• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Compiling Speed figures.

these are the only races i've identified as being run on the new 1m course in Curragh since 2017
race_dateracetimetrackrace_namerace_restrictions_agerace_classmajorrace_distanceprize_moneygoing_descriptionnumber_of_runnersplacedistbthorse_name
01/07/2017​
15:10:00​
CurraghDubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire Celebration Stakes (Listed)3yo+IrishListed Race1m
25214​
Good
9​
1stTrue Valour (IRE)
30/06/2018​
15:25:00​
CurraghDubai Duty Free Millennium Millionaire Celebration Stakes (Listed)3yo+IrishListed Race1m
26106​
Good To Firm
6​
1stIm So Fancy (IRE)
29/06/2019​
14:55:00​
CurraghDubai Duty Free Finest Surprise Celebration Stakes (Listed)3yo+IrishListed Race1m
39159​
Good
9​
1stInsignia Of Rank (IRE)
29/09/2019​
16:00:00​
CurraghBeresford Stakes (Group 2)2yoIrishGroup 21m
58406​
Heavy
5​
1stInnisfree (IRE)
13/10/2019​
14:40:00​
CurraghStaffordstown Stud Stakes (Listed) (Fillies)2yoIrishListed Race1m
26549​
Soft To Heavy
7​
1stFancy Blue (IRE)

davejb

Mare
A look over the seconds fast/slow per furlong figures at a meeting can help spot occasions where two or more going allowances are needed.
Dave

After analysing Monday's meeting at Naas to determine whether or not there should be 2 going allowances becuse the times on the round course were slower than the straight course I ended up with only 1.

Naas2.PNG

I calculated the going allowance for all 7 races at -0.93s/f (heavy), "Top Speed" had 2 going allowance.

Naas.PNG

Just because the times on the round course were slower than the straight this does not mean you have to have 2 going allowance, the races might have been run at a slower pace, you have to assess this.

To show a major faux pas from "Top Speed", take a look at the 7f race with the 2nd place horse Camachita, earning a top speed figure of 93 which is 1lb higher than her OR and 24lb up on her best speed figure, my speed figure for Camachita was 56.

You make the assessment...

Camachita.PNG
Mike.

davejb

Mare
This is what I had -
1585433220112.png

This gave Camachita a rating of 54.

If you look at the 'seconds per furlong' comparison figures the 3.00 is pretty fast, about 0.2s/f faster than the rest of the card, while the final race is about 0.3s/f slow compared to the rest - the other races are all pretty similar to each other, that alone tells me that there's no real justification for having a split allowance.

Dave

Bertie123

Yearling
NAAS Monday 23rd. I have CAMACHITA at (93) on my speed/form ratings but I don’t calculate them anything like Topspeed and rarely are they the same . I have the winner IN FROM THE COLD on (82) TS is 83. Usually I am fairly close to Official Ratings. I am intrigued as to the OR rating columns on Mikes post particularly for RUSSIAN EMPEROR (76) as I put him in my Ones To Watch Post. I was looking forward to see what the OR would be as I suggested that my figure of (65) plus WFA (17lbs) would take it into the 80’s. (I don’t use WFA but used this example to illustrate) I cannot find an OR in the horses RP record or on the BHA site. The same goes for POETIC FLARE (79) My Rating. I think I read somewhere that Mike has a calculation whereby he can transpose the RPR to the OR?

I am intrigued as to the OR rating columns on Mikes post particularly for RUSSIAN EMPEROR (76) as I put him in my Ones To Watch Post. I was looking forward to see what the OR would be as I suggested that my figure of (65) plus WFA (17lbs) would take it into the 80’s.
To obtain Russian Emperor's OR I use my RPR conv table.

Mike.

Attachments

Jamie_E

Yearling
Converting my ground allowances for the Naas card to s/f I started with 1.08 on the straight track at 2:00 and finished at 1.42 on the round track at 5:00. My times and ratings came into line much better that way. I am more than happy to have the ground changing for the better or worse throughout the day.

Mick Kinane says of Naas in his course guide on ATR, "It’s known as the 'Punter’s Graveyard', but I don’t see why it plays out like that, as it is a fair track by all accounts. On the round track, the ground before the chute for the mile start back up to the mile-and-a-quarter start tends to get softer than the rest of it. I’d always prefer a low draw in the mile-and-a-quarter races. The seven furlong and mile tracks are very fair." Whether you listen to that sort of thing is up to you but I find the course guides on there quite good.

Regarding TS's 93 rating, am I right in saying the My Ratings tab on the RP site doesn't take into account an apprentice jockey's claim when calculating its weight adjusted figures?