• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Cheeky blighters

djb38

Gelding
couldnt help but notice a "special" bet at the bookies

Over 75 goals in the EFL trophy games tonight (17 games in total) odds 12/1

If it was 1200/1 I wouldn't take it as you need 8 games with 5 goals and 9 games with 4.
Not sure what the average goals per game is but would guesstimate 2.5 so we should be looking at a total this evening of 42.5 goals give or take a few as a benchmark

Ok so I didn't factor in the gillingham game which of course would average 12 goals, did they give the keepers a night off i wonder
68 goals, a neat average of 4 goals per game is a ridiculously high return( 4 of the games returned 31 goals, nearly 8 per game :eek:) so it still fell 8 goals short of the bookies special offer.
compared to the premierships average of 2.64 goals per game

They seem to be doing this kind of thing a lot at the moment e.g.

1: Brainstorm a special type of bet/accumulator for a relatively big event/match and price it
2: Put a hefty overround in
3: Promote it through shops, media etc

I imagine a lot of people fall for it as the higher single/double figure odds they're offering possibly seem good to casual punters who don't understand probability, shame more people don't realise that a bookmaker giving you a good price on something is literally the last thing they'd want to do!

You're spot on @BH01
Best part was, they had the promotion pinned up above the urinal so you can study the "specials" whilst you're having a pee :taunt:
The obviously university educated manager in the shop where I was had even listed all the specials A to Z so us less educated mortals can part with our hard earned by scrawling an x or whatever on the bet slip :prankster:

Best part was, they had the promotion pinned up above the urinal so you can study the "specials" whilst you're having a pee

:rofl: Well, I suppose they are in the business of getting customers to piss their money away ;)

Back