• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Combining angle and ratings

As I've discussed with a few of you here, I like the idea of a nice angle which wouldn't be particularly profitable backed blindly, but with some other standard mechanism (ratings, race reading) could provide an edge.

I'll post qualifiers here for an idea on the flat and AW that I'm trying. As ever, everything at 1pt win to BSP as a minimum Indicator of return. I'm a bit short on time at the moment so I might need to post different qualifiers more than once a day, and I might occasionally update the spreadsheet less regularly. It's not as simple as checking Horseracebase for qualifiers each morning (unfortunately).

Not sure about regularity of qualifiers as last year's disruptions have distorted things. But maybe 2 or 3 on average each day.

First qualifier today:

Redcar, 16:05: Brazen Belle

As I've discussed with a few of you here, I like the idea of a nice angle which wouldn't be particularly profitable backed blindly, but with some other standard mechanism (ratings, race reading) could provide an edge.

I'll post qualifiers here for an idea on the flat and AW that I'm trying. As ever, everything at 1pt win to BSP as a minimum Indicator of return. I'm a bit short on time at the moment so I might need to post different qualifiers more than once a day, and I might occasionally update the spreadsheet less regularly. It's not as simple as checking Horseracebase for qualifiers each morning (unfortunately).

Not sure about regularity of qualifiers as last year's disruptions have distorted things. But maybe 2 or 3 on average each day.

First qualifier today:

Redcar, 16:05: Brazen Belle
Look forward to this greyabbey newcomer, good luck.

Thing is, on certain ratings (eg Racing Post ratings) the horse wasn't far behind the favourites. Just the angle I've focused on here (happy to share more details on it as I develop the thread) didn't fancy the horse one bit.
(Essentially saying that the only thing stopping me backing the horse was myself and my judgement...) :)

Brighton, 13:00: Portelet Bay
Leicester, 15:45: Desert History
Leicester, 16:15: Divine Magic
Leicester, 16:50: Silent Flame

Combination of seconditis and rubbish so far. I think I can add an additional filter that will cut out a lot of losses and only a handful of winners, so I'll work with that from now on.

Back