• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Compiling Speed figures.

The horse that caught the eye yesterday was Fanion D'Estruval.

FANION D'ESTRUVAL cruised home a really easy winner on his British debut, jumping most of these obstacles fluently with the last down the back an exception. He was 2-2 in chases during the summer for Guillame Macaire and clearly got in with a good deal in hand of his mark. It could well be that handicaps will be out now for the 4yo, who received a 7lb weight-for-age allowance.

Yesterday's top NH speed figures:
291119Table.png

291119.png

Mike.

TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother

Last night I looked for a solution to find the allowance but without results, I tried with the GOLD values by removing the biggest and smallest but nothing, then I took the biggest poid and nothing either.
Can we, if possible, direct me to a solution if I don’t abuse your sharing of course?

It's a real shame it's a pointless betting race from a backing point of view, but I will be aiming to take on BD even if he is going for the hatrick.

Henderson failed for three years with Binnocular and I don't think BD is a shoe in, even if the race cuts up. he did get turned over at 1/4 less than a year ago.

The wife wasn't impressed that we couldn't go out until the FF had finished.

Having laid at 1/3 and thinking it would either be called off or BD would get a walk-over, I had to take him on again, as I really felt it was a free hit yesterday when he was 1.16.

The fact NH got the first 3 home in the big race at Newbury later would not have swayed me.

It did appear in the earlier races, it was Cup Final day for a few and prep day for a few of the others.

the standardtimes file, you used the standard times as reference in the races to have the comparison because on the site racingpost, there is a difference in the comparison?

They will not be the same because they were compiled by two different people, Dave Edwards compiles the standard times for the RP and the other set of standard times were compiled by me.

Mike.

Ruby Walsh tipped up Carefully Selected on ITV yesterday, he made a few jumping errors in yesterday's race and still managed a speed figure of 118.

CAREFULLY SELECTED, a former point-to-point winner who finished second in the 2018 Champion Bumper at Cheltenham under this rider, made a successful chasing debut, while not always convincing in his jumping. He appeared to go out to his left at times and wasn't efficient at his early obstacles but he jumped better in the final mile, albeit he did well to survive slightly losing his hind end two out. His class saw him through to the line and he should improve from this, physically looking one who could take a step forward from the run.

QUOTES: He was good, I suppose he was entitled to do that. From looking at him, there'll probably be a bit more to come from him. He had a bit of class that got him through. He made a few novicey mistakes but should be a nice staying novice chaser for the season - Danny Mullins, rider of CAREFULLY SELECTED

CS.PNG

Yesterday's top NH speed figures:
301119Table.png

301119.png

Mike.

Last edited:
They will not be the same because they were compiled by two different people, Dave Edwards compiles the standard times for the RP and the other set of standard times were compiled by me.

Mike.

TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother

thank you

your standard times are the records of each distance where the average of the 25 best times?
as I start to make my figures, I wouldn’t want to be wrong

An excellent card at Fairyhouse today.

Envoi Allen in the 1.:00 is the horse to watch, his best speed figure is a 104 when winning a Leopardstown bumper, Envoi Allen is going to have to up his game because in this race there is a 20/1 shot Soviet Pimpernel who earned a speed figure of 118 when finishing second to Quel Destin (best speed figure 127) at Cheltenham.

I hope that Envoi Allen produces a big speed figure today because I do not want to add him to my list of hype horses, I expect to see a figure in the region of 125+

Fairyhouse card attached, my speed figures are in the column "MR".

Mike.

Attachments

• Fairyhouse.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back