• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

CF 2018 Supreme Novices Hurdle

I may be missing something here, wouldnt be the first! but can some one explain why Kalashnikov is half the price of Summerville boy when it got beat by it when they met?

I may be missing something here, wouldnt be the first! but can some one explain why Kalashnikov is half the price of Summerville boy when it got beat by it when they met?

Tom George was pleased to see Summerville Boy's Sky Bet Supreme claims boosted by Kalashnikov's win in the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury.
Amy Murphy's stable star took the competitive Betfair Hurdle in great style having previously filled the runner-up spot behind Summerville Boy in the Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown.
"It gives his form a solid look and our horse will definitely enjoy a bit better ground than it was at Sandown - it's not like he needs heavy ground," said George.
"The two races he's had at Cheltenham were more of a learning process, he needed to learn to settle and everything else. He needs a strongly-run race and the first time he got it was in the Tolworth.
"The other two races were good for him to learn but they weren't much good for him at the time. You'd think he will surely get the strong pace he needs in the Supreme."

Still hopeful the snow will have gone by the Tuesday, the temptation to get stuck in to Getabird is tempting, however g Elliot has said Megli Khan will be a better horse, and I also like Summerville Boy.

There are others coming in to the fray but slowly narrowing it down.

Still hopeful the snow will have gone by the Tuesday, the temptation to get stuck in to Getabird is tempting, however g Elliot has said Megli Khan will be a better horse, and I also like Summerville Boy.

There are others coming in to the fray but slowly narrowing it down.
just a slight concern on his number of races may find him out.

dicko14 dicko14

Thanks I just realised after posting you meant the 2 runs doh!

Still just listened to the Wetherby pre chelts on U tube and the bookies are not confident he will win,

Morning I know the trends are against it and history but what are the thoughts about Scarket Dragon, watched the last race yesterday and although smashing 1 hurdle had a nice run and certainly finished the race well.

History says no but thought it was one of the better runs coming in to the race just hope the snow relents.

Pingman Pingman
Would say its a big ask but not impossible as stats/ trends are there to be broken. Would like to have seen a win against it name though.

Back