• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Daily Racing Insight

markfinn

Sire
Sorry forgot to put this up they had Tizzard treading water at best

1604731276155.png

after yesterday 14day PRB improved to 36.02 so improving - just for for the record all 3 of those Tizzard races were won by trainers who were improving at 14days

1604732707475.png

so not necessarily best trainer on PRB in the race but stables were on the up on previous measure

Protektorat was a horse I noted last season in the hope he’d win the Coral Cup (he finished 10th). He was always keen in his racing and Skelton tried to settle him by dropping him in near the back, but he never reached his potential over hurdles.

On his fencing debut at Carlisle three weeks ago, new tactics were tried and seemed to suit him admirably. He made all, and I suspect that had more to do with his decisive performance than the change of discipline. He jumped like an old hand, impressing with his efficiency; nothing flash, just rhythm from fence to fence, though he’s not the most impressive mover in the world. He’ll bring back memories for those old enough to remember Ted McMinn the footballer.

If he jumps as he did at Carlisle I think he’ll win this on his way to better things. One note of caution on jumping; some novice chasers who put in a fine round on debut, find it difficult to jump as cleanly next time. I don’t know why, but do know it happens from time to time. No way of telling if that will affect Protektorat today, but bear it in mind with your staking.

Good luck

Saturday

In the race that was the Mackeson Gold Cup when I first got into racing I cannot recall an uncompetitive running. Mackeson have long gone, and Paddy Power now sponsor. This looks a hot running at first glance, but there are two in it who ought to end the season in graded races: Simply The Betts and Mister Fisher.

On talent and potential I find them hard to separate. Mister Fisher is the younger by a year, and has had three races fewer. What might do for him here is the trip. I doubt he’ll be at his best over this far in this race, which should call for a fair depth of stamina. He ran a fine race when 4th to Samcro over this distance in March, looking tired at the last and coming home at one pace. Before that he’d beaten Al Dancer comfortably over 2m at Doncaster, having idled as he had also done when winning at Cheltenham over an extended 20f.

But Mister Fisher had strengthened quite a bit from the prevous season and if he has done so again this summer he might well see this trip out better. The drying ground should suit him very well indeed, whereas Simply The Betts has run his best races on soft. But he has won twice on good and his trainer Harry Whittington believes he’s a better horse on decent ground. The forecast for tomorrow is good to soft (no rain incoming until after 4pm according to the professionals).

Simply The Betts has won 4 of his 5 steeplechases (2nd in the other after several mistakes and slipping). He gives me the impression that he’s still learning how to organise himself, and I think there’s quite a bit more to come. As to the trip, he’ll relish every yard and I’m hoping he’ll put himself in the Ryanair picture here. Whereas Mister Fisher idles, Simply The Betts just won’t give up, as he showed at the festival after being headed by Happy Diva, who looked to be going the better at the last. But the Whittington horse battled back and won going away.

Whatever happens, it’ll be good to see these two very promising young horses back for another season.

Having been ready to back Simply The Betts win only, Skybet’s standout EW to 6 places drew me in and that’s what I’ve taken.

Good luck

tacker

Mare
MACKESON
Has ever a difficult puzzle to solve and in truth i'm reduced to guessing that the 5 yr old SAINT SONNET might be better this year and with stable in top form will have a chance.

mlmrob

Sire
The thing with the Paddy Power Gold Cup is, it is on the old course and since they moved the second last closer to the last fence in 2010 the last two fences are pretty close together. The trends I have only concern renewals from 2010 onwards.

10-10 WINNERS HAD RUN AT PRESTBURY PARK AT LEAST TWICE.
Thats on either the old course or the new course. Those horses that hadn't been to the track at least twice have returned 0-41.

8-10 WINNERS CARRIED BETWEEN 10-2 AND 11-0.
Those outside that range have returned 2-104 and the two that carried the extra burden were Al Ferof in 2012 and Taquin De Seuil in 2016.

Combining the two trends has found 8 of the 10 winners including the last three and six of the last seven.

They leave six to concentrate on this year.

Coole Cody, Sky Pirate, The Russian Doyen, Brelan Das, Fidux, Kauto Riko.

In the last 23 years no horse has won this having gone more than six races since their last win which immediately eliminates Kauto Riko and Sky Pirate.

There is enough in the four left to muster a profit.