• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

VDW Coming back to VDW - again!

banjaxed

Yearling
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me in.

I was involved in the initial Yahoo forum all those years ago, this one looks much, much more useful and productive.

I got all the books etc. when they were published but still haven't been able to make sense of it all or find the infamous 'missing link' ... I've lost count of the number of times I've 'picked it up', determined to figure it out and then got frustrated and 'put it down' again.

I hope this place will help me get to grips with the thing ... or maybe even disabuse me of the notion that I can!

Cheers,
Mark

banjaxed banjaxed Blimey someone posting not long after joining - is that a first?

:welcome: are you the Mark who started the Yahoo forum?

You could always post your selections in the comp and try and win a few bob. Rules are here--->>>

Thanks for the welcome guys ... bearing in mind that I couldn't ever figure out what I was looking for in terms of 'VDW horses', where's the best place to start in the forum?

Cheers,
Mark

Hello banjaxed banjaxed and welcome

If you want to really know about vdw read what Chesham Chesham and Bobajobber Bobajobber have written on this forum, they are very knowledgeable. Also look at mtoto mtoto blog, he makes a living out of his vdw

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,

Thanks for the steer. I've already come across a few posts by Chesham Chesham on your thread and they are really interesting. Also, the 'Lee' stuff is good stuff too but I gather he's not around these parts any more.

I'm only on page 23 of your thread but I have to say I'm ultra impressed with your determination and dedication.

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” - Calvin Coolidge

only wish I could apply it as well as you do ...

Hi hedgehog hedgehog,
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” - Calvin Coolidge

Persistence is useless without intelligence
If 2 people are banging their heads against a brick wall, the one with the intelligence to realize it's doing him no good will in the long run be more successful.
The best the persistent one can hope for is a headache

I suppose it depends on why they are banging their heads against the wall :)

One thing to think about is that VDW was G Hall and G R Lincoln and his real name G R Hall, so witht he later pseudonym he got even cheekier in trying to test being caught out
see link below on this Forum
[URL="http://www.theukbettingforum.co.uk/XenForo/threads/vdw-rambling.26045/#post-157863"]VDW Rambling[/URL]

Nothing wrong with the Platform he suggested and to a certain extent the Components are used by many although many not having read VDW

CONSISTENT FORM + ABILITY + CAPABILITY + PROBABILITY - HARD WORK = WINNERS

VDW :
Some people are said to be lucky, intuitive or to have the know-how because everything goes right for them. But in reality they are, either by design or otherwise, in tune with their subconscious and, by instinct, react positively.

Frustration with the VDW Method has, for many, been the lack of positive attitude and progress has been retarded because they are inept at allowing the mind to do the work.

The advice that Horseplayer Horseplayer is sound, although in my opinion he produces the best speed figures around, he still adapts to new thinking and ways to improve his success.

Chesham Chesham, Horseplayer Horseplayer

I take the point guys. That's why I've given up on 'figuring it out' on multiple occasions previously - head got too sore for too little progress.

I've got ideas (not something I came up with myself but stuff that's been posted around for years) about most parts of the 'equation' except for the 'consistent form' ... but, after getting some ideas from reading some posts on here I'm hopeful I'll get the time to try them out this weekend.

Cheers

Chesham Chesham,

Forgot to say earlier ... I didn't know about the true identity of VDW until I came here. Thanks for the link pointing out his multiple personalities.

I do remember reading that letter you referred me to and thinking the story was a bit hokey at the time.

I read something (was it Bobajobber Bobajobber) saying that Tony Peach reckons he never paid 'VDW' for any of his submissions. If that was so, do you have anyt houghts on what his motivation was for putting his ideas forward and subsequently following them up via other identities?

Last edited:
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: I'm just so thick, i did not no that i was smashing my head against a wall until i looked in the mirror. What should i do, this:help: or this:hunter:.

Arkle

Back