• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Daily Racing Insight

MR ORANGE 1.25 PONTEFRACT

This is Mr Orange's time of year. His record at Pontefract in July and August over 6f on good to firm, good, or good to soft reads 5-9. 5-8 off marks of less than 80. The record improves to 5-5 when racing in weeks 28-31. All five wins have come from stalls 2-11. Graham Lee is 2-3 on the horse under those conditions and Mr Orange drops in class after running okay in his prep.
Done me a couple of favour's at Ponte but also frustrated me at other times - Good luck

1.55 newc
The only thing that struck me in this race was how many of the runners are creeping up in the weights while KNIGHTCAP appears to be going down, nothing too clever in the numbers but i think 9/1 on offer is fair enough even though she doesn't have any course form.

1.55 newc
The only thing that struck me in this race was how many of the runners are creeping up in the weights while KNIGHTCAP appears to be going down, nothing too clever in the numbers but i think 9/1 on offer is fair enough even though she doesn't have any course form.

Only runner here stepping down in class oddly most are stepping up in distance also.

See your logic good luck

ARECIBO 3.15 HAYDOCK

For a horse that has won just one race, Arecibo has some top form in the book. Just a year ago he was rated 100 and finished second to Maygold carrying 9-12 in a 0-100. He returned in June in the Group 3 Palace House when he run a respectable eigth off 102. After running down the field in the Wokingham; he was given far too much to do behind Camacho Chief off 97 in a 0-95. He was then made favourite for a 0-100 at Ascot but was basically beaten up a couple of times when making his run. Last time he was once again given too much to do in the same race as Makanah and Jabbarockie and finished with his head in his chest. He is 1lb better off with Makanah and meets Jabbarockie on the same terms.
The key to Arecibo is small fields. He has only ever raced in fields of 8 or less runners three times and returned the figures 122. He gets in here off 96 and with Prince Des Sables and Jabbarockie sure to keep the pace true he will have something to aim at without meeting traffic.
David O Meara has done well in handicaps since the restart. In handicaps worth less than 12k he has returned 23-185. However, those that go off at 3/1 or less improve the figures to 13-30. In July the record read 111111233215143231.

Hi Chesham

Interested in this and never looked at it before

Probably under used by HRB Subscribers, But a quick way to get horses to follow is to follow winner of a Trend Race if they re favourite NTO

this example of just 2 Trend Races would see a strike rate of 14/15 by Backing winners of these Races if they are Favourite NTO

How do you follow them in future races? Do you have to put each winner into your tracker for every trend race you want to use or is there an easier way....Thanks for any help you provide

2.40 ayr cl 4 3yr old plus.

Horse that catches my eye is c/d winner DICK DATCHERY, I think you could argue that his ayr win has been boosted by one or two in behind so we need to look at his last run at donny where he struggled until staying on late to get 3rd, trying to make excuses for that run might not be needed but maybe the ground was a little quick for him, in any case it might have been fine in that 3yr only class4....not sure what to say but if all this headgear can keep him sweet again he looks to have every chance. His draw 14 his similar to his win here 11 so is he good enough ? maybe ?
The top horse is getting down to a dangerous mark now and i'm a little surprised at the 33/1 outsider but being a fan of O'meara & Tudhope i will be watching the market with interest.

edit....Ground gone soft, hard to know if he can handle it.

Last edited:
8.30 kemp SEPTEMBER POWER
Little of note as a 2yr old but upped to 10f for seasonal debut off 63 she looked short of pace throughout only to stay final furlong after the jockey accepted the situation. She then went to lingfield 12f and traveled much better and battled her way to victory off a mark of 62, today she goes the other way round kemp 12f and i suspect she might benefit from a stronger pace from new mark of 67 with De Sousa taking the ride again.

8.30 kemp SEPTEMBER POWER
Little of note as a 2yr old but upped to 10f for seasonal debut off 63 she looked short of pace throughout only to stay final furlong after the jockey accepted the situation. She then went to lingfield 12f and traveled much better and battled her way to victory off a mark of 62, today she goes the other way round kemp 12f and i suspect she might benefit from a stronger pace from new mark of 67 with De Sousa taking the ride again.

I've also done September Power T tacker , even though I think she may be hurdling soon.

I was concerned about the price, but 3yo's are 9 from 11 in August over C&D. The last two winners were older, but one was a German import on h/cap debut for Alan King and the other never raced as a 2yo.

I tried to find hope in Phoenix Aquilus and Her Indoors, but the former's sire has yet to produce a winning staying 3yo on the a/w and there's simply not enough to encourage me with Her Indoors.

The leaves to front three in the market, all lto winners at Lingfield, but to my eyes September Power but in the most impressive performance, with very little track to get running.

The race looks to have fell apart for Machios in a 6 runner event.

Ravens Ark concerns me the most, but even though she hit 190 lto, the race was actually run to suit.

I've also done September Power T tacker , even though I think she may be hurdling soon.

I was concerned about the price, but 3yo's are 9 from 11 in August over C&D. The last two winners were older, but one was a German import on h/cap debut for Alan King and the other never raced as a 2yo.

I tried to find hope in Phoenix Aquilus and Her Indoors, but the former's sire has yet to produce a winning staying 3yo on the a/w and there's simply not enough to encourage me with Her Indoors.

The leaves to front three in the market, all lto winners at Lingfield, but to my eyes September Power but in the most impressive performance, with very little track to get running.

The race looks to have fell apart for Machios in a 6 runner event.

Ravens Ark concerns me the most, but even though she hit 190 lto, the race was actually run to suit.
Obviously your approach is far more comprehensive than mine and I'm appreciative of the input and the willingness to share the blame.

Machios for me

LTO did a Fly Jump leaving the stalls and then was little bit too lit up and was fighting for his head. Did well to win and the front two pulled away from the rest. Tonight’s likely pace should give him cover .

Balding knows the Dam progeny well And looks to zoned the horse to have a chance of adding to his record

69C9ED0F-C140-45E0-8332-20C58FC990DF.jpeg20ABAE3C-DABC-48B2-8D7E-43CB9558CB73.jpeg

At a bigger price I thought the top weight Ilhabela Fact had a chance of a place. He goes well over this C/D and it's a while since he tried this lower grade off 72 - he has a good place record in class 5. You have to forgive some indifferent runs over the last year but he has been all over the place distance wise and the handicapper has finally relented - currently 14/1 BF

doomster doomster I agree with you but It was interesting because I feel many people just think the WFA automatically gives the 3yo an advantage; but as you know it comes into its own over the longer distances like the 8.30. I think this is the reason that they allowed Delilah Park the 6yo in the 5.00, a horse that has recent form figures over C/D (including higher class) 21210 to go off at 33/1 over the 7 furlong.
Tony Carroll has 2 in this race and the intent might be to get a few lbs off for a go in a less 3yo infested event? Although his 2nd runner appears to be shortening.

Last edited:
Back