• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Compiling Speed figures.

What did we make of Bolshoi Ballet on Sunday? Visually I was impressed and I have him top of my figures from last weeks trials

Bolshoi Ballet99
Youth Spirit97
El Drama88
Third Realm76

I know Bolshoi Ballet destroyed its opposition but is he head & shoulders above others in the Derby because it is such a weak race this year(that seems to be said every year) a TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother speed figure of 80 is hardly earth shattering in a normal Group 1 race

@
TheBluesBrother
TheBluesBrother speed figure of 80 is hardly earth shattering in a normal Group 1 race
Remember it is only a speed figure with no WFA added, Bolshoi Ballet looked impressive beating a weak field.

RP WFA 1m2f 3yo 12lbs

Course notes:
The strength of this form is open to debate, with Mac Swiney surely not running up to scratch but this con of Galileo could do no more than trounce them and is a deserving Derby favourite on the back of this performance.

Mike.

Last edited:
Speed figure 80 running to a handicap mark on the day of 96, going +0.14s/f (good).

View attachment 100242

Mike.
Thanks Mike. My figures tend to be around ~20pts higher than yours usually so feels in the right ball park.
Last year going into the Derby I had Serpentine top with 97 so that's a decent comparison.
Unfortunately for me I'd just started doing my own figures, and because of his price I assumed I'd made an error and didn't back him :clap:

My ratings for the four same horses, my Derby ante post bet High Definition runs in the Dante on Thursday and hoping he's recovered from his ailment

Bolshoi Ballet (IRE)90
El Drama (IRE)81
Youth Spirit (IRE)77
Third Realm76

I know Bolshoi Ballet destroyed its opposition but is he head & shoulders above others in the Derby because it is such a weak race this year(that seems to be said every year) a TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother speed figure of 80 is hardly earth shattering in a normal Group 1 race
I have Bolshoi Ballet rated very highly from this race, very rare for a 3yo over this type of distance to record such a fast time, will take a good one to beat him, the odds tell the story.

only Wings Of Eagles has needed to run faster in winning the Derby in recent years than Bolshoi Ballet has already achieved, and of course Bolshoi achieved his time in a trial without being pushed to his limit, with the run comment 'easily'.
Not a rating that can't be bettered and not a certainly but all things considered his short price is very fair.

*HORSESPEED
Serpentine (IRE)
Wings Of Eagles (FR)
Masar (IRE)
Anthony Van Dyck (IRE)

Remember it is only a speed figure with no WFA added, Bolshoi Ballet looked impressive beating a weak field.

RP WFA 1m2f 3yo 12lbs

Course notes:
The strength of this form is open to debate, with Mac Swiney surely not running up to scratch but this con of Galileo could do no more than trounce them and is a deserving Derby favourite on the back of this performance.

Mike.
Hi Mike,

Do you know where i can get a updated version of the RP WFA

The one i have shows for 3yo over 10f in May 14lbs

Might it be of interest if a race was chosen and all the time lads had a bash at some ratings or selections similar to the ukbf common race davejb davejb ? Might create plenty of interest i would have thought.
Yes T tacker i would not mind seeing this speed thing in action is the only real testing for me i dont use speed now personally.

Hello all,

Here is my updated top 2yo ratings over 50+. Credit TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother as usual for his IRE ratings

There are some nice 2yo races over the next couple of days to look forward too

RaceTimeMeetingDateClassPlaceAgeDistanceGoingHorseTrainerORSF
1:35Ascot28-Apr-21Class 2125fGood To FirmChipotleEve Johnson Houghton-61
4:15Newmarket2-May-21Class 3125fGood To FirmDig TwoHugo Palmer-60
2:30Brighton27-Apr-21Class 5125f60ydsGood To FirmNavelloGeorge Boughey-59
1:35Ascot28-Apr-21Class 2225fGood To FirmThe GatekeeperMark Johnston-58
5:00Nottingham7-May-21Class 5125f8ydsGood To SoftFlaming RibTom Dascombe-57
2:15Ripon15-Apr-21Class 5125fGoodKhunanRichard Fahey-56
4:45Doncaster24-Apr-21Class 5125f3ydsGood To FirmArmorRichard Hannon-55
1:15Newmarket14-Apr-21Class 4125fGoodDesert DreamerStuart Williams-54
4:40Tipperary (IRE)20-Apr-21125fYieldingEllipticDonnacha Aidan O'Brien-54
1:45Beverley11-May-21Class 5125fGood To SoftAleezdancerKevin Ryan-53
1:45Chester5-May-21Class 2125f15ydsGood To SoftNavelloGeorge Boughey-53
2:00Pontefract28-Apr-21Class 4225f3ydsGood To FirmKhunanRichard Fahey-53
1:40Beverley22-Apr-21Class 5125fGood To FirmOut In YorkshireMark Johnston-52
4:45Doncaster24-Apr-21Class 5225f3ydsGood To FirmEl CaballoK R Burke-52
1:00Salisbury2-May-21Class 3225fGoodOut In YorkshireMark Johnston-52
1:25Naas (IRE)26-Apr-21125f205ydsGoodContarelli ChapelA P O'Brien-52
1:00Ayr26-Apr-21Class 3125fGood To FirmVintage ClaretsRichard Fahey-52
1:50Nottingham27-Apr-21Class 5125f8ydsGood To FirmFabiosaDavid Evans-51
1:35Newmarket13-Apr-21Class 4125fGoodForca BrasilGeorge Boughey-51
1:15Newmarket14-Apr-21Class 4225fGoodBellarena LadyEd Dunlop-51
1:10Dundalk (AW) (IRE)10-Apr-21125fStandardCadamostoA P O'Brien-51
4:15Newmarket2-May-21Class 3225fGood To FirmSecret StrengthRichard Hannon-51
1:40Beverley14-Apr-21Class 5125fGood To FirmBoonieKevin Ryan-50
4:05Kempton (AW)31-Mar-21Class 5125fStandard To SlowThunder LoveGeorge Boughey-50
1:00Salisbury2-May-21Class 3125fGoodSilver Bullet LadyRoger Charlton-50
5:20Windsor26-Apr-21Class 4125f21ydsGood To FirmSpring Is SprungMichael Bell-50
3:05Ascot8-May-21Class 3125fSoftGo Bears GoDavid Loughnane-50

Yes T tacker i would not mind seeing this speed thing in action is the only real testing for me i dont use speed now personally.
It definitely brings something new to the betting picture. Just got to find your own way of making it work , seeing what's effective and what isn't.
Best way to do it I think is just to bet it, it's the only true test. Spreadsheets and paper tests only get you so far in my opinion

It definitely brings something new to the betting picture. Just got to find your own way of making it work , seeing what's effective and what isn't.
Best way to do it I think is just to bet it, it's the only true test. Spreadsheets and paper tests only get you so far in my opinion

I would imagine with shorter races they could be best and around 9 stone if that is what they are calculated to now, i use to use the split second ones, but the trouble is knowing the right going when betting that was the main problem i had with them, so in the end i just used them as a general guide to the pace overall of a qualifying race.

I would imagine with shorter races they could be best and around 9 stone if that is what they are calculated to now, i use to use the split second ones, but the trouble is knowing the right going when betting that was the main problem i had with them, so in the end i just used them as a general guide to the pace overall of a qualifying race.
When it comes to the going, if I have a speed figure that was on ground within one description of what I'm expecting then I'm happy, otherwise it gets a bit too much like splitting hairs and you're relying on a clerks description. So if I've got figure on soft I'm happy to trust the figure for Good-Soft / Heavy. But I would probably run a line through it if it was running on Good or better next time out.
Hope that makes sense!

Back