, but in the three since then he has run fine races without winning. Tomorrow’s 4.32 race at Chepstow offers him almost perfect conditions, assuming no significant change in the going, on which he has won 2 from 4.

Over the trip he is 3 from 3. At the track he is I from 1. His yard looks to be coming nicely into form, and Harry Skelton, stable jockey, takes the ride on this, one of three runners for brother Dan.

At around 7/2 I can’t claim he is value, but if he cannot win this he will probably struggle to win anything at this level. Of his market competitors, the most tipped in the Racing Post is The Bay Birch, who won this last year. That win was under Sean Bowen; Stan Sheppard rides now. And that win was also on the horse’s seasonal debut. He was odds on next time but finished last, and I wonder if the best of him is seen first time out. If so, then they might have blown it by running him 19 days ago. He went well there to finish 3rd.

I can find a case against most of the others except Jonjo’s new recruit, 7-y-o Punches Cross, who’s come from Joseph O’Brien for whom he was quite consistent. If there’s a market move for him it would make me nervous and push me into having a saver.

Good luck

Joe

Steeplechasing Steeplechasing Good luck - I have also got him on the shortlist tomorrow - he also looks suited by the long undulating track/run-in and forecast going at this distance. My worry is his jumping. The Bay Birch ran well considering his weight lto on faster than ideal ground. Old Garde la victoire also goes well fresh. This is Crievehill's time of year. In the absence of any trends I will probably sit it out...

4.05 Limerick - Dreal Deal

Although his form profile is the thing of nightmares - just look a the previous SPs on the flat! There is no denying the trainer has a knack with these handicap shorties when the time is right.

22.jpg

Careful market monitoring nearer the off perhaps is the key.

one.jpg

SKY PIRATE 4.10 WETHERBY

The Bobby Renton was Sky Pirate's target last season and he was travelling much the best when tipping up at the fourth last. He had a quiet campaign after that so not to affect his official rating and he arrives back at Wetherby off the same mark as last year. There is a tenuous form line that says Sky Pirate can't beat Storm Control but Storm Control may well end up in a pace battle. Sky Pirate is owned by Martin Tedham hence the booking of Nick Schofield.
Sky Pirates record on his seasonal debut reads 112F and considering he would have been first or second when he fell in this last year it looks like the time to catch him is fresh. He was cantering all over The Young Master a couple of years ago when he was brought down at Cheltenham and although he has yet to win a chase he has four seconds from 8 starts.
It is a competitive renewal but Sky Pirate could well be a 140s horse and off 132 he has to be supported.

The Bobby Renton is steeped in history with it run in the memory of the Ripon trainer who trained the 1950 Grand National winner Freebooter in front of half a million people packed into Aintree. Health and safety would have something to say about that these days. Lurline Brotherton who owned Freebooter was the owner who sold Red Rum for 6k after Bobby paid £1400 to buy him out of a seller. There are a few trainers/owners who like to win this race because of its historic connection and Jonjo is one of them.

Best of luck with Sky Pirate today mlmrob mlmrob , there is a similar write up by Keith Melrose on page 11 of today's Racing Post where he concludes by agreeing with you - " It is no exaggeration to say his talent could be a stone in excess of his current BHA mark ".

Back