• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

CORONAVIRUS COVID-19

I work in a supermarket & it is a strict regime here.

Wear your mask or else.

Last week the colleagues were threatened with the sack if seen within 2 meters of each other.

Yet

there is no limiting of customers allowed in the shop at any one time

and the

managers / sections leaders at my workplace (the same who threatened the colleagues with the sack)

do what they f.......... want.

To say I am p........ off is an understatement.
Hi Pinemartin,
The supermarket workers along with the carers and the NHS have all been risking it on the front line and have kept the country going through this covid pandemic.To think any of you could be threatened with the sack whilst petty managers flout the rules would piss me off as well.:(:(:(
Kenny

Still some are refusing the vaccination - so lockdown will and must continue if only self perpetuated / regulated - to many are set to refuse the vaccination and for many different reasons - message is simple - head down get your dose and stay bubbled until autumn by then all that want it should have had it and will be enrolled for the annual booster and then it every man for himself if the nay sayer's catch they can not then infect you - let em suffer in their ignorance

Still some are refusing the vaccination - so lockdown will and must continue if only self perpetuated / regulated - to many are set to refuse the vaccination and for many different reasons - message is simple - head down get your dose and stay bubbled until autumn by then all that want it should have had it and will be enrolled for the annual booster and then it every man for himself if the nay sayer's catch they can not then infect you - let em suffer in their ignorance
If you haven't proof of vaccination you can't come in, seems reasonable to me and will increasingly become the mantra.

If you haven't proof of vaccination you can't come in, seems reasonable to me and will increasingly become the mantra.
its some of those that are here, that bothers me - as the general majority get the vaccination apathy will creep in - bubbles - hand face - distancing etc will be mentally relaxed - causing more problems -

The one point you make there if all travel were ruled by a vaccination passport both in and out - crossing borders etc - then that would be a big step forward - imagine the chaos - probably a step to far for HMG

Last edited:
its some of those that are that bothers me - as the general majority get the vaccination apathy will creep in - bubbles - hand face - distancing etc will be mentally relaxed - causing more problems -

The one point you make there if all travel were ruled by a vaccination passport both in and out - crossing borders etc - then that would be a big step forward - imagine the chaos - probably a step to far for HMG
If these vaccines do the job we expect of them then it follows that lets say 12 months from now the people getting sick and having to go in hospital will be those that haven't had the vaccine, anything less than that will encourage those naysayers to claim they were right all along.

Last edited:
If these vaccines do the job we expect of them then it follows that lets say 12 from now the people getting sick and having to go in hospital will be those that haven't had the vaccine, anything less than that will encourage those naysayers to claim they were right all along.
People die every year of the flue - it something that we have to live with - but to refuse an offered protection is not sense - measles jabs - polio - sear belts - crash helmets - drink driving - 5 veg a day - green cross code - its a very long list - some will never listen , does that make them right - we live in a democracy and the majority vote ( it generally) works - science is facts opinions are just wind - give me pthe facts and I can make my own mind up - so can everyone. When they banned smoking inside pubs loads of people complained - friends and family included - but why should I and others be polluted by others habits - I love a pint but dont piss on others shoes . If the naysayers and conspiracy theorists want something to ponder , try this - this whole epedemic started somewhere - all science and the WHO reckon it was started in a lab in Whuhan there the have stalled the experts access to the area , all the while spreading the rumour that actually it started in Italy , a democractic country that is constantly on the edge of bankruptcy and not known for either its economic or military ambitions.

Last edited:
If these vaccines do the job we expect of them then it follows that lets say 12 from now the people getting sick and having to go in hospital will be those that haven't had the vaccine, anything less than that will encourage those naysayers to claim they were right all along.
If the vaccines work then all well and good,but there has to be an effective plan b if(as in china) the vaccines dont work.There is a serious lack of planning and information about what to do.But I certainly wouldn't put my faith in a bunch of vaccines that took around three months to be developed and are not tested at all.And I certainly wouldn't encourage the sentiment of making vaccines compulsory.
The way I look at it is that the present crisis is a result of the government allowing a field day last summer, actively encouraging people to get out and about and go eat in restaurants for half price,keeping pubs open,allowing people to travel abroad and all over the UK,keeping open non essential shopsThe list goes on and on!.All this whilst we were in the grip of a pandemic.Then the feckers tried to tell is it was all sytems go for Xmas.
Then they invent and media distribute the mantra that if you dont want the jab you are putting someone else's life at risk.....after months of the government shoving everyone's head into the lions mouth!!!
So I'm sorry but when they tell us that the jab is an elixir and it wil all be over by the summer I just dont believe them.
Kenny

kenny jones kenny jones while i would not disagree with some of your above, for myself the most telling situation was that the real reason the Gov initially wanted to enable a several day relaxing of the rules over xmas was that they concluded that many would not follow the rules for none or lesser. I am not a fan or supporter of Johnson and Co but in this instance imo we all need to first look to ourselves.

If the vaccines work then all well and good,but there has to be an effective plan b if(as in china) the vaccines dont work.There is a serious lack of planning and information about what to do.But I certainly wouldn't put my faith in a bunch of vaccines that took around three months to be developed and are not tested at all.And I certainly wouldn't encourage the sentiment of making vaccines compulsory.
The way I look at it is that the present crisis is a result of the government allowing a field day last summer, actively encouraging people to get out and about and go eat in restaurants for half price,keeping pubs open,allowing people to travel abroad and all over the UK,keeping open non essential shopsThe list goes on and on!.All this whilst we were in the grip of a pandemic.Then the feckers tried to tell is it was all sytems go for Xmas.
Then they invent and media distribute the mantra that if you dont want the jab you are putting someone else's life at risk.....after months of the government shoving everyone's head into the lions mouth!!!
So I'm sorry but when they tell us that the jab is an elixir and it wil all be over by the summer I just dont believe them.
Kenny
Kenny come on - you are an intelligent bloke - this 3 month vaccine is actually based on 50 odd years of research - the virus in itself is not new only a new variant -

as for the rest who could do better - I appreciate there has to be some kind of balancing the precarious financial situation - unfortunately our economy is based on consumer spending - they might do it differently on Mars but here it is what is and we need to spend to create revenue to fund NHS etc - I agree there have been some big mistakes made and with hindsight they look even worse and still some dickhead MPs complain that "our area is not as infected and we should be treated differently" and others that act in the human way that dictates that the rules are only for others , but on the big stuff, I doubt there has not been as many dangers in taking the opposite option at any given time.

It will not be over - ever - but by September ( on the current time scales all that want it should have had it by then) those that are inoculated will be able to continue with life with some certainty that they have protected themself's and those around them.

Hi Marfinn,
I entirely agree that there is 50(if not more) years of development behind the vaccine,but it certianly is not as simple as that.If it was that easy then scientists would have created anticipatory vaccines for most scenarios.This has certainly not happened,if you re-read the article you will see that it has been more or less a history of indifference to developing an effective SARS.Covid jab...why!!
ken

Hi Marfinn,
I entirely agree that there is 50(if not more) years of development behind the vaccine,but it certianly is not as simple as that.If it was that easy then scientists would have created anticipatory vaccines for most scenarios.This has certainly not happened,if you re-read the article you will see that it has been more or less a history of indifference to developing an effective SARS.Covid jab...why!!
ken
I dont need to re read but your question - Why ? - because it not threatened the western world in this way before - they cannot develop a vaccine for anticipated problems - believe me the drive is to cure cancers etc - not the common cold - once something becomes a threat to national security they will act , but they cannot cover all eventualities - research never stops and many respiratory problem's and strands of research are interrelated and can be used safely across the board other diseases not so, they need a specific solution - Polio - Measles -

This is a very difficult problem - we are surrounded by thousands of viruses and fungi spores that we all breath in and out on average 20,000 per day cross infecting that exhaled breath with anything that we might have in our lungs.

I know of one research establishment that when carrying their regular degassing and cleansing operations to the sterile areas - discovered a fungi that has only ever been found before in Dolphin Lungs this place is 50 mile from nearest cost line ? . Once these things are air born they are loose and can find their way around the atmosphere.

A friends daughter who works for a private practice as a dental nurse got the jab last Thursday ,she has just turned 27
I asked her how was it that she got the jab before anyone in local care homes and she informs me she is a 'front line medical professional'....but she isn't is she?she is working for a private company out to screw the public .
If these vaccines are any good,then I defend her right to take her position in the pecking order, as a 27 year old healthy girl she should be way down the bottom of the pecking order.I would also defend her right to have it if she was front line NHS,but not as a dental nurse working for a couple of porsche owning dentists.
Ken

A friends daughter who works for a private practice as a dental nurse got the jab last Thursday ,she has just turned 27
I asked her how was it that she got the jab before anyone in local care homes and she informs me she is a 'front line medical professional'....but she isn't is she?she is working for a private company out to screw the public .
If these vaccines are any good,then I defend her right to take her position in the pecking order, as a 27 year old healthy girl she should be way down the bottom of the pecking order.I would also defend her right to have it if she was front line NHS,but not as a dental nurse working for a couple of porsche owning dentists.
Ken
My youngest Daughter (32) initially said she wouldn't have the Vaccine but had a change of mind and had it last Sunday,she qualified due to working for the NHS (in an admin role) but she left the NHS on Tuesday to start a new admin job in a high school....you actually couldn't make it up.
The fact that since the start of the Pandemic only 388 people under the age of 60 without underlying health conditions have died from Covid makes it all the more nonsensical that these people are ahead of over 65's.

nicksar nicksar - according to Sir Patrick Vallance on Peston, earlier this week, about 25 % of those in hospital currently are under 55 years old.

I do agree with your point in general, but also feel that when we are asking people to work on the front line, we should offer them the highest level of protection we have available to us.

The difficulty then though centres around what "front line" is - and I think this Pandemic has been very good at exposing the fact that there are an awful lot of ^the little people" who are essential to the functioning of our day to day lives.

Back