• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

CF 2018 TIMICO GOLD CUP - DAY 4

great race between the two and a great example of how crucial the ground conditions are to the result of any race. Staying was the name of the game as it looked like Might Bite would cruise past him from the second fence out. i think we should have another Going Description - Gluey ! when it rains on the day and goes Soft/ Heavy often horses can just sluice through it but when the Heavy ground starts to dry out and becomes Gluey it becomes difficult for horses which have a gear change to make use of it . on another day on better ground i think Might Bite goes past Native River ?

great race between the two and a great example of how crucial the ground conditions are to the result of any race. Staying was the name of the game as it looked like Might Bite would cruise past him from the second fence out. i think we should have another Going Description - Gluey ! when it rains on the day and goes Soft/ Heavy often horses can just sluice through it but when the Heavy ground starts to dry out and becomes Gluey it becomes difficult for horses which have a gear change to make use of it . on another day on better ground i think Might Bite goes past Native River ?
Thought MB was cruising 2 out and was just a case of when. On better ground I think the result would be reversed. A great spectacle never the less.

agree dicko14 dicko14 . it was a great week , as it is always and probably financially my best too . i am not sure what to make of all the Stats and Trends info because these Irish Boy's seem to be re - writing the History Books so to speak , over the last few years . will this carry on ? i expect it will for a few more years ? i think it is foolish to bet too far out and more notice needs to be taken of the Going and more effort needs to be put into studying the Irish form and the way they go about things ! ah well , the countdown begins again !!

Evening all I watched it late on after taping it aand I bet Total recall who I thought slipped rather than fell, and I though he was going well.

I also didn’t think Mite Bite would stay after the last run at Cheltenham, last year Kempton form hasn’t worked out well.

I wouldn’t be sure how the race will stand up my opinion is Native River won’t win next year if turning up to defend the crown.

I’m no time expert but also thought the 2 were given an easy lead and better ground wouldn’t have been the case.

Cheers

dicko14 dicko14

I agree with you it may have Been a lot of runners but if you took the others out it turned in to a match with nothing else getting near so that make s it uncompetitive to me, we shall see there’s Aintree and Puchestown and Galway to come.

Back