• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

Compiling Speed figures.

davejb

Mare
Not all of us, at least not all of it! As Mr Nod seems to have not noticed the reply to Tacker's fairly old post, Mike posts his 'horses to follow' type qualifiers each day, I speed rate every race on every card and put the ratings into the forum open area, and Outlander and others contribute info to a variety of threads - now granted this doesn't perhaps mean ALL of that goes into the open area, but given that 'green' access will get you a lot of it, including Chesham Chesham class ratings and the like, then perhaps those wanting to compare one person's ratings to another's would be able to do so were they to post regularly, not annoy anyone, and get greened up!

The solution is in your own hands gents....
meanwhile, as ever, my Early Days thread contains speed ratings for every race tomorrow, every race going back several years for those wanting to read through 150 odd pages of thread, and how each day's ratings performed is the first item on my daily post.

Dave

tacker

Mare
Might it be of interest if a race was chosen and all the time lads had a bash at some ratings or selections similar to the ukbf common race davejb davejb ? Might create plenty of interest i would have thought.
For anyone in any doubt about what i actually said in this post might want to read it again rather than how it is being interpreted.
No mention of "compairing", "competition" or "beauty contest".

Chesham

Sire
:text-goodpost: davejb davejb

As you know The Inner Sanctum Blog Members appreciate all the hard work that you speed compilers do and the hurdles that you have to overcome, with regards race times and distances being returned inaccurate and challenging those data suppliers.

Sorry that you have to suffer idiots but at least the Inner Sanctum Blog is an area free of idiotic posts, or an idiotic post that leads other idiots to jump in, but perhaps that’s why they are Blue and not green LOL

No doubt they will always be Blue(y)

Last edited:

OnTheNod

Gelding
I am not saying they do not work davejb davejb i have used speed with good effect ever since i first started with betting when i was 15 even with the greyhounds, but it would just be nice to see them working to good effect in a few races not condemning them in anyway, look at racing from all angles i say.

I do not think i have annoyed anyone i was ungreened because i did not post for a year a while back as far as i know, but i let sleeping dogs lie and still post and bear no malice to anyone.

Also i think it silly to bring up about the blog all the time when outside folk cannot judge its value, as though it is a plethora of winners to a certain cliche, we are all in racing to find as many winners as possible by any means possible i believe, not you btw you do a great job on the OS and many folk respect your effort and views.

Still as i say Good Luck!! all, and no malice here.

davejb

Mare
Not intended as a dig at you T tacker - I was merely telling OnTheNod OnTheNod that if he'd read the posts following yours he'd have seen that this was not an idea that struck a chord with the speed rating chaps. I thought I'd made that clear in my opening sentence. Your post read -

'Might it be of interest if a race was chosen and all the time lads had a bash at some ratings or selections similar to the ukbf common race @
davejb
davejb ? Might create plenty of interest i would have thought.'

All the speed raters contribute already in their chosen manner, I rate every race, in public, every day, Mike ( TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother ) puts his own ratings up each day, admittedly you'd have to copy his ratings files and look the runners up for yourself to see how he rated an upcoming race, but the info is already there. A number of others put up notes about how they rated various horses, or show how they rate a particular race, this is all freely shared on the forum, although some of this is limited to the inner sanctum - much of it is open to all, I do not do a 'better version' for the blog members for example. I'm not all that interested in combining with the other guys to cover races picked by whoever simply to save other folk from reading what we are already posting.... we've done all the work, don't expect it to be gift wrapped.

OnTheNod OnTheNod I never suggested for a moment that you thought the ratings weren't any good, but that having explained exactly why - in reply to tacker - this wasn't going to happen I'd have thought you'd have realised the same reply would apply to anyone chipping in pages later to suggest it was a good idea.

I'd suggest that Chesham Chesham talking about the blog, which is not a treasury of winning tips, but it is a mine of information, is merely trying to encourage all the blue members to up their game a bit to attain the IS membership that active participation brings to those who do not create too much friction along the way. From blue to green can be a matter of 2 months solid effort, maybe a bit less if your work really strikes a chord, it isn't up to me. Blog membership requires that level of activity/commitment, and having something the other members consider worth hearing to say. It also requires the prospective blog member to be seen as somebody who will fit in with the existing members, which is more a case of good humour and general friendliness than anything else. Blog membership is not at all automatic, you can be greened up and that's that - but as the green area has so much of worth in it that's hardly a problem.

Dave

admittedly you'd have to copy his ratings files and look the runners up for yourself to see how he rated an upcoming race
My speed figures for every race in the UK and Ireland are available each day via Chesham Chesham class rating sheets, the only proviso you have to be "green" to view.

The most frustrating thing about compiling speed figures in this country, the majority of races are not true run races, take yesterday's meeting at York, Snowfall the easy winner of Musidora earned a speed figure of only 53 from me due to the first four furlongs were run at a crawl, the last 3 furlongs were run at "eye-candy" speed, this is the only thing people with no knowledge of speed figure compiling see, and where the professionals wax lyrical about Snowfall performance, I have to live in the real world.

Mike.

Attachments

• york_sectionals.pdf
    119 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

tacker

Mare
Not intended as a dig at you T tacker - I was merely telling OnTheNod OnTheNod that if he'd read the posts following yours he'd have seen that this was not an idea that struck a chord with the speed rating chaps. I thought I'd made that clear in my opening sentence. Your post read -

'Might it be of interest if a race was chosen and all the time lads had a bash at some ratings or selections similar to the ukbf common race @
davejb

All the speed raters contribute already in their chosen manner, I rate every race, in public, every day, Mike ( TheBluesBrother TheBluesBrother ) puts his own ratings up each day, admittedly you'd have to copy his ratings files and look the runners up for yourself to see how he rated an upcoming race, but the info is already there. A number of others put up notes about how they rated various horses, or show how they rate a particular race, this is all freely shared on the forum, although some of this is limited to the inner sanctum - much of it is open to all, I do not do a 'better version' for the blog members for example. I'm not all that interested in combining with the other guys to cover races picked by whoever simply to save other folk from reading what we are already posting.... we've done all the work, don't expect it to be gift wrapped.

OnTheNod OnTheNod I never suggested for a moment that you thought the ratings weren't any good, but that having explained exactly why - in reply to tacker - this wasn't going to happen I'd have thought you'd have realised the same reply would apply to anyone chipping in pages later to suggest it was a good idea.

I'd suggest that Chesham Chesham talking about the blog, which is not a treasury of winning tips, but it is a mine of information, is merely trying to encourage all the blue members to up their game a bit to attain the IS membership that active participation brings to those who do not create too much friction along the way. From blue to green can be a matter of 2 months solid effort, maybe a bit less if your work really strikes a chord, it isn't up to me. Blog membership requires that level of activity/commitment, and having something the other members consider worth hearing to say. It also requires the prospective blog member to be seen as somebody who will fit in with the existing members, which is more a case of good humour and general friendliness than anything else. Blog membership is not at all automatic, you can be greened up and that's that - but as the green area has so much of worth in it that's hardly a problem.

Dave
Hi davejb davejb My idea with that post was no more than what we might already see from time to time, for example there have been a couple of such discussions since then on this thread "MOTASABEQ" and " BOLSHOI BALLET" both interesting in my view and they have generated further discussion. To be perfectly honest i did think your first response to my suggestion was over the top and did include "beauty contest" which i felt unfair but chose not to respond at the time. Because it has now been brought up again i thought it sensible to remind everyone exactly what i said rather than how it was interpreted, it is utterly baffling to me how such a little post seems to have generated so much heat.
Hopefully davejb davejb this reply hasn't caused world war 3 before you get the chance to read it .

OnTheNod

Gelding

davejb

Dave
No sorry davejb davejb i only read that post and thought it could be a good idea maybe, still again just a passing thought cant be right all the time.

davejb

Mare
T tacker I'm not interested in fighting anyone to be honest. I did see the suggestion as being 'let's get all the speed raters in one place' which I honestly believe most people would treat as an opportunity to see who got it right most often, thereby saving themselves the effort of looking at the various threads we already support. I'm always more than a little suspicious of anyone inviting to do more on here than I already do.

I don't bite as hard as Chesham Chesham perhaps most of the time, but I do think it's a case of we are already putting the info out there - Chesham, when he writes a horse up for a race, regularly adds notes about Mike's speed ratings, or points out Mike and I have the horse well rated, thereby making use of what we post and then running with it, this is what should be happening instead of people (not specifically yourself here, I might add) who think we should be doing this also. When Mike or I believe it would be useful to members to see how we view a race from our ratings we do that, Mike also includes post race comments on horses who have been well rated.

As far as your original post, I thought it a bit cheeky to suggest other people should do something you thought a good idea, rather than generating something yourself, but it was no more than that. Equally I was just a little annoyed by Onthenod carrying the idea on when the response to it was clearly lacking in support from those who'd have to do it.... not fuming mad or anything, just a bit annoyed.

'Do any of you speed ratings guys think it would be a good idea to do a sort of daily UKBF common race from a speed ratings perspective?' Would have been nicer, 'does anyone think that....' rather invites everyone to have a vote on whether to give us the job or not.

Dave

Larry

Mare
I recently asked a question on here about Noon Star, I wasn't asking anyone to give anything extra just wanted an opinion to back up what I thought I'd seen, a number of contributors not only answered they also supplied addendums which I wasn't asking for but gratefully received

tacker

Mare
T tacker I'm not interested in fighting anyone to be honest. I did see the suggestion as being 'let's get all the speed raters in one place' which I honestly believe most people would treat as an opportunity to see who got it right most often, thereby saving themselves the effort of looking at the various threads we already support. I'm always more than a little suspicious of anyone inviting to do more on here than I already do.

I don't bite as hard as Chesham Chesham perhaps most of the time, but I do think it's a case of we are already putting the info out there - Chesham, when he writes a horse up for a race, regularly adds notes about Mike's speed ratings, or points out Mike and I have the horse well rated, thereby making use of what we post and then running with it, this is what should be happening instead of people (not specifically yourself here, I might add) who think we should be doing this also. When Mike or I believe it would be useful to members to see how we view a race from our ratings we do that, Mike also includes post race comments on horses who have been well rated.

As far as your original post, I thought it a bit cheeky to suggest other people should do something you thought a good idea, rather than generating something yourself, but it was no more than that. Equally I was just a little annoyed by Onthenod carrying the idea on when the response to it was clearly lacking in support from those who'd have to do it.... not fuming mad or anything, just a bit annoyed.

'Do any of you speed ratings guys think it would be a good idea to do a sort of daily UKBF common race from a speed ratings perspective?' Would have been nicer, 'does anyone think that....' rather invites everyone to have a vote on whether to give us the job or not.

Dave
davejb davejb
Thanks for the reply dave and trust me i wasn't aiming the idea at just the most recognisable "speed lads", i would guess there might be 10 or 12 on this forum all together , maybe more? and of course like you say the 3 or 4 that always post, do more than enough.
Anyway I haven't looked in on your early days thread for a while but hopefully it's going well for you and will continue to do so.

davejb

Mare
T tacker
Fair enough old chap, if I were significantly annoyed at something I'd probably be more abrupt - I thought both your original post and the follow up to OntheNod's deserved a reply explaining my reasons for opposing the idea, it wasn't an attempt to beat you down with a sledgehammer!

Threads where there is a focussed attempt at puzzling things out aren't at all unwelcome, you'd be more likely to get a decent level of interaction if you kept it more general - you might well then attract speed based input along with everything else - but the number of people actually posting anything concrete tends to be very small, I sometimes wonder if there was a free beer thread whether it'd attract enough regular participants to keep it going,

Things are going okay thankyou, I hope your own efforts are also giving you something to smile about.

Dave

tacker

Mare
T tacker
Fair enough old chap, if I were significantly annoyed at something I'd probably be more abrupt - I thought both your original post and the follow up to OntheNod's deserved a reply explaining my reasons for opposing the idea, it wasn't an attempt to beat you down with a sledgehammer!

Threads where there is a focussed attempt at puzzling things out aren't at all unwelcome, you'd be more likely to get a decent level of interaction if you kept it more general - you might well then attract speed based input along with everything else - but the number of people actually posting anything concrete tends to be very small, I sometimes wonder if there was a free beer thread whether it'd attract enough regular participants to keep it going,

Things are going okay thankyou, I hope your own efforts are also giving you something to smile about.

Dave
Not the least bit annoyed davejb davejb, people who take part in beauty contests don't easily turn ugly at the slightest thing.

By the way we already have a "free beer " thread , it's called the pedigree chums.

OnTheNod

Gelding
Not the least bit annoyed davejb davejb, people who take part in beauty contests don't easily turn ugly at the slightest thing.

By the way we already have a "free beer " thread , it's called the pedigree chums.

Yes i suppose betting is not like a contest really it is a bit like playing guitar it is mostly about enjoyment and a bit of fun, where is the pedigree chums thread i thought it was on the old IS but was discontinued when things changed, i see you are blue now so how can you view this thread, it was the best thread on their, plus the old what are you betting today which was more or less deceased when i was last on their.

Cashelman

Filly
My updated 2yo figures, three interesting debutants all producing 65+ figures Gisburn, Project Dante and Korker

DateRacecseclassdistgoingPosHorseAgeTrainerJockey
28-Apr-2113:35AscotClass 25.0Good To Firm1Chipotle2Houghton, Eve JohnsonBishop, Charles70
14-May-2113:50NewburyClass 46.0Good to Soft1Gisburn (IRE)2Hannon (Jnr), RichardDobbs, Pat69
28-Apr-2113:35AscotClass 25.0Good To Firm2The Gatekeeper (IRE)2Johnston, MCurtis, B A67
12-May-2116:15YorkClass 35.0Good1Project Dante2Smart, BLee, G65
12-May-2116:15YorkClass 35.0Good2Korker (IRE)2Burke, K RLee, Clifford65
27-Apr-2114:30BrightonClass 55.3Good To Firm1Navello2Boughey, GeorgeCurrie, Nicola64
12-May-2116:15YorkClass 35.0Good3Jadhlaan2Johnston, MCrowley, Jim63
14-May-2114:00LeopardstownIrish7.0Good1Celtic Times (IRE)2Bolger, J SManning, K J63
14-May-2114:00LeopardstownIrish7.0Good2Moony Beams2Lyons, G MKeane, C T62
24-Apr-2116:45DoncasterClass 55.0Good To Firm1Armor2Hannon (Jnr), RichardMoore, Ryan62
02-May-2116:15Newmarket (Rowley)Class 35.0Good To Firm1Dig Two (IRE)2Palmer, HugoDoyle, James62
13-May-2113:15SalisburyClass 45.0Soft1Superior Force2Boughey, GeorgeRyan, Rossa62
15-Apr-2114:15RiponClass 55.0Good to Firm1Khunan2Fahey, R AHanagan, Paul61

Cashelman

Filly
Updated 3yo figures, the 2000 Guineas still the best form

01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm1Poetic Flare (IRE)3Bolger, J SManning, K J95
01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm2Master Of The Seas (IRE)3Appleby, CharlieBuick, William95
01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm3Lucky Vega (IRE)3Harrington, Mrs JohnFoley, Shane95
13-Apr-2114:10Newmarket (Rowley)Class 37.0Good to Firm1Mutasaabeq3Hills, CharlesCrowley, Jim90
01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm4Naval Crown3Appleby, CharlieKirby, Adam90
09-May-2115:15LeopardstownGroup 310.0Good1Bolshoi Ballet (IRE)3OBrien, A PMoore, Ryan90
01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm5Chindit (IRE)3Hannon (Jnr), RichardDobbs, Pat87
05-May-2114:15ChesterListed Race11.3Good to Soft2Zeyaadah (IRE)3Varian, RogerCrowley, Jim87
13-May-2115:40YorkListed Race5.0Good1Winter Power (IRE)3Easterby, T DSousa, Silvestre De87
23-Apr-2115:35SandownGroup 310.0Good1Alenquer (FR)3Haggas, W JMarquand, Tom86
01-May-2118:05DoncasterClass 38.0Good1Aerion Power (IRE)3Stoute, Sir MichaelCrehan, Mark86
01-May-2115:40Newmarket (Rowley)Group 18.0Good To Firm6One Ruler (IRE)3Appleby, CharlieDoyle, James86
23-Apr-2115:35SandownGroup 310.0Good2Adayar (IRE)3Appleby, CharlieDoyle, James86
23-Apr-2115:35SandownGroup 310.0Good3Yibir3Appleby, CharlieBuick, William85
05-May-2114:15ChesterListed Race11.3Good to Soft1Dubai Fountain (IRE)3Johnston, MNorton, Francis85

Cashelman

Filly
4yo+

Broome has 3 of the top figures interesting to see if he goes to Royal Ascot and Mighty Blue is a surprise and maybe one for the Melbourne Cup

17-Apr-2115:10CurraghIrish10.0Good1Broome (IRE)5OBrien, A PMoore, Ryan98
17-Apr-2115:10CurraghIrish10.0Good2Thundering Nights (IRE)4OBrien, Joseph PatrickCrosse, S M97
05-May-2117:30Gowran ParkListed Race14.0Good to Soft1Mighty Blue (FR)5OBrien, Joseph PatrickMcMonagle, Dylan B97
28-Mar-2115:25NaasIrish10.0Heavy1Broome (IRE)5OBrien, A PHeffernan, J A96
26-Apr-2114:25NaasListed Race5.0Good to Soft2Harrys Bar6McGuinness, AdrianWhelan, R P96
23-Apr-2115:00SandownGroup 28.0Good1Palace Pier4Gosden, John and ThadyDettori, L96
17-Apr-2115:10CurraghIrish10.0Good4Helvic Dream (IRE)4Meade, NoelKeane, C T95
05-May-2117:30Gowran ParkListed Race14.0Good to Soft4Princess Zoe (GER)6Mullins, AnthonySheridan, J M94
16-Apr-2114:15NewburyClass 216.5Good2Almighwar4Gosden, John and ThadyCrowley, Jim94
26-Apr-2114:25NaasListed Race5.0Good to Soft4Make A Challenge (IRE)6Hogan, Denis GerardDoyle, Joe94
10-May-2118:30WindsorListed Race8.1Good1Solid Stone (IRE)5Stoute, Sir MichaelMoore, Ryan94
01-May-2114:25Newmarket (Rowley)Group 35.0Good To Firm1Lazuli (IRE)4Appleby, CharlieBuick, William94
17-Apr-2115:10CurraghIrish10.0Good3Up Helly Aa (IRE)5McCreery, WLee, W J93
08-May-2115:25LingfieldGroup 37.0Good to Soft1Axana (GER)5Wohler, AWatson, Jason93
07-May-2114:45ChesterClass 218.6Good1Falcon Eight (IRE)6Weld, D KDettori, L93
03-May-2114:35CurraghGroup 210.0Good to Soft1Broome (IRE)5OBrien, A PMoore, Ryan92
06-May-2115:15ChesterGroup 313.4Good2Trueshan (FR)5King, ADoyle, Hollie92
07-Apr-2116:10NottinghamListed Race14.0Good to Firm1Sir Ron Priestley5Johnston, MNorton, Francis92